It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The biggest Social issue In the US You do the crime you do the time .(and we love our lynch mob attu

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
reply to post by seabag

How can I show you a better system of "Law" when this isn't even a "Lawful" system in the first place?

So you admit rape is prevalent, than explain to me which court or jury deemed this the correct punishment?

Where does it say rape is acceptable punishment? Which law exactly??

So you can’t tell me about a better system and you can’t explain why all these “innocent people” are raping other prisoners? Maybe you should reconsider your position since you can’t defend it.

I didn’t admit rape was prevalent in prison….you said that. I just asked you who is doing all the raping since you claim the vast majority of prisoners are innocent (your words, not mine).

I strongly agree with you that prison should be isolation. I don’t think there should be TV, social interaction, gangs, rapes, etc. Prisoners should be locked in total isolation and be allowed out to eat and shower and maybe get some occasional exercise…nothing more.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Just a quick little barb, isn't OWS a manifestation of lynch mob mentality?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I think Ill respond as I've ACTUALLY BEEN TO PRISON. Yup, I'm a convicted felon and have been thru it all, Federal, state, local, county and privately run prisons, prison busses and the infamous US Marshal run Con Air.

First off, I too had the attitude of "burn em' at the stake" etc...

Everyone posting on this board HAS ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE about the system and prison unless you've been thru it.

What you see on TV and those MSNBC documentaries give you only a slight cleansed taste of what its like on the inside.

(Let me dispel a myth...the only rape and gay sex stuff going on in prison is stuff that they want to do. There is no rampant gang raping, and Bubba isn't going to make you his wife. Why? because you rape a man no matter how weak he is he can hire one of his race's tough guys to take retribution... so no nothing like that)

But the truth of the matter is, America has advanced the art of human control and housing to well.....an art form. Our maximum security facilities and USP's etc are borderline inhumane. Nothing about re-rehabilitation but rather housing and packing them in for more tax dollar subsidies.

America has the highest recidivism rate of any country on earth. Our prisons don't work. Period.

I was charged with conspiracy. What that means was I owned a chain of automotive shops. One of my employees at one of my shops concealed drugs in the compartment of a customers vehicle for him. The customer (drug dealer) whom had the drugs (1lb of marijuana) got 18 months. My employee who did the concealing got 12 months. Because I was the owner of the shops (18 shops at the time) it was my responsibility the court surmised to magically know every thing that occurred in my shops at all times. I never dealt, sold or did drugs and I can only be at 1 shop at a time. But, because i had the money and assets the DEA and Feds seized everything ($12,000,000 in property and assets) and I got 6 years in federal prison.

So you say, hang me high? Burn me at the stake... I sure was. Now I have nothing and the drug dealer and his accomplice have long been free but both had been re-arrested on other charges... AND RELEASED again while I was still serving my sentence.

You may be quick to judge, but the second your caught in the system... your attitude does a 180.

I've got lots more to say, but I'll follow the flow of this thread...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

reply to post by seabag

I strongly agree with you that prison should be isolation. I don’t think there should be TV, social interaction, gangs, rapes, etc. Prisoners should be locked in total isolation and be allowed out to eat and shower and maybe get some occasional exercise…nothing more.

Have you been in isolation? I have... 6 months. I'm not a violent person...hate confrontation but during that time you become a caged animal. Your only contact with the world in thru a little slot your food comes thru. All you want to do is a) hurt yourself b) hurt someone else that's it. That is not rehabilitation and makes criminals worse. I've seen many a man come out of isolation some having been in there for years and are permanently catatonic. My cellie hanged himself on the third day he was in isolation...made a noose from his bed sheet and tied it around the fire sprinkler head. I had to clean up his sh*t and pi*s.

Try isolation... go in your bathroom, close the door and sit there... no phone and no magazines. How long can you do it before you become bored. Now imagine you CANT LEAVE that room. Someone else has the key and decides when to feed you. Just sit there. You wont last an hour before you CHOSE to leave. You see isolation means NO MORE CHOICES.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Areyoupeopleinsane

Originally posted by seabag

reply to post by seabag

Have you been in isolation? I have... 6 months. I'm not a violent person...hate confrontation but during that time you become a caged animal. Your only contact with the world in thru a little slot your food comes thru. All you want to do is a) hurt yourself b) hurt someone else that's it. That is not rehabilitation and makes criminals worse. I've seen many a man come out of isolation some having been in there for years and are permanently catatonic. My cellie hanged himself on the third day he was in isolation...made a noose from his bed sheet and tied it around the fire sprinkler head. I had to clean up his sh*t and pi*s.

Try isolation... go in your bathroom, close the door and sit there... no phone and no magazines. How long can you do it before you become bored. Now imagine you CANT LEAVE that room. Someone else has the key and decides when to feed you. Just sit there. You wont last an hour before you CHOSE to leave. You see isolation means NO MORE CHOICES.

Your story that you were just an honest business man who got 6 years because one of your employees sold drugs sounds like it's missing a hell of a lot of details. There is surely a lot more to that story but, I'm not going to get into that with you because I don't know the facts, I only have what you shared in your post.

Regardless, prison is a place for punishment. No, I've never been to prison. Because I've never been there doesn't mean I don't have an opinion about how it should be. Just because someone is not a military veteran like me doesn't mean they're not entitled to have an opinion about the wars we're in.

As for prison, I hope it is a miserable time. I don't want prisoners to have choices. I hope it sucks. That's what makes it a deterrent to crime and a punishment for the convicted. I know I damn sure don't want to live there. 

top topics

<< 1   >>

join