It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are the authorities watching you? my experience today

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Today i had an unusual experience, i was at work, i work in retail and so work closely with customers.

I was walking around the shop floor when a customer approached me, thinking he would ask about a product or customer service query, but instead, he said with no introduction " your very knowledgeable on physics and astronomy" and then queried my knowledge, i was happy to answer his questions but his questions became a little odd, some related to scientific subjects i pay attention to and research on line.

After about ten minutes chat he exited without purchase. My question would be how does he know this? how did he know i spend a lot of time researching physics and astronomy among other subjects. he didnt look an official type but spoke in an informed manner, like he knew me well and was adept to at least degree level in physics, i've never meet him before.

after he left, it really spooked me out, i asked other colleagues if they recognize him as a previous customer and all said they have never seen him before.

he asked location, what telescope i use if any and how much i paid, quizzed literally on the shop floor on physics,maths and astronomy and what i observed regularly , if i knew certain people, what organizations or associations i belong to if any etc

whats your take on this? should i be worried. i dont hack but will dig very very deep for information i need.
edit on 21-10-2011 by technologicalsingularity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by technologicalsingularity

Why didn't you ask him how he knows ? and why didn't you tell him to google it :p

sounds suspicious .

Next time tell him ATS FTW!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Yeah but it still doesn't explain why this individual asked these specific questions.

I don't see why any government agent would ever bother asking such a thing. It seems way out of context.

There has to be another solution to this bizarre event, although the solution could be just as equally bizarre.

Think of other things, go back further in your memory a few years. Let this jumble around in your head for a few days, then maybe when you are using the restroom or something random like that, it will suddenly hit you "Ohhhh that guy knew me from ____".

If you are truly into physics and subjects of this nature, than it would be nearly impossible for you to hide it 100% from anyone educated enough to discern the signs.

Let's look into some alternative explanations here.

It could have been an agent, true, but although possible it is rather unlikely and one of the least expected outcomes in my assessment.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by technologicalsingularity
whats your take on this? should i be worried. i dont hack but will dig very very deep for information i need.

Depending on your interest and where you post on the interwebs a file on you may have been started lol but atleast your viewed in the knowledge level of things ect. YES as another poster said ATS FTW
Earth influenced file or COSMIC influenced file I guess depends.
edit on 10/21/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Well if this person is anything to worry about he will be reading your post now unless you are under proxy.

Or could of just been some guy hacking your wi-fi connection or some random weirdo.

Whoever he was remember to have no fear, fear is there greatest control method.
edit on 21-10-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
It could also be some form of stalking and not govt related. BOLO in case he's hanging around. Good luck.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Do you have a Facebook page where you post such information? I'd say FB is the #1 monitored tool of the police state, ATS is probably somewhere in the top 10 though.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
i would be worried, but my girl friend says i might be the most paranoid person on this planet

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Why didn't you question him?
First thing that would have came to my mind is.. how did you know?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
As a long-time employee in positions of direct public service I can tell you that they latch onto things. Things you may talk about with other employees, in the parking lot with friends, outside on your phone, etc...

They hear things and start to form profiles of you. The longer you work there the more they pick up and eventually they begin to think of you as a friend of theirs.

You could have never spoken one word to them or even noticed them in months or years but in their world they know way too much about you from piecing things they;ve heard you say and seen you do together and they can get really, really creepy at times.

I've been followed home on more than one occasion.

Public service is great and all when you can help somebody get what they need/want and they thank you for it but there are times when I'm reminded that there are an awful lot of weirdos out there. Both harmless and malicious.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Dont waste your time being all worried. .People make a proffesional living , watching other people . They dont watch themselves , but always look externally . Thus they miss any golden chance of real life in this human form .

Better that we watch ourselves and who we are and where are we going too. What do we seek . Do we want self knowledge and seek higher spiritual based existence

Let them play their lives out watching if thats all they want from life .

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Why didn't you ask him how he knows ? and why didn't you tell him to google it :p sounds suspicious . Next time tell him ATS FTW!

he may well be on ATS, but it doesnt answer how he knows my forte.

Yeah but it still doesn't explain why this individual asked these specific questions.

yes i agree, very strange as he pretty much brought up some rather specific jargon and well tested me to see if i understood and responded to my analysis, quite flippant at times. he asked me if i knew various people, whether i belonged to certain associations and my location (i gave only a location that would be within 5 miles of my actual location) what telescope i use, how much i paid for it etc, quizzed me if i knew about an upcoming probe launch.

Well if this person is anything to worry about he will be reading your post now unless you are under proxy.

im not using a proxy, so maybe. but i have nothing to hide, i have nothing to run from, i dont hack. although it wont be the first time i have gained access to information from a third hand source.

Do you have a Facebook page where you post such information? I'd say FB is the #1 monitored tool of the police state, ATS is probably somewhere in the top 10 though.

i do have an fb profile, but nothing about my interests, no linking etc in statuses, i login about once every 3 months, if that. i have multiple av scanners, root kit scanners, malware scanners and adware scanners, all came come up clean last night.

Why didn't you question him? First thing that would have came to my mind is.. how did you know?

i guess i was taken back initially, but we have a customer service policy that'll easily get you into trouble if you dont fulfill the customers requests, so i fulfilled them and sent the happy customer on his way.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

i have done a combined Q+A on peoples comments

2nd line

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

ill second that, there are many weirdo's in my city and they all like my shop, but i like that, it reminds me that im sane and vastly brainer than those i come across, if only i could find/win a job in my forte LOL

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GreatMystery

totally my thoughts inside!

done a combined Q+A so check back on P1

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

i can handle myself, if it starts to turn that way. dont think it was stalking, just odd. my wifi hasnt been hacked either.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by InshaAllah

id say she'd be right if your smoking weed LOL, but some people call it paranoia, others call it preparation, but there is a tipping point, that is insanity.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
What were you talking about prior to the customer questioning you. Could they have overheard something that betrayed your interests and gave them an opening to start a conversation?

that would be my first guess anyway...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

nothing was said relating to my interests prior to the customers approach, infact i only just returned to the shop floor from going to the toilet, its kinda lame being a geek where i live and work, so i keep it to myself.

edit on 21-10-2011 by technologicalsingularity because: typeO

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by technologicalsingularity

curious thanks for the reply

I guess if you got "a bad feeling", or however you want to put it, from it then there is probably a reason I would never deny that. What to do about it? you got me. stay safe...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join