It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to announce full withdraw from Iraq

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Obama to announce full withdraw from Iraq

content.usatoday.com

President Obama today will confirm plans to have all U.S. troops out of Iraq by Jan. 1, formally ending the war that began more than eight-and-a-half years ago and has taken more than 4,400 American lives.

"As promised, the rest of our troops will be coming home from Iraq by the end of this year," Obama said. "After nearly 9 years, America's war in Iraq will be over."

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
abcnews.go.com
edit on 2011/10/21 by sbctinfantry because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

This was his promise, to withdraw by 2009, and here we are at the end of 2011 hearing we are about to withraw again.

How many times are we going to hear this? I personally think that he is finally making good on his promise, so that he can attack Iran head on and not suffer from counterattacks on our troops in Iraq / Afghanistan or a pincer maneuver between Israel and China.

content.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

So we are not being told we achieved victory or defeat, just that we are withdrawing. What does that even mean? Should we hang our heads in shame, or rejoice at the democracy we've brought Iraq? Should we be glad they have and never had WMD's? Should we look forward in earnest at the continual rebuilding of a country after we defeated... or achieved victory over... or beat... what the hell did we accomplish again?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Finally! its about time! So now our troops can come home and start practicing riot control and marshal law
edit on 21-10-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
wonder why...
he found a reason to say, now he's about to pull out? abrupt change of plans?
hmmmm... everything that this administration says worries me..

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
To me he would be pulling out troops to send them to america to fight against the rise in OWS. Once it turns violent then they will have the troops or what probably will be police to fight against the people.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Well... considering the promise to bring our troops home was subsequently followed by escalations across the region (Afghanistan,Yemen, Pakistan, Somalia, Libya,) and of course, the Afghanistan "surge"... I would be inclined to think this represents a political maneuver.

I say, why not bring them ALL home? Now that a huge mercenary force headquartered in Dubai exists (Xe) let the corporate machinery employ them - at their own expense - to pursue their goals of commercial empire. The taxpayers are tired of having their kids perpetually indebted to the Fed to keep the Energy Cartel, the Military Industrial Complex, and the supra-national Banking Cartel knee-deep in luxury and power.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
wonder why...
he found a reason to say, now he's about to pull out? abrupt change of plans?
hmmmm... everything that this administration says worries me..

Well, let's look at the whole picture. What has changed in Iraq since he took office? Nothing.

What has changed in Iran? A lot.

What has changed in Pakistan? About to lose an ally publicly, but behind the scenes we already have.

China and Russia posturing? Yep.

We are leaving Iraq to prepare for another war, possibly returning to Iraq to defend our new 'ally' against 'aggression' from other countries.

Simply put, we are only leaving temporarily, maybe we'll be back right before the election, or shortly after!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
What BS, he is just lying again so he can get re-elected.
Dont believe anything this fake says!

I can not believe that you people are actually believing him, just taking his word for it... Do you forget so easily

edit on 21-10-2011 by R3KR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
as promised...?

[SNIPPING] dirty liar!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
as promised...?

[SNIPPING] dirty liar!

Get our troops home, you can take that to the bank. Translates today to,

I'm bringing the troops home and taking them to protect the bank!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

Hasn't Obama been saying he was going to withdraw the troops from Iraq at the end of the year for the last 3 years? I could swear that was one of his goals his first year in office which failed.

"Yes We Can" seems more like "No We Can't".

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR
What BS, he is just lying again so he can get re-elected.
Dont believe anything this fake says!

I can not believe that you people are actually believing him, just taking his word for it... Do you forget so easily

edit on 21-10-2011 by R3KR because: (no reason given)

The elections are held after his promised date. If he's doing it for votes, then he's going to make good on his promise. I don't care why he's doing it. Personally, I think he's trying to get the liberals back from Dr. Paul and it will probably work as long as he follows suit and withdraws the rest of our dudes from overseas.

It will get me to at least consider him again but I'm still leaning towards Dr. Paul.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

... I would be inclined to think this represents a political maneuver.

hmm ... troops out by Jan.1 ... campaign trail in full swing ... election's in November.

might be two years late in doing so ... but I'm s u r e he wouldn't attempt to play the 'i brought the troops home' to rally round his bandwagoners whilst on the campaign trail.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

it seems like 'troops' are little more than dynamic IPs anymore ... tossed back into the 'pool' .... only to be reallocated elsewhere on a moments notice.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I believe there were around 150k troops in Iraq when Obama took office.

He withdrew all but 50k in 2009...and now he is bringing the rest home.

I honestly don't see the issue with this strategy, except that Obama haters have to hate on something.

Nothing he does will ever be good enough for some of you...just admit it.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

He thinks it will get him re-elected...

Methinks too little too late, plus Obamacare= Epic Fail!!! Sure make us purchase crap insurance from the same crapas companies that sunk this # nation. Hmm what was AIG again oh right INSURANCE FRAUDSTERS!!! I think all insurance is FRAUD!!!!
edit on 21-10-2011 by ldyserenity because: fix and add

edit on 21-10-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

It will get me to at least consider him again but I'm still leaning towards Dr. Paul.

you can't be serious?

you're actually contemplating to vote for Obama... again!?

obama hasn't done a whole lot of good imo, he's been pushing the same agenda bush and clinton were pushing.

just get RP elected, if he says he's going to do something.. he's going to do it.

obama is just another devil in disguise.

i seriously have a hard time grasping the fact that you would even consider voting for this guy again.
edit on 21-10-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I have friends (and family) in Afghanistan (and "elsewhere"), so no... it's not good enough for me. Should I apologize for thinking so? Does that negate my opinion? Or is your point that anything he does is good enough?

You really shouldn't discuss "some people" ... you should discuss the OP.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
This is ridiculous.

It wasnt long ago (a year or two) he did a mock "withdrawal" that still left something like 30,000 troops there and his supporters were trying to spin that as a "withdrawal." Must be all those heavily armed non-combat personnel.

So I guess now he's pulling out the remaining troops that arent really there since he already pulled them out?

I can see that 30,000 now all standing around saying "I'm not even supposed to be here today!"

So what is to come of the permanent bases?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

I'm contemplating on hearing all of the DNC candidates when they debate. Having made your decision two years before the election is half of America's problem.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
wait, so people are not happy that the troops are being pulled out? ats you are a bunch of whiners

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join