It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rebellion! Who Truly Takes Over? Could Our Worries Be Realized?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
With all of the stories that have broken out over the last year or so, concerning our now, real concern over those that are oppressed, who will have there grubby hands in the countries that are now, according to the media, overwhelmed with happiness due to being free, but now have no "leaders"?

I would like to present a bit of information concerning the current situation and other stories that are not being mentioned around the world. Because right now, with all the ruckus, I think that we need to see this at a different angle, on many of our fears of a New World Order being put in place.

Myself and I am sure many others here on ATS, have either thought of the authenticity of the NWO, or even underestimated it, and now it seems to have turned into a dirty word. Think back to when we figured we could see them coming a mile away. How could they swoop in and take over the world?

So I ask my fellow researchers, to maybe see at a different angle.

Middle East and North Africa in turmoil
In the following I will add bits, and links of course of the countries being "freed" by those who know whats best for them. The following links will also give information, and dates of the protests, and the either ongoing fights, or the overthrowing of a leader.

I will add a place, and a quote from the date that it started. The link will add all other dates until the most recent.
Algeria

Algerian police thwart a rally of pro-democracy supporters, breaking up the crowd to keep them from marching. Police brandishing clubs, but no firearms, weave their way through the crowd in central Algiers, banging their shields, tackling some protesters and keeping traffic flowing.
Feb. 12, 2011

Heavily outnumbered by riot police, thousands of Algerians defy government warnings and dodge barricades to rally in their capital, demanding democratic reforms a day after mass protests toppled Egypt's autocratic ruler. Protesters chant "No to the police state!" and "Give us back our Algeria."

www.washingtonpost.com...

Bahrain

Feb. 14, 2011

Demonstrators face rubber bullets and birdshot to demand more freedoms in the relative wealth of Bahrain. At least 25 people are injured, and one man dies after suffering severe head trauma. Police later use vans and other vehicles to block main roads into the capital of Manama to prevent a mass gathering that organizers intend as an homage to Egypt's Tahrir Square.

The date of the protests is the anniversary of Bahrain's 2002 constitution, which brought an elected parliament and other pro-democracy reforms to the country. Bahrain is the home of the U.S. Navy's 5th Fleet, which plays a major role in obstructing Iran's attempts to expand its influence in the region.
More Bahrain coverage

www.washingtonpost.com...

Egypt

Jan. 25, 2011

Inspired by the fall of Tunisia's longtime dictator, thousands flock to the streets in Cairo and other major Egyptian cities to denounce President Hosni Mubarak's rule.

Iran

Feb. 11, 2011

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, speaking several hours before Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak stepped down, urges Egyptians to continue their protests and to "free" themselves and choose their own leaders and their own form of government. During a large state-sponsored rally to celebrate the 32nd anniversary of Iran's Islamic revolution, Ahmadinejad says that the uprisings in the Arab world have been inspired by his country's struggle against Western powers.

Iraq

Feb. 16, 2011

The governor of a remote southern Iraqi province is forced to flee when protesters storm his headquarters during violent demonstrations that illustrate the potential for upheaval in Iraq's new, and still shaky, democracy. The violence eruptes after local police opened fire on demonstrators protesting poor services and corruption outside the governorate of Wasit province in the city of Kut, killing three and wounding more than 50, says Capt. Mahdi Abbas of the province's emergency police force.

Jordan

Jan. 28, 2011

Thousands protest in late January, peaking on Jan. 28. The demonstrations are inspired by the unrest in the region and reflect growing discontent stoked by the most serious domestic economic crisis in years as well as accusations of rampant government corruption. Demonstrators protest rising prices and demand the dismissal of Prime Minister Samir Rifai and his government, but do not directly challenged the king, criticism of whom is banned in Jordan.

Kuwait

Feb. 6, 2011

Kuwait's Interior Minister steps down amid calls for street demonstrations on social media sites. The organizers list claims of corruption and perceived attempts to limit political freedoms. After the resignation of the interior minister, Sheik Jaber al-Khaled al-Sabah (who is replaced by a relative of Kuwait's ruler), protesters reschedule planned demonstrations to March 8.

Lebanon

Feb. 28, 2011

In Lebanon, which has no government to rebel against because of disputes among the country's feuding political factions, demonstrators take to the streets to demand the overthrow of the sectarian system that has defined and divided the volatile country for seven decades.

Libya

Feb. 16, 2011

Roughly 200 protesters take to the streets in Benghazi to show support for human rights activist and lawyer Fathi Terbil, according to CNN. Several are arrested amid confrontations with police. A highly placed source close to the Libyan government tells CNN, "there is nothing serious here. These are just young people fighting each other."

Morocco

Protests called for Feb. 20

Bloggers calling themselves "Moroccan movement of 20 February" call for protests on Feb. 20 to challenge a monarchy they say has monpolized power.
Thousands of people march in cities across Morocco demanding a new constitution to bring more democracy in the North African kingdom amid the wave of Arab world upheaval. Demonstrators shout slogans calling for economic opportunity, educational reform, better health services and help coping with rising living costs during a march on central Hassan II Avenue in the capital, Rabat.

Oman

Feb. 27, 2011

Police kill an anti-government protester in Sohar, after demonstrations turned violent. Several government buildings and a supermarket aree set on fire, local media reports. Oman, ruled by a powerful family dynasty, is the latest Arab nation to be swept up in a wave of regional unrest that has already brought down two leaders and threatened the rule of others.

Saudi Arabia

March 10, 2011

Three people are injured when police open fire during a protest in eastern Saudi Arabia, according to a witness and a Saudi official. The witness, who spoke on the condition of anonymity for fear of reprisals by authorities, says police at first fired over protesters' heads but then began shooting directly at them during a march in central Qatif, a predominantly Shiite town in oil-rich Eastern Province.

To be continued.... NRE.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Syria

Feb. 4-5, 2011

An online campaign organizes "days of rage" against Syrian President Bashar Assad Feb. 4 and 5, 2011, but no one shows up. The lack of demonstration is attributed to intimidation by security agents and strong support among Syrians of Assad's anti-Israel policies. It's also believed that many of the online organizers were Syrians living abroad. After the "days of rage," Syrians said Facebook and Youtube became available for the first time in three years. The country has had a longstanding ban on social networking sites.

Tunisia

Dec. 17, 2010

College-educated Mohamed Bouazizi, 26, a fruit vendor in Sidi Bouzid, Tunisia, sets himself on fire in protest. He was angered by a municipal inspector who tried to confiscate his apples then slapped him in the face when he reached back for them. He was then beaten by two of the inspector's colleagues.

Yemen

Feb. 11, 2011

Anti-government protests begin in Yemen, inspired by revolts in Egypt and Tunisia.

All of the above link can be seen, including a map at www.washingtonpost.com...

All I am saying is that there is now an uprising all over the world, some on the basis of "if they can do it.. we can do it". Everyone, and I mean everyone is being controlled in some way, but an uprising of this magnitude may be just what "they" have been waiting for.

Peace, NRE.

BTW, I will add all of the others when I get all of the info together. I just wanted us to have a starting point.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Quite interesting.. But all rebellions really do is replace one group of oppressors with another.. Be a much better world when people realise that all are equal and that there is no need for leaders - a remnant of humanities primitive barbaric past that many cling to due to being unable/unwilling to think for themselves, take responsibility for their actions and accept others as equals..
S&F good thread as always..

new topics

join