It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Stonecutters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Ok I am under the assumption most have seen the simpsons episode in which homer is the "chosen one" of the stone cutters. Someone has to have some insight into which of the societies the stonecutters is closest related to so lets hear it. Oh for those that havent seen the episode here is a link...

animatedtv.about.com...

The Stonecutters Song:
"Who controls the British crown?
Who keeps the metric system down?
We do! We do.
Who leaves Atlantis off the maps?
Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
We do! We do.
Who holds back the electric car?
Who makes Steve Guttenberg a star?
We do! We do.
Who robs cave fish of their sight?
Who rigs every Oscar night?
We do! We do."

[edit on 8/31/2004 by Flash__04]

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I would have to say the Illuminati(just my educated guess of course)

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I imagine they were supposed to be Freemasons?

Masons - Stonecutters...?

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I'm going with masons, Stone cutting and masonry same/same.

Spiderj

I'll be at Moe's if ya need me.

Just noticed me and Agent Smith posted the same thing at the same time. Does that mean the matrix has me or somethin!

[edit on 8/31/2004 by Spiderj]

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
the stone cutters are the freemasons.

in that episode, when homer is inside the temple, there is a poster of a square and compass on the wall

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:16 AM
link   
My guess was the masons as well, which brings me to the real question is their any mention of things only masons would pick up on. I know when I watch the Simpson�s now as an adult, if you would like to call it that (22 Y.O.) I see things that I never have seen before. Take for instance when homer and Ned get married when homers wife marries grandpa at the end she was drunk and doesn�t remember the night before so she pops ru452 or whatever the day after pill is called. As a kid I would not get this or as someone without the knowledge of the drug. So I am wondering if the same thing is true of the stonecutter episode. I know there are some masons out there or at least someone who knows enough about the masons to answer my questions. Enlightened me please even if you can only submit a portion of the episode as there is enough people that can hopefully recollect the whole thing.

There is still however the possibility also that it is an eclectic version to cover numerous groups of secret societies. So the door is open what secret society wants to take the first stab?

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Stonecutters - Stonemasons - freemasons.
The members rings are clear signs that is based on the freemasonry society,

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flash__04
Ok I am under the assumption most have seen the simpsons episode in which homer is the "chosen one" of the stone cutters. Someone has to have some insight into which of the societies the stonecutters is closest related to so lets hear it. Oh for those that havent seen the episode here is a link...

animatedtv.about.com...

The Stonecutters Song:
"Who controls the British crown?
Who keeps the metric system down?
We do! We do.
Who leaves Atlantis off the maps?
Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
We do! We do.
Who holds back the electric car?
Who makes Steve Guttenberg a star?
We do! We do.
Who robs cave fish of their sight?
Who rigs every Oscar night?
We do! We do."

The episode is certainlya spoof on Masonry, but the Stonecutters aren't Masons by the show's own admission. If you recall at the table before Homer goes to the meeting he discovers that his father is a Stonecutter. I can't quote it exactly, but Grandpa starts looking through his wallet for his dues card and laying out other membership cards, he says something to the effect..."Let's see here I'm a Mason...a Communist...a member of the Gay-Lesbian Alliance...oh yes..here we go...a Stonecutter"

So Masons are already represented as an aside in that hilarious episode.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I heard that the writers of the simpsons are freemasons. And that the stonecutter episode is just a parrelel to thier lives.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I love the Simpsons!!

Didn't South Park spoof the Masons also?????

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Definitely, without a doubt, it's a spoof of the Masons.

IN FACT . . . the current Master of the lodge which I will be joining mentioned the Stonecutters episode, and he even played the theme for us on his Laptop. We all had a good laugh, after which we had a discussion about what OTHER Simpsons episodes spoof the Masons.

ANOTHER FACT: There are TONS of Masonic references in the Simpsons, you just have to watch for them.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Stonecutters were certainly a parody of Masonry. I have a Stonecutters desktop on my PC; when a click on a link, the mouse pointer turns into the Square and Compass, lol.

I think I remember in the episode Homer asking Abe (Grandpa) if he's a Stonecutter; Grandpa then takes out his membership cards in various organizations, and begins reading them off. One of them was Masonic membership.

Therefore, we've got another famous Mason that needs to go on the list: Grandpa Simpson!

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by LTD602
ANOTHER FACT: There are TONS of Masonic references in the Simpsons, you just have to watch for them.

Let us in on some of these refrences we would not really grasp or even some of the ones we would. This has really sparked my interest.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I'll have to ask the lodge master, but there was one in which Mr. Burn was examining himself in the mirror or something and there was "Freemasons rule the world" in the background . . . the master mentioned it in passing, but I'll ask for more goodies the next time I see him !!

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
To elaborate on LTD's mention of masonic references there is another one where I believe it was Homer or Barney(?) having some sort of halucination which said in a high pitched voice "Free Masons Run The Country" I'm sorry I can't recall specifically but it was damn funny.

As for the rumor of the the stonecutter episode being based on the fact that the people who work on the simpsons are masons, sorry that's false.

Spiderj

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
[edit on 10/2/2004 by esther]

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by esther
Sorry for the late reply, but OMG I am laughing so hard... Grandpa's name is Abe....

Oh the irony is killing me.

esther.

I don't understand the joke? Please explain it to me - I'm feeling a little dense at the mo!

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
[edit on 10/2/2004 by esther]

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Here Is the script And It tells you alot more about the episode you will probably find some funny stuff there

top topics

join