It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giuliani Hits a Grand Slam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Rudy Giuliani gave one of the most rousing political speeches I've heard in a long time. A veteran of the WTC atrocity. A near casualty of the collapse. A strong Republican leader with strong moderate leanings who appeals to a broad base of voters. Swing voters cannot help but be influenced by his comprehensive assessment of the world imperative that faces America today. Giuliani hits a grand slam.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Some of my parents friends were talking about the elections and said they would rather see him running for President over Kerry and Bush.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkHelmet
Some of my parents friends were talking about the elections and said they would rather see him running for President over Kerry and Bush.

Damn right!
How about a McCain / Giuliani ticket ... I'd vote for that!

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I'm only 15, so I'm not deeply involved in polotics right now, but I'm sure I'd like him better than Bush or Kerry also.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bios

Originally posted by DarkHelmet

Damn right!
How about a McCain / Giuliani ticket ... I'd vote for that!

2008!!! That will be a very tough tag team for liberals to beat.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
It was a great speech

Bush needs to drop Cheney and replace him with Guilianni. He'd win for sure.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
What do you think about what the Secret service agent said to him when Bush was being hugged by that big strong construction worker about [paraphrasing] "If anything happens to him [Bush] you will pay for it"? Makes the SS sound like the Mafia or something.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Gotta echo others sentiments - Guiliani/McCain in 2008.

Both men delivered excellent speeches. McCain tortured poor MM, who I think was relieved that at least someone noticed him. And Guiliani - what a powerful orator.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
A strong Republican leader with strong moderate leanings...

Which is it? As these are apparently mutually exclusive qualities outside anything but speaking engagements.

When does that "dirty traitor moderate" McCain speak? Was it tonight?
www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnkerry.com...

Anyone that thinks the neocons will EVER let a moderate Republican be President is deluded.

Not McCain. Not Gulliani. Not Ahnold. None of the poster boys, friends. Sorry to break it to you.

You can join the LP now or later conservatives. Makes no difference to me. My party isn't schitzo.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
While I don't agree with many statements made by Guiliani, I believe he did a good job in conveying what he believed to be true. Unfortunately we aren't voting for Guiliani or McCain, we are voting for the incumbent George Bush Jr. and he has very few merits to stand on. Sure he rallied the country together to fight a common foe, but who wouldn't? Even a bleeding heart liberal would have if the need had arisen. But what has he done that he promised to do when he campaigned; has he helped us to grow and unite us as a nation and improve the economy? No, he hasn't. Instead we are fighting a war, that "We cannot win", where many of our fellow Americans are laying their lives down for us, in the belief that they are fighting a necessary war. It is a sad state of affairs, when a bad president has to rely on a bad mayor. Yes I said it, Guiliani was a bad mayor, and believe this to be true, before 911, he was one of the least popular and least effective mayor in New York's history. The only reason he became so popular was because he became involved in that tragic event. What are we looking at here in this campaign? Hype or the truth? I like to look at the truth and the facts, and I don't care which party it is from.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Yes, he did do a great job. Unfortunately, he's not the one running for office. We need Republican leaders like him, not Bush. If Powell were running I would vote for him in an instant.

But, we are stuck with a mental midget who doesn't deserve to shine the boots of a true leader like Rudy. I truly feel sorry for people like McCain who have to suck it up and support someone he truly hates deep down. McCain is doing what he feels is necessary for party cohesion, other than that he would rather see him out of office like a good chunk of others.

In many ways its similar to what Democrats felt about Gore in 2000. They weren't wildly supportive but the choice of Bush scared them a lot more. American politics are getting so pathetic its hard to stay involved. However, I will not allow this sentiment to keep me from voting or being involved. The only thing I dislike more than Bush's presidency is apathetic voters who shun the privilege so many have died to ensure they have. Ultimately they are the true enemies of democracy.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I dig McCain, but one day he's speaking out against Bush, the next day he's his friend. Sometimes I wish he had a little more backbone. And Guiliani? His performance in NYC aside (I lived there when he was mayor) I think he should of waited until he was actually divorced before he left his family to move in with his mistress. Or moved her into Gracie Mansion. These are good guys, who have made mistakes, like we all have. I just don't think that thier party wants them. Except as token moderates.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 03:03 AM
link   
This is horrible.

All Kerry bashing by name.

The Dems won on keeping positive in their convention already.

I read a while ago the RNC planned on ridiculing Kerry throughout the convention, but this is over the top.

Negative, attack, boo'ing.

Horrible.

Gouliani was the perfect guy to come on after that 9/11 tear jerker. Morbid SOB.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 04:30 AM
link   
You have to watch out for Republicans, they play with knives and claws and fecal matterial. Low slimey blows for the moral high ground.

Karl Rove would be so proud.

Keep those smears comming Rove. (Ive heard rumors about Rovey deposit play)
GW Bush doesn't call him his 'turd blossom' for nothing.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 04:42 AM
link   
From my view point in the UK I have to say -

Sorry, I have to say I find this spectacle where 9/11 is mentioned practically every 10seconds (along with Iraq in a continual attempt to link the two events when there is no such proven linkage of any consequence whatsoever) pretty disgusting, ultra transparent and the 'usage' of those who lost their lives in the 9/11 tragedy for such obvious party politics a gross and revolting insult.

It's pretty sick that it seems to pass for normal over with you guys IMO.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
It's pretty sick that it seems to pass for normal over with you guys IMO.

Though it is the status quo we get fed by right wing extremists and their moderate mouthpieces, I assure this thinking isn't normal.

Don't believe this RNC sham represents America. Only half of it.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
From my view point in the UK I have to say -

Sorry, I have to say I find this spectacle where 9/11 is mentioned practically every 10seconds (along with Iraq in a continual attempt to link the two events when there is no such proven linkage of any consequence whatsoever) pretty disgusting, ultra transparent and the 'usage' of those who lost their lives in the 9/11 tragedy for such obvious party politics a gross and revolting insult.

I feel exactly the same way. After watching the first hour of the RNC, I thought I was watching a September 11th tribute show and not a political convention.

Just goes to show you that the republicans could not figure out a way to promote their incumbent. There is absolutely nothing positive that can be said about the Bush administration, so the campaign of distraction using a tragedy continues. It won't get them back into the White House this time. At least not without overt fraud taking place. I for one am glad it turned out like this because it shows everybody just how bad it would be to vote republican.

top topics

join