International Reaction to Gaddafi's Death

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I want to make a few points clear, and I will start with Russia.

Russia voted for the "No Fly Zone" UN resolution. I don't think they were stupid enough to actually believe that NATO would not bomb Libya. In fact, I think that's what they were banking on.

After the NFZ implementation and days of NATO bombing, Putin said this:

Putin is talking about more than just the legality of targetting Ghaddafi without trial, but the morality of it.

Over the years, Hillary Clinton has made some rather alarming statements relating to American foreign policy. One was about "obliterating Iran". Here's another:

As it turns out, a lot of people were not amused by her neo-Roman cheer of Ghaddafi's death. In fact, here's Russia's response:

Gaddafi death: Envoy slams 'sadistic' triumphalism

“The faces of the leaders of ‘world democracies’ are so happy, as if they remembered how they hanged stray cats in basements in their childhoods,” Russian envoy to NATO and the leader of the Congress of Russian Communities, Dmitry Rogozin, wrote in his twitter status on Friday.

Rogozin is also the leader of the Congress of Russian Communities – the organization of ethnic Russians living abroad aimed at protecting their interests and strengthening the ties with the Motherland.

On Thursday evening Rogozin told Russian radio Echo of Moscow that NATO was directly involved in the operation to kill the former Libyan leader. “Apparently there were orders that oriented the military servicemen who are in Libya and that directed them to ensure the physical elimination of Gaddafi,” Rogozin said.

The official added that Russia must make a conclusion from the existing situation. “We must bear in mind who we are dealing with in the face of Western democracies,” Rogozin said.

The Russians, with vast global media uplinks, are now jumping on the anti-Western global mindset. Hillary Clinton's unprofessional and probably psychotic comments enable this to happen. I've had the notion all along that the Russians supported the coalition/NATO campaign in Libya just so they could exploit this moment.

While the Americans outright no longer regard international law, Russia is there to point it out to the world.

Anybody else have info on other countrys' responses? China is important.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Personaly I can`t wait for China to release an offical statement, but sadly I doubt it will be much more than Putins. No one vetoed the resoultion and just like you OP im sure everyone involved knew what the outcome would be, and as such all parties im sure will do little more than they have already been doing; criticizing the whole ``war`` but forgetting that they too helped it happen.

Random after thought; anyone else feel a hint of anger deep down upon hearing Ms. Clintons words and giggle? Makes me disgusted.
edit on 21-10-2011 by pilgore because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by pilgore
Random after thought; anyone else feel a hint of anger deep down upon hearing Ms. Clintons words and giggle? Makes me disgusted.

Indeed. Her choice of words are Roman in nature (veni vidi vici/we came, we saw, we conquered - Julias Caesar). Complete hubris on her part.

"Pride comes before a fall"

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Well, the president of Brazil, Dilma, had this to say while on a trip on Angola. (free translation)

...Now, that does not mean that we should celebrate the death of any leader, whoever he may be.

As a brazilian, i think that this was a correct statement. We should never celebrate someone's violent death.
edit on 21/10/11 by Canslli because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
In Britain an official certainly thought a trial would have been preferable, however he did think that what happened was not necessarily unexpected. He did make the point, which I expect is the one Cameron's wants, which is 'whoosh, we must all move on.' In the UK Cameron has had as much scandal within his own cabinet that he can cope with, without any revelations about the UK and Libya's relationship.

I also wonder what the Chinese and also the EU country's reaction is likely to be.

Hilary Clinton has shown probably why Bill played away and if the OP is right we must admire how well the Russians predicted her behaviour - stupid, shameful woman.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The only thing I can think about after reading the OP is:

You put the words Putin and morality in the same sentence.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

Putin is a strong leader and very experienced in international relations. He doesn't have to cheat his people or operate outside of his nation's interest like American leaders.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Check out this RT interview with a real journalist talking.

Key points from it:

- Russian foreign ministry thinks that NATO forces should continue to protect the Libyan people as per their UN "humanitarian mission" mandate (NATO forces are currently planning on how to wrap up the operation).

- Journalist brings up the point that Gaddafi was hugging Blair when he ended his WMD programs; therefore the message is clear to all potential target nations: get your hands on WMD or be trampled from Western economic interests.

- Corporate armies will move into Libya to secure the oil. Current NTC leaders are expected to 'step down' and work in high-up positions in these companies.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
It's nothing but a global crime spree, like a gang of home invasion burglers who also murder, slaughter, rape the residents as well, and there is NO one to stop them is there.

Makes me feel so enraged, and I wish I could say what I really think, but I'd get an unwanted knock at my door for that, I'm sure.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Reply to post by makeitso

Laugh it, keep laughing because the situation is so funny.
Good point about Russia knowing full well what was to become of this. I for one am glad some leaders are questioning the latest trend of Whose Assassination Is It game.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
China doesn't seem to care much, they're in it for the money.

www.chinadaily.com.cn...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
China will --never-- step up to the plate and do the right thing by anyone else. They kill their baby girls, skin poor animals, send poison pet food to the US, send toys here painted with cadnium, send cribs here which behead

They are psychopaths for the most part , it --seems-- to me, (I hope I'm totally wrong) (Or maybe the average people can do nothing there because greedy monsters are in charge just like here, maybe thats it) But their leadership are soulless biological profits robots, and thats all.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Even the Italians felt ashamed after beating and stringing up Mussolini and the Mrs. and took them down from display. Where are the supposed Humans in Humanity?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I had come across this video of Anonymous weighing in on the Libya situation, from back in early September.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
problem-reaction-solution.

now everyone's crying for international law, international geneva convention, blah, blah, blah...new world order, one world government to stop the american empire.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench
China will --never-- step up to the plate and do the right thing by anyone else. They kill their baby girls, skin poor animals, send poison pet food to the US, send toys here painted with cadnium, send cribs here which behead

They are psychopaths for the most part , it --seems-- to me, (I hope I'm totally wrong) (Or maybe the average people can do nothing there because greedy monsters are in charge just like here, maybe thats it) But their leadership are soulless biological profits robots, and thats all.

They don't do those things on purpose and thinking so is dangerously xenophobic.

You know why Chinese factories produce lead-coated toys? Because that's the reality of corporate capitalism. Corporations have legally binding obligations to put profit above everything else, including human health or rights. Don't blame the people, blame the psychopathic system. Seriously, corporations have been defined in both the US and Canada as "citizens" (mostly due to corporate lobbying of the courts), and they enjoy persons rights, so they should also be labelled with the psychological diseases that they have.

But I digress; the Chinese stance on Libya appears to be consistant with their foreign policy. I don't see China as so aggressive in supporting specific political agendas outside of their east-Asian region as say, the US or Russia. The Chinese appear to be complacent with doing business with whoever is in charge at the time, and to do so requires some level of international political neutrality.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Hillary Clinton and Condolezza Rice are worse than animals. They're the women that pushed for NATO intervention in Libya.

Home is the only place for women and their job is to produce more children, not in politics of lies and bloodshed.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion

Hillary Clinton and Condolezza Rice are worse than animals. They're the women that pushed for NATO intervention in Libya.

Home is the only place for women and their job is to produce more children, not in politics of lies and bloodshed.

I disagree. I think women are equal to men, sometimes moreso.

I will definitely say that Rice and Clinton are two people who should have been soccer moms and not politicians though. There would be less bloodshed without their lies.
edit on 22-10-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
"I disagree. I think women are equal to men, sometimes moreso."

Wait what? The women at work probably agree with you also, about equality, you know the one's that fill out the same application as their male counterparts and check the box that says "Can you lift 50lbs or more comfortably?" but always make the men do it?

I don't know about you, but I deserve more pay for doing two people's jobs. Err, I'm ranting, I'll just shut up.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Because that's the reality of corporate capitalism. Corporations have legally binding obligations to put profit above everything else, including human health or rights.

Yeah I must concede you are right here, because I was just thinking about my experience of going into my local grocer last night and an ingredient I saw on their bread. I came home and got on my computer, and then I posted about that in someone's thread here, called, The Chore of Food
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And this is what I posted there. It's really important for everyone to know.

I was in my local grocer this evening examining the small print list of 100 chemical ingredients in the factory bread, and I came across this startling word, 'Azodicarbonimide' and it's in all the factory bread ingredients. So soon as I got home I jumped on my computer, and found much more than even that, to worry about. It looks like the food PTB are not only trying to make a profit at the expense of human life and health, but it's as if they are deliberately trying to kill us.
I was discussing this with my Mom, and she asked, "Then what do They...eat?"
That is a good question, I don't know. I said to her maybe they aren't human.

blog.foodfacts.com...

Why it’s scary: This chemical is used most frequently in the production of industrial foam plastic, and although the FDA has approved its use for food in the States, the United Kingdom has labeled it a potential cause of asthma. In a review of 47 studies on azodicarbonamide, the World Health Organization concluded that it probably does trigger asthmatic symptoms. The WHO concluded, “exposure levels should be reduced as much as possible.” I’ll put it more concisely: Avoid it.

And on this page, they show an Oct 17 ---food recall alert--- for bagged lettuce which I never heard about on the MSM (Unless I missed it, I do not pay much attention to the NWO propagandist MSM.)
The culprit once again, is that deadly Lysteria, found in the killer cantelopes.

blog.foodfacts.com...

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join