It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Satan read our minds??How about demons and other kinds of spirits?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

Where is the proof that 30 million years ago there was a big bang that created everything out of nothing? Any book written by man doesn't count...I can write a book about anything....

....can you see now how foolish that reasoning sounds?
It's not proven or considered true, that's why it's called the big bang "theory" lol. And wtf, why would you bring the big bang up anyways? And IMO, the big bang isn't any more likelier than a god but that doesn't make it true because cmon, we haven't seen a god or any type of god/deity come down and let us know of its presence but no, it rather make himself known to the believers, inside their minds. How can we take someone's word to be true if it's all in their head? People always say they see ghosts, does that make them true? If only they had a book.....

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
For everyone above that has said satan can do this and satan can do that...Where is the proof there is a "satan" and what he can and cannot do...

Any book written by man would not count...I can write a book about anything, it does not make it true...

The bible was written by men but Authored by the Lord. When the Holy Spirit takes you over, you have no choice but to obey. This is what it means to surrender yourself to the Lord (Yawheh/Jesus Christ). What you then write comes from God himself. This is why we have real prophets (real ones not the sleazy sex cult false prophets) for, but there are false prophets that belong to Satan that will have people believing they come from the Lord and they will lead these souls into damnation.

Matthew 7: 21-23 21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22 Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many [d]miracles?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’

edit on 21-10-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

and you are an expert on what is factual and what isn't ? The bible is based on some facts, and yes there are people who can read minds at times.. Your view of what is reality is very narrow minded.. my sympathies to you for being a slave to a locked up mind.. that won't even consider possibilities.

well im no expert but i know factual genreally requires some facts.
the bible has no facts..
if there are people who can read minds id like to see your evidence..no one has ever proved psychic ability or anything of the like in a controlled test.
my views are not narrow minded they are based on logic and what is reality..
people who believe in this nonsense are the only ones with a 'locked up mind'. you only believe it because others have told you its right, fact is there is no evidence or logic..
i consider all possiblities, but my eventual decisions are made on evidence not specualtion

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Where is the proof that 30 million years ago there was a big bang that created everything out of nothing? Any book written by man doesn't count...I can write a book about anything....

For the most part, it's brilliant reasoning. The thing though, is the books can inform others of proof for things. Most scientific literature does this, they get enough scientists to see a proof, then they right about it.

So the fact that it's written down doesn't make it true, but when it's backed by accepted evidence, it does. Then you've got "Where's the proof". Given that, it's perfect reasoning.

P.S. Study your Big Bang theory, you don't have it right.

Originally posted by Tarno
It's not proven or considered true, that's why it's called the big bang "theory" lol

Guess again. Do some studying about it, and also look up what Theory means in science. Completely different from commonspeak use of the word.
edit on 21-10-2011 by xxsomexpersonxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

It's not proven or considered true, that's why it's called the big bang "theory" lol. And wtf, why would you bring the big bang up anyways? And IMO, the big bang isn't any more likelier than a god but that doesn't make it true because cmon, we haven't seen a god or any type of god/deity come down and let us know of its presence but no, it rather make himself known to the believers, inside their minds. How can we take someone's word to be true if it's all in their head? People always say they see ghosts, does that make them true? If only they had a book.....

I bring up the BBT to draw a correlation between the truth of it and the truth of God. As far as I know there have been no witnesses to the BBT either. We just go by the writings of man. The BBT was 100% in people's heads since there are no alleged witnesses, correct?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by xxsomexpersonxx

I corrected the BBT typo in edit. B as in Billions.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ShortMemory

my views are not narrow minded they are based on logic and what is reality.. people who believe in this nonsense are the only ones with a 'locked up mind'. you only believe it because others have told you its right, fact is there is no evidence or logic..

and you assume too much about why I believe things....and if your reality can't see that there are definitely evil energies that do exist..then you have no logic.

edit on 21-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Where is the proof that 30 billion years ago there was a big bang that created everything out of nothing? Any book written by man doesn't count...I can write a book about anything....

edit on 21-10-2011 by micmerci because: (no reason given)

There is no proof of that either...I didn't say it was true or mention it...I do not know how the earth was made anymore then you do or anyone else on here...You can believe what you will but that does not make it truth...

Since none of us were here 30 billion years ago and none of us were here when god supposedly made the earth and everything on it... then no one can know the truth and you base all of your knowledge from what men have written in books and I think that we can safely say because we all know this to be true men lie especially if its to further their own interests as in to control you...

What if you found out that the bible was written by "satan" would you still worship "god"

What about the fact that their are other "bibles" and "gods" that were written about long before the christian bible...Why do you not believe in those over Christianity?

Religion was put in place to control people...and it does a pretty good job and has been for quite a while now

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

So then it is safe to say that we can not have true knowledge nor can we know what is truth?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I corrected the BBT typo in edit. B as in Billions.

Ah, I see.

I was also referring to the coming from nothing part as well.

Many point to the big bang as the origin of everything, but the big bang does not address the issue of origin. It is the process of expansion and is still visibly in progress.

Though there is science behind matter coming from nothing, that's not the big bang theory.

It's should have kept it's original name (Something along the line of Universal Expansion Theory), but the misnomer of "Big Bang" got more attention until that become it's standard. If they would have kept the proper name, there'd be less misunderstandings.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShortMemory
reply to post by gabby2011

and you are an expert on what is factual and what isn't ? The bible is based on some facts, and yes there are people who can read minds at times.. Your view of what is reality is very narrow minded.. my sympathies to you for being a slave to a locked up mind.. that won't even consider possibilities.

well im no expert but i know factual genreally requires some facts.
the bible has no facts..
if there are people who can read minds id like to see your evidence..no one has ever proved psychic ability or anything of the like in a controlled test.
my views are not narrow minded they are based on logic and what is reality..
people who believe in this nonsense are the only ones with a 'locked up mind'. you only believe it because others have told you its right, fact is there is no evidence or logic..
i consider all possiblities, but my eventual decisions are made on evidence not specualtion

The bible has no facts? That is a lie. The bible is a history book chronicaling the history of the Israelites and the jews. If the bible has no facts then why have archeologists found the city of Jericho right where the bible said it would be, right down to the evidence that the walls fell down and the city was razed? Why have archeologists found the true Mt. Sinai when it was right where the bible said it would be? Why is it in the Great Pyramid at Giza there is hieroglyphs that speak about the 10 plagues that occurred? You say the bible has no facts, that is a lie that i can easily dispel with the power of archeology. I think sir, that you need to get your facts straight and perhaps become an archeaologist so that you can learn the truth about the lies you speak. The evidence you seek has already been discovered but until you pull your head out of your ass you are not going to knpw where to look.
edit on 21-10-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

In stating that everything came from nothing, I am only quoting science textbooks of the recent past. If any new tweaks of the theory have been made, I am unaware as I do not subscribe to the theory.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by eeks4
I do believe that yes we are our own trouble in life but there are spirits..I hope my computer will stay on..

You believe you are your own trouble, and you are for that. The opposite is also true, you know. If you believe yourself to be stronger and more resolved, you will be. Ask any multiple-winners. It isn't chance. It is belief in a certainty.

If you believe you are weaker than the people surrounding you, they will read you and treat you accordingly. But if you believe the opposite, they will read that too, and also act accordingly. And there's a difference between bravado and confidence. Bravado will last a short time, and then you're in trouble. Not with confidence.

If you look into the abyss, it will look into you. If you look at the good path, you won't get lost.

So don't believe that any demons or spirits have power over you. Because if you do, its like opening your door to them. Again, it is also true for the opposite.

----------

About current evolution of discussion, how can the universe sprout from nothingness when science itself says nothing is created, nothing is lost, all is transformed?

How can nothingness lose its integrity to create the universe as we know it? Nothingness is simply the scientific word to explain what is currently inconceivable to our minds. Since when does science believe in spontaneous generation? LOL

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxsomexpersonxx

For the most part, it's brilliant reasoning. The thing though, is the books can inform others of proof for things. Most scientific literature does this, they get enough scientists to see a proof, then they right about it.

So the fact that it's written down doesn't make it true, but when it's backed by accepted evidence, it does. Then you've got "Where's the proof". Given that, it's perfect reasoning.

P.S. Study your Big Bang theory, you don't have it right.

It's not proven or considered true, that's why it's called the big bang "theory" lol

Guess again. Do some studying about it, and also look up what Theory means in science. Completely different from commonspeak use of the word.
What it means in science? Seriously? Let's just call it a half or a quarter truth then jeez.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Read minds....posibble, Influence minds......definite.
The mind is a tricky thing, but the heart is effortless.
The less connection with the source the more receptive you are.

PLPL

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
This appears to be a thread more appropraite for the religion forum

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

So then it is safe to say that we can not have true knowledge nor can we know what is truth?

Things that are "truth" are proven wrong every day... it was "truth" that we could not travel faster then the speed of light... yet they recently have accomplished this. It is a fact and is proven...

It is a "truth" that we cannot go back in time but in fact it is possible if you can travel at the speed of light. Until we were able to travel faster then the speed of light it is not a possibility to travel into the past or the future... So until someone does this and proves time travel possible, then it is impossible.

The world was once flat it was written in many books and maps and was truth, until it was proven the world was round.

The world is made from positive and negative energy you can view this as you wish (god positive) (satan negative) it has been proven that serial killers, crazy people, ect have brain imbalances/chemical imbalances, they have said they see demons, angels, animals tell them to kill ect... they have done studies on peoples brains and found common issues between separate people that have similar issues...

When you die maybe then you will know the truth, maybe there is a "god" I do not not know and neither do you... I live in the positive when I die I would hope that will work in my favor or we just die and our energy is absorbed into the earths energy field and our bodies decay....You will not know unless you can prove this, maybe one day there will be proof of this, when there is proof it will be fact...

At this point the bible is a book of fiction there is not one thing in it that can be proven as fact other then if you want to count places and names of people that you can trace through historical documents...On top of that the bibles has been translated many many times, who is to say translators decided to change a few things here and their, how would you know?

Jesus was a jew, if you believed in jesus and god you would be a jew also, the jewish religion was around long before Christianity so why pick one book of lies over another?

I believe in the potential good of humanity, but humanity is flawed by ego, ego is the root of all of the evils of man.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

This i believe...do you think that spirits can live in side you and not possess you but control you??I see a difference in this

Oh yes they can enter you and possess you, unless you are saved and covered by the blood of Jesus Christ. When you get saved, Christ's Holy Spirit flows into you from his throne in heaven, and the Holy Spirit will not allow other spirits to reside in his temple (you). The Holy Spirit gaurds the door to your heart and demons cannot possess you once He possess you. A truly saved christian cannot be possessed by demons, only the psuedo christians who sit on the fence and do not turn from their old sinful lives can be possessed because they truly do not believe in Jesus Christ.

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home"

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ShortMemory

Now how did i now you were going to write that......uh.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

What it means in science? Seriously? Let's just call it a half or a quarter truth then jeez.

Let's call Germ Theory a quarter truth then too. Along with the Heliocentric Theory. We've got piles of things we accept as absolute truth that are called theories, because of the different meaning. Unless plate Techtonics are only a quarter truth. Unless Gravities only a quarter truth. Atoms, ect.

In stating that everything came from nothing, I am only quoting science textbooks of the recent past. If any new tweaks of the theory have been made, I am unaware as I do not subscribe to the theory.

There's a lot of hypothesizing about how the state of the universe was before the big bang. Generally, the one I've heard referred to most often is where different masses that already existed collided. There is, however, the thought that the creation of quantums was very rapid at the time and intertwined with the big bang. The part that's agree'd on that I was referring to was that all matters coming out from a central spot. There are idea's behind it that involve nothingness, and there's other ideas. So, partially, I digress.

~
Wow, this has seriously gone away from the original post. Maybe that should be remedied instead of continuing the current topic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join