It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do not 'Occupy' Sydney: rather.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I live in Sydney, a beautiful city of Australia.

All around the world, we see these 'Occupy' protests that do nothing more than give the (so called) 'Powers-that-be' an excuse to begin drafting new and oppressive laws, like nothing we have yet seen in Western Countries.

This is a plea, to all of you that know that Protesting must be performed with care, please do not try any such 'Occupy' Protests in Sydney.

If you wish to Protest, then by all means set up in the Parks and the Pedestrian paths.

Make sure that you leave room for others who are not protesting, so that they may go about their daily business.

If asked by Police to move on, please do so, for it is usually asked if you are holding up other civilians, the people you have in mind.

Hand out flyers. Put them in mailboxes and ask shop-owners if you can put a small pile on their business counter.

Ask your local radio station if you can have 15 minutes of air-time to convey researched and ready material about your concerns.

Don't destroy anything, that is only going to work against you.

Don't 'Occupy', rather, have a well organized campaign that you and your fellow Countrymen can be proud of.

Lead by example.

Above all, please, remember that Sydney is your city, your home.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
The other option is to just get enough people to join Credit Unions.
If we could do that, we would solve a lot of problems by taking power away fromt the banks.
Sometimes the simplest ideas are the best..
and lets face it, who really wants to deal with banks anymore when theres a better alternative

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Both good suggestions.

2nd

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised
I live in Sydney, a beautiful city of Australia.

All around the world, we see these 'Occupy' protests that do nothing more than give the (so called) 'Powers-that-be' an excuse to begin drafting new and oppressive laws, like nothing we have yet seen in Western Countries.

This is a plea, to all of you that know that Protesting must be performed with care, please do not try any such 'Occupy' Protests in Sydney.

If you wish to Protest, then by all means set up in the Parks and the Pedestrian paths.

Make sure that you leave room for others who are not protesting, so that they may go about their daily business.

If asked by Police to move on, please do so, for it is usually asked if you are holding up other civilians, the people you have in mind.

Don't 'Occupy', rather, have a well organized campaign that you and your fellow Countrymen can be proud of.

Yeah, that'll work. Just ask the people with the 'free tibet' signs that have sat outside the chinese consulate since Moses was a boy. What?....... You have never heard of them?

Exactly.

Let me guess, would your next plan of attack be to write a letter to your local member of parliament?

They're not trying to save a tree down the local Park. Unfortunately, history has proven time and again that the type of change the people are beginning to demand does not come easy, if ever.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seagle

Yeah, that'll work. Just ask the people with the 'free tibet' signs that have sat outside the chinese consulate since Moses was a boy. What?....... You have never heard of them?

Exactly.

Let me guess, would your next plan of attack be to write a letter to your local member of parliament?

They're not trying to save a tree down the local Park. Unfortunately, history has proven time and again that the type of change the people are beginning to demand does not come easy, if ever.

So you are suggesting that a nice dose of public-violence is the answer?

Strength in numbers is the key.

Think of it this way.

May the public be a mountain.

May the establishment be a gun.

A million bullets will not cut through a mountain.

It is about standing strong and going about things the right way.

I have been close family-friends with the Mayor of a certain Western Sydney Suburb for almost 15 years now. Trust me, these people are the people to go to first if you have issues. He never treated me differently. He asked me to make sure that I truly think about the issues I have.

The same stands when it comes to larger sects of the Government.

Organize.

Be reasonable, and do not expect too much, too quickly.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
not that i advocate violence but it just seems to me that peaceful protests in a park that do not interfere with the normal running of anyones day to day business dont get you anywhere.
it would appear lately that its the interference in the daily goings on that cause people to actually take note and acknowledge what is happening.

can anyone remember a truely 'peaceful' protest that got something accomplished?
im genuinely curious about that question

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raskadawg
not that i advocate violence but it just seems to me that peaceful protests in a park that do not interfere with the normal running of anyones day to day business dont get you anywhere.
it would appear lately that its the interference in the daily goings on that cause people to actually take note and acknowledge what is happening.

can anyone remember a truely 'peaceful' protest that got something accomplished?
im genuinely curious about that question

All I'm saying is that I'd rather not see the public being put out.

It isn't right to inconvenience our fellow citizens.

Like I said, hand out as many flyers as you can. Deliver brochures. Hand out stickers and printed balloons. Pool together some money and get a message written in the sky.

There are so many ways of getting public support, and making them sick of you isn't one of them.

top topics

join