It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well, im back

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
im back people. turns out that the air force wasnt for me. with my history of depression and angziety(sp) they dont want me. that and it hit me really hard there.

i was in the 331st TRS for 0 week to my second day of WOT1, i was then moved to the 319th, which is a medical/ discharge squadron. im not that bummed that im home. now i can go to college next fall and graduate with my friends. only thing that sucks is that i didnt get paid. i was gone for 20 days, you have to be in for at least 30 days to get paid.

o well. im just glad to be back.

plus my parents said that i could have a beer some time this week, itll be my first one too.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Dude...that sucks the big one. They had you there for 20 days...then decided that they didnt want you and kicked you out?? That sucks the big one. Its much better to go into the miliary after college to go in as a lieutenant...in most cases.

[Edited on 30-8-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Welcome back. It's disappointing, I know. Tried to get in in '91. Medical. On the other hand, "Um, beer."

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Aww, that's harsh, KI. You have a good take on it, sounds like. Are you going to take the time off or work somewhere until school starts?

Best of luck & enjoy the brew.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Man that sucks, they keep you for 20 days then drop you, sorry to hear it.

But hey enjoy the beer .

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Hey man...don't let it get you down...this happens to lots of people

My cousin stands about 6'6" and weighs 300 pounds - he's in incredbile shape - he went to Paris Island to try and join the Marines....he came back one week later b/c he had asmtha...he was so upset, but he's gotten over it and now he has a great job and family....

[Edited on 8/30/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
welcome back. I am sorry things didn't work out for you.. but I am sure it is for the best.
At any rate we are glad to have you back here safe and sound

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
Man that sucks, they keep you for 20 days then drop you, sorry to hear it.

But hey enjoy the beer .

i was in training for 6 days then i was just waiting to be discharged for the rest of the time, i saw a shrink while i was there and they said "you need to go home"

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
It took them 2 weeks to discharge you? Thats nuts, why make you wait all that time?

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
What were the reasons behind the depression and how long ago was it?

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   

It took them 2 weeks to discharge you? Thats nuts, why make you wait all that time?

basically im breaking a contract, and they have to do all the paper work. it has to go through all these places, like legal and the group commander has to sign it too. i dont care anymore im home

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
hey hun

Yeah it sucks big time...but think of it this way...your home..nice and safe.

Sometimes the military can be very fickle...

Just get through college...have a great time and take it from there...i know it hurts...but your better off as a civi.

*hugs*

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gryffen
hey hun

Yeah it sucks big time...but think of it this way...your home..nice and safe.

Sometimes the military can be very fickle...

Just get through college...have a great time and take it from there...i know it hurts...but your better off as a civi.

*hugs*

*hugs gryffen back.*

i believe stuff happens for a reason. im not supposed to be in the military is what i got outta my expierence. but thats just me. im sure college willl be fun. but i still havent got that beer yet. o well. i hope it gets here soon.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I was in Navy boot camp for 6 weeks ( active training ) .... hurt my back and spent 3 days in bed and seeing a doctor, they decided to discharge me and it took another month to discharge me.... spent my days sitting around doing nothing...

But I did get paid

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
i didnt get paid anything. only the people they hold for more than 30 days get paid at least once. o well. i woulda gave em any pay i got to leave earlier.

new topics

top topics

join