It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Obama Done Enough To Be Re-Elected?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Within the past year a lot of things have happened that Obama has taken credit for. Are all these things being done and said to get him another term in office? The main things I am reffering to are: Osama Bin Laden raid and death, Gadhafi's death, bringing the troops home from Iraq before next year, the whole Egypt crisis. Does Obama take too much credit for these things? Are these things only happening because he's trying to be re-elected? The whole Osama raid was a little sketchy, many believed he was already dead years before. So was this just the perfect time for Obama to pull it out of his hat and claim credit and raise his approval rating?

He noted that bin Laden had “avoided capture” for many years and emphasized that “shortly after taking office, I directed Leon Panetta, the director of the CIA, to make the killing or capture of bin Laden the top priority of our war against al-Qaeda, even as we continued our broader efforts to disrupt, dismantle, and defeat his network.”

President Barack Obama on Friday announced that virtually all U.S. troops will come home from Iraq by the end of the year -- at which point he can declare an end to America's long and costly war in that Middle Eastern nation.

"Our military played a critical role in shaping a situation on the ground in which the Libyan people can build its own future," President Barack Obama said Friday, referring to the U.S. role in the NATO operation in Libya.

Is there anything the republicans can do to remove Obama from office? When the elections start and it's Obama vs Romney, Perry, Paul what are they going to be able to do or say to beat him? He will take credit for all the different things stated above and probably win and serve his second term. I Hope Ron Paul can win but I just don't see it happening.

I would love to hear everyone's opinions. There are other major events and news that has happened that Obama has said or taken credit for but I chose these for discussion.

Sources: 1,2, 3

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Authenticated

Has Obama done enough for THE PEOPLE to even be called president??
A president represents the people.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Authenticated

Does Obama take too much credit for these things? Are these things only happening because he's trying to be re-elected?

A snowball in hell would have a better chance of surviving than this man ever being re-elected.

He knows it, too!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
IMHO the TPTB will make sure Obama wins in 2012. I mean look at the Republican opposition, pretty pathetic really, almost like they WANT Obummer to win.

Besides, Obama has got a shiny record of getting rid of most of the world's "terrorists" and "dictators" than his predecessors ever did. The sheeple will buy that and Obama's lies about "restarting the economy" as he starts to "sympathise" with the OWS movement and literally hijacks it for his campaign soon enough.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Yeah like anyone with half a brain is going to re elect a tax and spender murder because that what it is not to mention not a damn thing for millions of Americans is any better than when he started four more of the same the god help us all.

My answer is NO! he hasn't.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I think you have two questions there, not one.

Has he done enough?

Hell no. Has he done anything? OK, he took credit for OBL. Anything else? Nope, that's it.

BUT.....

Can he be re-elected? CERTAINLY!!

He is revered and worshipped! My office has Obama posters in tons of offices. He is extremely popular in some circles, the Republicans don't have any clear plan to defeat him or fix the economy. They are under-estimating him far too much, and the voters are assuming it will be a landslide. Obama supporters will show up to vote in droves, but will his opponents? Doubtful. We'll be too busy working and living, and we don't trust any of our own mainstream candidates enough to really endorse them.

If Ron Paul gets the nomination, he can win. If another fringe candidate like Bachmann or Palin gets the nomination, they can win.

If the GOP puts up a Romney or a Perry, then the Republicans will have a luke-warm turnout, they will split their votes with other 3rd party candidates, and Obama will win decisively!

So, my answer is NO and YES. He hasn't done near enough, but he will likely be re-elected.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I think you have two questions there, not one.

Has he done enough?

Hell no. Has he done anything? OK, he took credit for OBL. Anything else? Nope, that's it.

BUT.....

Can he be re-elected? CERTAINLY!!

He is revered and worshipped! My office has Obama posters in tons of offices. He is extremely popular in some circles, the Republicans don't have any clear plan to defeat him or fix the economy. They are under-estimating him far too much, and the voters are assuming it will be a landslide. Obama supporters will show up to vote in droves, but will his opponents? Doubtful. We'll be too busy working and living, and we don't trust any of our own mainstream candidates enough to really endorse them.

If Ron Paul gets the nomination, he can win. If another fringe candidate like Bachmann or Palin gets the nomination, they can win.

If the GOP puts up a Romney or a Perry, then the Republicans will have a luke-warm turnout, they will split their votes with other 3rd party candidates, and Obama will win decisively!

So, my answer is NO and YES. He hasn't done near enough, but he will likely be re-elected.

Nail hit on the head!!!

Does Obama deserve it, is he a good leader? Not in my book.
Do millions of sheeple love him? OH YAH

Who wins next election? Obama

None of these GOP goof balls can beat him, even though
they are not great, they would be better then Obama.

Ron Paul would be a great change but the majority of Americans
look at him through MSM and he seems crazy to them.

Has he done enough? healthcare for all maybe but who is going to pay for it,
Obama should not get
any credit for OBL
the good old boys in the military got him
not Obama they hunted him for a decade!!

edit on 21-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

The better question is whether or not he has done anything to get reelected.

Name one thing the gent has done that would merit his reelection. Personally I don't think tossing drones about and hitting a few targets has any merits. The one great accomplishment of the Obama administration is that he has educated the US population to never again elect someone who is patently unqualified for the position he now holds.

Obama will be ranked at the bottom of US Presidents, below Hoover, at the very bottom of the list. His is a failed Presidency and there is no recovery. He knows it.

The gent makes Jimmy Carter look like Thomas Jefferson and that takes a bit of effort.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Obama's first 2 years had a full support of Congress. All Dems.

The legislation passed only had a positive impact on small selected special groups,

and had a negative impact on the majority of citizens,

not many exceptions, and those were small potatoes for the majority.
a majority that voted them into office.

the 111th Congress had the chance of a lifetime to pass positive legislation that would have impacted the majority of Americans in a big positive way.

try to find some big positive impacting legislation for the majority.

en.wikipedia.org...

even welfare increases are not for the majority.....but it's getting close

even the politifact promises meters reflect similar trends.

Look at the direct impact ... negative/positive ... on the Majority, not the special targets that make the administrators rich and do little for anybody else.

This ain't an anti-Dem rant .... the Repubs do the same.

They "insert" the special target spending into the main body of laws.
Always directed at a special interest at a big cost to the majority.

Benefit the majority and you benefit 99%.

Re-Elect?

Why not?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
If he launches serious efforts to create 100% balanced trade with China primarily, India and others, along with policies that would be a real deterrent to US corporations, manufactures and business from outsourcing, and policies that would make it possible for the USA to compete with China and others on the global markets, ultimately spurring economic growth and real jobs in the USA...

Then he would have done enough... But he hasn't wont and it's already too late for him.

But not too late for his successor.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
It would depend on several things.

If ACORN or what ever they are calling themselves these days can file enough false voter registration forms and then haul enough people around to cast votes for all of them.

If enough DEAD people vote Obama.

If the SEIU voting machine technicians can pre-cast enough votes on the voting machines.

If enough illegal aliens are allowed to vote.

If enough military absentee ballots can be disqualified or lost.

If enough of the New Black Panthers can discourage or threaten enough voters.

If all of this happens AGAIN then yes Obama can win a second term.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Would I vote for Obama for re-election? No. However I also wouldn't want to vote for Perry or any republican. Ron Paul isn't a republican in my book. He would get my vote but I find it hard to see him winning the republican nomination. I really think its pick your poison. Obama or something even worse. Ron Paul will get my vote no matter what, even if he doesn't win the rep nomination, maybe he'll go independent.

Either way though I think we're screwed. The POTUS has no real say or power, he's just a puppet.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Perry is not going to be anywhere near the top - Romney I think will sink to 3 or 4 despite his money .... Cain as Prez and Ron Paul for Vice would be my pick .... but you knowit is isn't even near time to choose ....so lets see what happens

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by supine

I wouldn't vote for that pc. of sh!T again for anything. All of them need a good boot up their a$$.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I cannot believe that you even posted this op, what president has ever been relected when the economy was in such a state of chaos. Waste of breath, Obama will not get relected, as he has done absolutely nothing for this economy, still waiting for them million or so shovel ready projects
seriously your speculation is laughable at best

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NorthStreet1

WTF? Cain is a lying, double talking..pr!ck. There is no way in hell that guy is going to be elected. He cannot even keep all of his lies straight..from one hour to the next..talk about a complete fool.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

You do realize that there are a lot of people who still do support him, especially lately. People believe he's been credited with the things I've mentioned plus others, like Al awlaki's death. Certain polls I remember seeing still had about 50% of americans blaming bush for the economy right now, not Obama. I agree that he shouldn't be re-elected but whats the alternative? who's the front runner? It's still Obama, unfortunately.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

The front runner will be who ever the Republican party finally chooses and will beat Obama. But nothing will change, that is just how the pendilum swings-from the left to the right.

Not unless obama can pull gold shoots out of his arse, and kick start this economy for even a quarter, but what i am forseeing in the near distant future, it would entail another stimulous package and i don't see that happening

Thus, whom ever the next rhetorical troll that the bankers pull out of their republican hat will be the next potus on the string.

However, do not forget that the U.S. could and may lose its credit rating, be ready for bankruptcy, and walla, the IMF, World bank sets charters for the U.S. then it's a whole new ballgame

top topics

join