It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican president: US dumping criminals at border

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexican President Felipe Calderon accused the United States on Thursday of dumping criminals at the border because it is cheaper than prosecuting them, and said the practice has fueled violence in Mexico's border areas.
U.S. officials earlier this week reported a record number of deportations in fiscal year 2011, and said the number of deportees with criminal convictions had nearly doubled since 2008. "There are many factors in the violence that is being experienced in some Mexican border cities, but one of those is that the American authorities have gotten into the habit of simply deporting 60 (thousand) or 70,000 migrants per year to cities like Ciudad Juarez or Tijuana," Calderon told an immigration conference.

Among these deportees "there are many who really are criminals, who have committed some crime and it is simply cheaper to leave them on the Mexican side of the border than to prosecute them, as they should do, to see whether they are guilty or not," Calderon said. "And obviously, they quickly link up with criminal networks on the border."
news.yahoo.com...

it seems that Mexico is really really ticked off that we keep giving back their criminals to them.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Among these deportees "there are many who really are criminals, who have committed some crime and it is simply cheaper to leave them on the Mexican side of the border than to prosecute them, as they should do, to see whether they are guilty or not," Calderon said. "And obviously, they quickly link up with criminal networks on the border."

lol is it irony that Calderon wants us to prosecute his criminals to see if they are guilty? since in his own words, once they are back on Mexican soil "they quickly link up with criminal networks on the border."

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Well what the hell are we going to do with them.

We can not jail them all. We can't keep them here
to commit for crimes. The best thing we can do
is send them back to Mexico.

Mexico already stated that America could not
help them out with the drug cartels and Mexico
government does not cooperate very well
when American citizens get caught in the cross
fire.

The illegal immigration issue is coming to a head
and SOMETHING has to be done.

It has turned into a *Fishing* expedition.
Catch and Release.
Catch and Release.

Can not keep doing this forever.
edit on 21-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

i couldnt agree more, with the state of the border with the cartels doing as they please, along with ATF's help something indeed has to be done. If Calderon wants us to stop sending his criminals back where they came from then perhaps he needs to start being concerned about border security as well. Until Mexico takes a serious look at their border policies, the wave of criminals coming across the border will not diminish.

I am not referring to the poor refugees that are fleeing a corrupt third world, they are doing nothing that i wouldnt do in their place. I am referring only to the criminal element.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Where's my tiny violin.

Calderon needs to have a coke and a smile and stfu.
Again this guy is talking crap.
If someone is a criminal from another country deport them.
I don't see a problem with it.

Calderon sends his jobless north. I guess he doesn't like the payback.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
President Felipe Calderon: They were your criminals to begin with. They were your criminals here in AmericaYou let them cross the border illegally, and they quickly became our problem. We are not dumping anything on you, we are only trying to be nice and return the favor. You should be proud the US is willing to help you out at such expense.
DH

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidsHope
President Felipe Calderon: They were your criminals to begin with. They were your criminals here in AmericaYou let them cross the border illegally, and they quickly became our problem. We are not dumping anything on you, we are only trying to be nice and return the favor. You should be proud the US is willing to help you out at such expense.
DH

Very nice. However, I would have been a little less wordy.

Here is my version:

Dear Felipe Calderon,

Here, you can have your trash back.

Sincerely, US
edit on 10/21/11 by Tharsis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
well, u.s.a. knows for fact about millions of illegal people working there. ¿why not do a massive deportation, like many of you would like? because without them, u.s.a. economy would fall, and they know it. Minor crimes deserve deportation, I´m ok with that, but some crimes deserve to be punished in situ, because deportation means freedom.
It is not extradition, is deportation. Why not keep and judge those ones in u.s.a., where the crime was done?? The ones who commite serious crimes? (big robbery, murder, murder attempt, etc.)
That´s the thing he is talking about i guess.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
ROFLMFAO When I read this. It just kills me to hear that Calderon has issues with us dumping illegals back into his Country. All this time he thought he was exporting the scumbags. If he is so concerned maybe they should stop helping people get to this side of the fence. His Government prints pamphlets teaching people how to avoid the pitfalls of getting here illegally.

I used to love going to Mexico but it has turned into a poo hole........

Oh and I can not blame a single hard working (non criminal) Mexican for trying to get to this side of the fence to do our dirty jobs for cheap..... Ever spent any time in Mexico? If you did not grow up with money you would climb the fence also.

I say shoot gang members on sight. Nice gang tats, BAM! We can toss the dead criminals back over to Mexico with a catapult.........

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

President Felipe Calderon: They were your criminals to begin with. They were your criminals here in AmericaYou let them cross the border illegally, and they quickly became our problem. We are not dumping anything on you, we are only trying to be nice ...
DH

That´s sort of the same thing the rest of the world thinks about u.s.a. soldiers everywhere, just change the word "criminals" for "soldiers", and Felipe Calderon for Bush, Obama, or any other president...

sorry, but you shouldn´t generalize this thread to the illegal ones. I understand that they are not legal (obviously) but they are not the subject, just as the soldiers are not either.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastercanto

President Felipe Calderon: They were your criminals to begin with. They were your criminals here in AmericaYou let them cross the border illegally, and they quickly became our problem. We are not dumping anything on you, we are only trying to be nice ...
DH

That´s sort of the same thing the rest of the world thinks about u.s.a. soldiers everywhere, just change the word "criminals" for "soldiers", and Felipe Calderon for Bush, Obama, or any other president...

sorry, but you shouldn´t generalize this thread to the illegal ones. I understand that they are not legal (obviously) but they are not the subject, just as the soldiers are not either.

so what is your point? by your own admission your entire post is off topic. are you disputing what the topic on this thread should be?

it is criminals being returned from whence they came and the govt of said criminals whining about it.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Did Calderon forget that half the border is under his control.
He shouldn't have let them cross over in the first place.
Whiners!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
the should dig a 20-30 ft trench and a two 20 ft walls fill them with gators or pirrana of course they should make 2 doors one on the mexican side and 30miles away one on the american side. If one is able to traverse the pit of doom they are then deemed worthy enof to enter. They could set up video and sell T-shirts because i know most of you are saying sick and bla bla.. But face it if they put that on tv it would be the #1 tv show in a week

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyMuerte
ROFLMFAO When I read this. It just kills me to hear that Calderon has issues with us dumping illegals back into his Country. All this time he thought he was exporting the scumbags. If he is so concerned maybe they should stop helping people get to this side of the fence. His Government prints pamphlets teaching people how to avoid the pitfalls of getting here illegally.

I used to love going to Mexico but it has turned into a poo hole........

Oh and I can not blame a single hard working (non criminal) Mexican for trying to get to this side of the fence to do our dirty jobs for cheap..... Ever spent any time in Mexico? If you did not grow up with money you would climb the fence also.

I say shoot gang members on sight. Nice gang tats, BAM! We can toss the dead criminals back over to Mexico with a catapult.........

Oh please! Mexico is not just the border cities that are really affected with problems, and that maybe it is the only thing you know of Mexico. The rest of the country even with its problems is beautiful, mostly peaceful and enjoyable. Do you really believe the tendencious tales about Mexico being in a civil war, with cartels all over the streets and governing everything, with everybody trying to steal you and kill you? That´s crap from people that believe bad, racist movies.
Printing pamphlets? C´mon! don´t believe that crap! Migration is big issue to solve for Mexico, but due to the hard economic times, it´s hard to solve it. There are not enough jobs, not enough money here, not for the amount of population. Do you really believe that people love and have as sport watching their loved ones leave to have bad jobs, bad treatment, risk their lives and lack communication with them, just to get some dollars to send and feed their families?
Do you think that people love leaving their wifes and children to risk their lives and be treated like dirt, just to send some money to them? Nobody does, neither the goverment, but it´s hard to avoid it. and tecnically, people have not commited any crime until they actually cross the border, and then, it´s late. You can´t arrest people for walking next to the border. How do you stop it?

And yes, if you want to shoot gangs in sight, make it every gang, I hear that gangs in u.s.a. have a really big crime rate, in every city and neighbourhood. And I don´t mean cartels, I mean gangs, I remember that there are not only latin gangs....

You should really visit Mexico, but this time for real. Ask the zillion of u.s. and european turist that come and leave very happy each year. Don´t believe the sensacionalist crap only.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer

DH

so what is your point? by your own admission your entire post is off topic. are you disputing what the topic on this thread should be?

it is criminals being returned from whence they came and the govt of said criminals whining about it.

Yes, criminals, do not mix the thread wit illegal inmigration. Not the same.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

Perhaps he should implement the same border policy on his norther border that he has on his southern border where armed troops are stationed and routinely take Central Americans and march them over the border. Were that to happen, they would not be able to cross in the first place.

If we had a reasonable immigration policy there would be several million Mexican nationals pushed over the border tomorrow, criminals and non-criminals alike. Any Mexican national in this country illegally is by definition a criminal and as such should be immediately deported.

It has long been the case where not only does the Mexican government look away from illegal border crossing, but actually aids Mexican's in illegally crossing the border.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
It's up to both Americans and Mexicans, from a common, human basis, to see each other eye-to-eye and stop seeing the problems between you, preferring only the solutions. Recalling that those in power do not recognize borders so much as resources, can you not adopt the same cosmopolitan or multicultural attitude and see each other for the human resource that you offer each other?

Harper and Obama sold us out in February, I believe, to the NWO Fortress NA plan, and Harper secured our part in the sell-out via simply winning a majourity election in our last federal election. The NAFTA super-highway is arguably responsible for a great many border concerns between the States and Mexico, apparantly displacing millions of Mexicans from homes and jobs. It shoots straight up the heartland to Winnipeg, and is collectively owned by multiple countries, a ten-lane super-highway that collects its tolls along the way. Let's learn what we can from these conspiracy or not-so-conspiracy facts, and get along ahead of our time; it's one leg up on many and on par with what those in power already agreed on, made happen, and understood many months ago.

On a more personal basis, one of my best friends up here was a Mexican who has since moved back home. I've met many great people from America, and have had the pleasure of meeting some really decent Mexicans. So let's not be racist, on par, or consider those who are bad apples incapable of change...let the racism die down, and start viewing people as individuals, as victims of circumstances, or as ignorants capable of a better future and you'll loose a lot of built-in grief that the divide and conquer methodologies would have you swallow.

If you're so worried about jobs, why not start a new company, and make it multi-national enough to survive whatever hardship is happening at home? Don't claim regional problems delimit your opportunities to a stand-still, because last I checked, earning a place in the world, or in your life, is still an open-ended proposition.

edit on 21-10-2011 by Northwarden because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer

DH

Yes, criminals, do not mix the thread wit illegal inmigration. Not the same.

i agree and i pointed that out. your redundancy is unneeded

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Illegals only become illegals when they do something Illegal, in this case, cross the border illegally. They can´t be arrested for standing next to the border. and no country would put troops or police facing it´s own people, and their back to the border.
The way of solving it is through the economical issue, making more jobs here, improving economy and elevating life standarts, which is not easy with everything depending on dollars in this part of the world.

They go there because the dollar is worth more than ten times a peso. If that wasn´t the case, believe me, they wouldn´t go. Nobody likes being treated like dirt, second class person. They feel yhey have to to feed their families. Not a pretty situation, nobody likes it, but it is real.

The way of solving it is not just prohibiting it. It´s way more complex than that.
And here I am, talking about what I just said it was not the issue of the thread.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mastercanto

I could care less why they come. When they are found they should be respecfully returned. Mexico is a failed state and the US needs to protect its borders. The US government has a constitutional obligation to secure its borders and has consistently failed to do so.

The reasons don't matter. The internal strife within Mexico is irrelevant. People should not be able to illegally cross the border into another soverign nation. What is happening on the southern border of the US is tantamount to an invasion and must be stopped.

The US is the only first world state that borders a third world state. The problems on our Southern Border are unique and require unique solutions. The solutions are easy to implement what is lacking is the political will to implement them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join