It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 1% Are Changing The Law To Shut Down Occupy Wall St.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by RisenAngel77

Who would enact the laws? The political officials in New York, right? So blame the "1%" and yet again, continue to ignore the spineless politicians who make up the laws.
*sheesh*
And OWS can't figure it out?
*shakes head in dismay*

Yes but if you go after the politicians and ignore the corporations then you'll just end up with new politicians for Big Business to corrupt later.

Better to go after the source IMO...

But the "source" IS the politicians. It is the politicians that make the deals with the corporations so that they can continue to rape America. OWS has failed in this realization. Going after the corporations is like popping a pimple on your face with hopes it doesn't come back, instead of washing away the oil and grim that are causing the pimples in the first place.

Originally posted by TheMindWar

That doesnt suprise me. Tptb knew there were going to be riots, we will have to wait and see what happens. Personally I think the police have no honour any longer. To be a police officer is basically the same as being a hired thug, no diffrent.

You're kidding, right?
edit on 21-10-2011 by DerbyCityLights because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Who would enact the laws? The political officials in New York, right? So blame the "1%" and yet again, continue to ignore the spineless politicians who make up the laws.
*sheesh*
*shakes head in dismay*

It amazes me that after a month so many people don't get that it is about the corruption on all levels, currently, legally we can't do squat about the banks and corporations aside from boycotting and withdrawal of funds. The real target of protest is the government policies that have allowed this insanity. How is that not clear by now?

Is it really that easy to get lost in the propaganda against OWS?
Targetting the corruption somehow translated to some people that, we are:
-Anti corporation
-Anti capitalism
-Looking for a free ride

I'm sure there are some among the crowds who are these things but, the majority, no. We don't have a problem with capitalism or corporations, just the unfair advantage they have bought from weak politicians and all the little freedoms that were lost in the bargains as well.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
On topic, I think this won't shut down the protests it may even encourage them. All this will change is the camping part.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

But the "source" IS the politicians. It is the politicians that make the deals with the corporations so that they can continue to rape America

Not according to John F Kennedy.

Listen to the tone of his voice very carefully. JFK was scared, he knew what was going on. He tried to warn us, but he knew it would be hard to reach the masses. As I mentioned before, politicians are only the front face or a "book cover"( so to speak) to the shadow government.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

*sheesh*
*shakes head in dismay*

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Hmmm, If it isn't congress who is enacting the laws then who is and are the laws enacted without congress's approval even legal?

edit on 21-10-2011 by Mr. D because: spelling

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Wonder if they're lobbying this law with bailout money...
However, bad news for americans and another fine example of how big business runs the world.
Great post S+F

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
They are merely hastening a violent revolution.

The more they try to stifle and silence dissent without addressing the causes of it, the more likely violence is.

People pushed into violent change after trying attempt after attempt of peaceful change to no avail tend to be very harsh in dealing with those who block it.

If the 1% value their lives and families, they need to change, and change soon, or history will inevitably repeat, and they will find themselves dead, and their families exterminated. It has happened pretty much every single time we've gotten to this place in any society.

You'd think they would learn from history.

I guess the 1% aren't so bloody smart after all.

So be it.

I, for one, won't mourn their passing again.

It will give us a few generations of peace and prosperity for all, at least until the sociopaths breed up again and people forget to control them again.

That's possibly the worst part about reincarnation: living enough lifetimes to recognize the patterns and being unable to do much about them.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I would like to know what these protestors have accomplished! Most of these people just need to take a shower, get off the drugs and get a job. Why don't they do some volunteer work at a homeless shelter or check out some kind of free program for job training if they can't find work?!? I say it's time for people to focus on solutions to the problem, we all agree there is a problem in America, this isn't helping!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The banks and corporations bought the US Gov't long ago. The government is nothing but a tool for those with the real power. The only way to restore the USA is to first stop the source, then work down.

Protest DC? what is that going to accomplish? Sure, it might cause a few guys to get voted out, but they will just be replaced by someone just as corrupt, just as easy to bribe.

The only way to restore the USA to what it once was, is to show the world what is really going on. The corporations use dirty tricks to hold the USA and the world hostage. They have their finger on the economic self destruct button. Do you think the bailouts were because the Gov't felt sorry for the banks? The bailouts were protection money, because if the banks didn't get bailed out the economy would have crashed down faster than you can say "oh crap".

The ONLY way the people can get out from under this giant cluster-#$@# is to wake up, see reality, and work together to take the power back from the banks and corporations.

I am in no way saying the Gov't isn't to blame, they will get whats coming to them eventually. Im just saying that as long as the banks and corporations are supported by the people, and allowed to continue as they are, nothing will change, except for the worse.

My OWS Demands:
1. Ban all forms of corporate lobbying
2. Throw away the current tax code, create new tax laws that are fair and concrete. NO LOOP HOLES
3. Repeal all laws preventing a consenting adult from doing anything that harms no one but himself.
4. Recall all military on foreign soil.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kellerphoenix
I would like to know what these protestors have accomplished! Most of these people just need to take a shower, get off the drugs and get a job. Why don't they do some volunteer work at a homeless shelter or check out some kind of free program for job training if they can't find work?!? I say it's time for people to focus on solutions to the problem, we all agree there is a problem in America, this isn't helping!

Gosh, if only there was a job to be had - They probably wouldn't be there in the first place. I hate how people are peddling the culture of "volunteering" and "unpaid work placements" Its such a ridiculous concept.
Give me one good reason why someone should give there labour for nothing except "the experience" You don't need experience for a minimum wage job, you need to turn up everyday and have a basic level of competence and the patience of a saint. There are no jobs, this protest is about saying "There are no jobs because you greedy people decided to shift the work oversea's so you could line your pockets even more"

Deny ignorance!!!!
edit on 21-10-2011 by SearchLightsInc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Ive been sayin it and sayin it, like a broken record. this peaceful protest is all well and good, but the real change is going to come from fighting fire with fire, TPTB want to send their dogs in with sticks to beat us I say we give it back to them, they want to change the law on us to suit their needs, we go into these places and remove these people and put balanced laws into place. enough sitting on the side lines and chanting, we need to not only promote change, but we need to make the changes ourselves weather it be by other means, or by force. you cant make an omelette with out breaking a few eggs, so lets get crackin'

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Just thought i add that the occupy protest in london is
is having a bit of a problem.

St pauls catherdral been closed because the protesters
are a health and safety risk and have been asked to leave.

You cant stop people protesting but if you dont like what
the protest about there always a little law you can use.

edit on 21/10/2011 by skuly because: dose anyone ever read this bit?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This 99% thing is kind of confusing.

Is it like calling a gathering of a hundred thousand people a Million Man March?

Sure seems to be.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Is it like calling a gathering of a hundred thousand people a Million Man March?

Sure seems to be.

To believe that anarchists and commies make up 99% of the population is to be sheeple.
All of their self identity has been stripped away and then they are handed the propaganda slogan that they are the 99% to replace it so they feel self empowered only with the protest.
Clever tricks for simple minds, and it obviously works on them because they believe it.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

It's not that confusing. If you make less than 5.5 million a year then you are part of the 99%.

You don't have to stand in any particular spot to be in that demographic. Your part of the 99% even if you don't agree with the protesters.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Almost every park I been to has a closing time/ rangers will remove you after dark etc, unless it is a campground.
Central Park should have incited this rule ages ago, they are the pit of criminal activity after nightfall, I hear...but almost all other parks have a closing time. So it's their business if they want to indict that law now.

They could just move the OWS to central park anyways.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I'm still trying to wrap my head around how they equate themselves to the 99%. Sorry but I don't think they have anywhere near 99% of the population of the US let alone New York., so that alone just irks me in the first place.

However, I am interested in reading how they changed the laws etc, as I haven't heard about this and I am still a strong supporter of the freedom to protest etc even if I don't agree with them.

Ok now that I looked over the info I have to say this doesn't surprise me in the least. I mean honestly the whole principal of thing is more of a health issue then it is a we don't want you here issue. Then again I am still not sure how it all works as I would think you would want to protest in a public park where its I don't know public. Sure it might be illegal to squat in a public park, but hey who is really gonna stand up to 100's of people all at once? I highly doubt the city would really stand up to the numbers in NY just to throw them out.

That being said. If I own a park and I don't want you there then sure I can have you removed. It's private property therefore you are trespassing on it. How would the "99%" feel if the 1% decided to set up a camp in there front yard? (if they have a front yard) Do you think you would enjoy them being there? Would you wnat them to leave?
edit on 10/21/2011 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The sad truth is, as great as the OWS and others are, is it's not enough. Look at other countries in Europe. When their gov, tries something, the WHOLE COUNTRY goes on STRIKE. Not combative, but, they just don't work.

They eventually get almost all of what they want.

Here in the USA, they (the 1%) have us all situation where we need our jobs, and can't take a chance of ever doing anything like that. They'd fire us, and hire another 99% to take our places in a second.

No balls, no glory...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Laws only carry weight if we allow them to; if we recognize them. If people allow themselves to be bullied, mankind will never break free from this oppressive system.
I hear talk of “remove the Fed and the bankers” or “oust the corrupt politicians”, but neither alone will serve any good. We must remove all three heads of the hydra at once to kill the beast.
Do not move from your camps. Get your goggles, get your facemasks, get your earplugs and be prepared for the onslaught. They cannot be allowed another inch of ground. Their authority only stems from recognition. Take away that recognition, and you take away their power. Their tactics will get more desperate before this thing is done. They’ll go after your pensions, your benefits, they’ll squeeze your mortgages and credit, they’ll do everything they can to move you, but you cannot give up. The only thing they control is their fiat money, which means they control nothing.
We can fix this broken system, we can change this world, but not if we give into bullying. We are the 99%, and it’s time to remind those in power that majority rules.

~FugitiveSoul

edit on 21-10-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

They don't equate 99% they are part of the 99%. The rest of the 99% are at home/work.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join