It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Suns Rising - the documentary

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I suppose when it comes down to it, which is better to listen to? A Nay sayer on a forum or multiple reports from scientific and mainstream papers around the world?
Here's a clear example of just how wrong you are - Extreme Weather Helps Drive Food Prices to New Highs

Now, for anyone reading this - ask yourself the question, because the entire argument hinges on it - have food prices risen exponentially this year or not? According to Stereologist and his merry band of drone yes-men, the world is carrrying on business-as usual.

As Food Prices Hover at Historic Highs, Extreme Weather and Asian Demand are Poised to Boost Prices Even Higher

Climate change to drive up food prices - Reuters

"No, the weather is normal" says Stereologist, the self-appointed expert on absolutely nothing.

You can cry 'hoax' to your heatr's consent but the facts speak for themselves. No, I don't disbelieve what I've written - I know it to be FACT. Keep on misdirecting. For every pointless refernce you post to events that happened centuries ago, I can show you many which have happened this year, along with their opposite.
And their effects.

But none of these Earth changes really matter much now, do they? My area, as with much of Europe, is currently being iradiated by an unknown source which no one seems particularly interested in locating. The economy is crashing around us, protests are erupting everywhere, unemployment has skyrocketed, people can't afford to buy food, war is in the offing on a global scale and smaller civil wars are going to break out due to the rise in nationalism. We haven't seen rain for a long, long time - we've had about 2 days of weak rain in the last 5 months. All the lakes here are almost empty, this following a year of disastrous floods last year.

Keep on posting your drivel. Reality is starting to bite.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Aestheteka

I find it amusing that you have to look back 50, 70 or 100 years to find comparable weather systems - but not all in the same year as we are experiencing now.

What is evident is that this year the weather is not the most extreme as you claimed.

What is evident is that weather can been so-called extreme across centuries. Weather issues are no more extreme this year than other years. Your claim is an obvious failure.

There has not been any single conclusive argument for the bee die offs yet they share the same characteristic as the other species which are experiencing die offs, and that is ELECTROMAGNETIC PERCEPTION.

What is CLEAR is that magnetism is not responsible. That has been rejected.

GPS is affected by changes in the magnetosphere - Magnetospheric disturbances, and the GPS operation

As your link points out, GPS is not based on the magnetosphere. Sorry epic misrepresentation on your part.

To point out that there can be interference in satellite systems is not the same as the methodology being based on that issue.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Please state exactly where i said that GPS was based on magnetism. i stated that GPS can be affected by the magnetosphere, which I have PROVEN on multiple occasions to be true. Would you liek help with your reading skills?
After having SHREDDED your baseless argument you're now returning with outright lies.
Another of your tactics, I presume? Shame you can't find one based on fact.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I will repeat, as you appear unable to read what I am writing, show me a single year where the Earth had such weather extremes within the space of one solar year prior to 2009.

You have not shown any comparison to other years. You have listed a few events for recent times.

I suggest you check out 1816, the year without a summer.
en.wikipedia.org...

The Year Without a Summer (also known as the Poverty Year, Year There Was No Summer, and Eighteen Hundred and Froze to Death[1]) was 1816, in which severe summer climate abnormalities caused average global temperatures to decrease by about 0.4–0.7 °C (0.7–1.3 °F),[2] resulting in major food shortages across the Northern Hemisphere.

Nearly a foot (30 cm) of snow was observed in Quebec City in early June

So please do a little actual research and show how the weather this year is extreme, because frankly it isn't.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

So now you point out that food prices have increased. That is because we are so dependent on the productivity of the available arable land. That does not state anywhere that this year is more extreme than other years. It points out the weather in areas of agricultural production.

What you are doing is being a demagogue.

Weather is no more extreme than in the past. Unlike a century ago there is a huge population that is becoming more and more dependent on the available arable land that has not increased. In fact it has decreased due to poor farming techniques.

What is apparent is that the weather this year is not the most extreme as you claimed and using an indirect reference to food prices is not going to support your failed claim.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Extreme weather not connected to food, eh?
Better get on the phone to Reuters and the various food monitoring agencies and tell them how wrong they are.
Tell them you've got a high post count on ATS. They'll sort things out right away.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Your claim has been that there is an issue with the most extreme weather ever.

You appear to be trying to move the goal posts. I have pointed out numerous more severe events.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I never said ever.
You invent words and then base your argument on an artificial point.
There is no logic in arguing with you. You have trolled and spammed and have the support of the mods in doing so.
I hope at some point to meet you on a more level playing field. Your tactics wouldn't last more than a few minutes in a real debate as it would be clear that you hadn't studied the opposition's (e.g. miy, in this case) evidence.
I will be thinking about you a lot.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Well, the mods have responded accordingly to my request - and instead they deleted my posts and those of Ahmose.
Caryy on, Stereologist. Looks like you can do what you want.
I quit ATS.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Don't play into his hands, Stereo. Every time you respond to his arrogant nonsense it bumps the thread, which is what he wants. His video is nothing but an ad for his website, where he sells books about his swashbuckling paranormal adventures. He even uses his corporate logo as his avatar.

Yep, that's the whole point of his video, which he admits is based upon the theories of a ten year old. Anyone who can't instantly debunk his video simply by looking out the window deserves to have his pocket picked.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I never said ever.

Let's see what you did write.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

hilst we are facing the most extreme weather conditions ever recorded

You may not have remembered your wording, but there it is. You did in fact say "ever." I provided the link to your post if you want to check and see for yourself.

You aren't stuck with that wording. Maybe you meant to say something else. You are free to adjust your position.

I have not trolled or spammed. What I have done is to challenge claims such as the one you yourself made which is clearly not true. I have provided evidence that shows that the claim you made is not true. I have even proposed the year 1816 as one with much more extreme weather. It snowed in every month of the year causing many deaths when crops failed.

I hope at some point to meet you on a more level playing field.

This is an open forum. You are free to post evidence to support your position. In almost every single instance you have chosen not to. Lately you have posted information not relevant to your position or misrepresent information.

you hadn't studied the opposition's (e.g. miy, in this case) evidence.

I only had to see 4 minutes of your video to understand that you were misrepresenting issues to the point that I would suggest could be construed as telling bald faced lies such as your claims about Nemesis and Betelgeuse and relevance of magnetism in relation to animal die offs.

I will be thinking about you a lot.

There in lies the problem. You need to address the issues and not make overt personal attacks.

One of the complaints I have with the videos is the images of the 2 suns. It turns out that the 2 suns setting behind the buildings is a photo showing Peoria, Illinois. It lies on the Illinois River which can be seen in the foreground of the photoshopped image. That image appeared on the internet as early as 2006 and was quickly identified as a hoax. It is even used by people to show what a hoax looks like.

You might consider not using a well known hoax image to support your idea.
edit on 13-11-2011 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

The images in your video will not convince anyone even if you took them yourself, which you probably didn't if I'm correct. The image at 0.31 is the one that is baffling, but 99.9% people will say it is morphed since it's a still picture.
Same for 0.25 and 0.35

The one at 0.49 seems like a flare, but the 3 I explained above are super, but again no way to prove they are not morphed. Again, I didn't read all 12 pages of this thread, so if anyone has touched upon it, I'm all ears

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by himalayanhermit

The one with the buildings is an old hoax showing Peoria, IL. Look over the thread and find where I discuss this.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

This may be a little late ,but I always believe what the people say when authoring a thread here. Because ____Who in their right mind would subject themselves to such ridicule if it weren`t the truth?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join