It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya/NATO conflict. Out of the 28 nations involved with NATO, who did the most bombing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I was reading this RT article,

US drones bombed Libya more than Pakistan

rt.com...

Now with the reported death of Gaddafi, the numbers are coming in regarding how much of a war Obama’s non-war has become. Between April 21 and this morning, robotic, unmanned Predator drones have conducted 145 airstrikes in Libya, reveals Pentagon spokesman George Little.

and I was curious as to who bombed Libya the most. I assume the USA lead the way but I do remember France leading the charge early on. Now that Gaddafi is dead the bombing can finally stop but Libya is hurting badly thanks to NATO's humanitarian bombings. These bombings, as we know, destroyed Libya's infrastructure, towns/cites, and killed many civilians. I wonder who is gonna pay for Libya's reconstruction? Will Libya rebuild herself or will they be given a large loan and/or given private contractors to rebuild? That worked so well in Iraq
Who will lead Libya now, and what connections will this new leader have with the west? And what kind of Gov't will come of this? There have been rumblings of Sharia Law being instituted.

'NATO bombed Libya back into Stone Age'

Civilian losses | Wikipedia

May 14: NATO air strike hit a large number of people gathered for Friday prayers in the eastern city of Brega leaving 11 religious leaders dead and 50 others wounded.[442]

May 24: NATO air strikes in Tripoli kill 19 civilians and wound 150, according to Libyan state television.[443]

May 31: Libya claims that NATO strikes have left up to 718 civilians dead.[444]

June 19: NATO air strikes hit a residential house in Tripoli, killing seven civilians, according to Libyan state television.[445]

June 20: A NATO airstrike in Sorman, near Tripoli, killed fifteen civilians, according to government officials.[446] Eight rockets apparently hit the compound of a senior government official, in an area where NATO confirmed operations had taken place.[446]

June 25: NATO strikes on Brega hit a bakery and a restaurant, killing 15 civilians and wounding 20 more, Libyan state television claimed. The report further accused the coalition of "crimes against humanity". The claims were denied by NATO.[447][448]

June 28: NATO airstrike on the town of Tawragha, 300 km east of the Libyan capital, Tripoli kills eight civilians.[449]

July 25: NATO airstrike on a medical clinic in Zliten kills 11 civilians, though the claim was denied by NATO, who said they hit a vehicle depot and communications center.[450][451]

July 30: NATO attacks Libyan state TV, Al-Jamahiriya. 3 journalists killed.[452]

August 9: Libyan government claims 85 civillians were killed in a NATO airsrike in Majer, a village near Zliten. A spokesman confirms that NATO bombed Zliten at 2:34 a.m. on August 9,[453] but says he was unable to confirm the casualties. Commander of the NATO military mission, Lieutenant General Charles Bouchard says "I cannot believe that 85 civilians were present when we struck in the wee hours of the morning, and given our intelligence. But I cannot assure you that there were none at all".[454]

September 15: Gaddafi spokesman Moussa Ibrahim declares that NATO air strikes killed 354 civilians and wounded 700 others, while 89 other civilians are supposedly missing. He also claims that over 2,000 civilians have been killed by NATO air strikes since September 1.[455] NATO denied the claims, saying they were unfounded.[456]

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Damn that's screwed up dude. I'm curious if the mainstream media ever reported these civilain deaths, or at the very least one US airstrike which killed civilians? Killing hundreds of innocent people to kill one guy doesn't seem right to me. That just sounds reckless and heartless really.
edit on 21-10-2011 by TupacShakur because:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

There's been articles written, and you can find a lot of them posted right here on ATS (although many of the original articles were taken off their websites). I don't watch Fox, CNN, BBC, etc, so I dunno how much reporting they did, if any, but articles were written, that much I know. Did the articles cover all the civilian deaths? Prolly not.

Ironically, NATO got involved because Gaddafi allegedly had innocent protesters killed (Gaddafi says they were Al-queda) but NATO has killed wayyyyy more Libyans, compared to the protesters.
edit on 21-10-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
NATO has a site that has daily updates on missions.

don't know if they specify who did what.

www.nato.int...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I didn't even think to look at their own website
I never thought they would post mission info. After looking at that link it doesn't provide the details I am looking for, but I will continue to surf their page for answers. Thanks for the link!
edit on 21-10-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Libya is free today thanks to its brave people fighting in the desert helped by NATO air strikes.Is there never collateral damage in war?I seriously doubt the freedom fighters wish NATO wasn't there.But of course you know better,right?Right?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentX09

Freedom fighters?

They are cells of muslim brotherhood and Al qaeda.The Libyan women supported Ghaddafi against this sharia s c u m and you call them freedom fighters.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

muslim brotherhood, former KLA cells and Al Qaeda.Not freedom fighters.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
So all the fighters are alqada?Isn't that what that humanitarian Qadafi claimed?Yeah we know that's not his body either.I know some of us are denying ignorance but i fear many here are off their mess,imho.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Yes ,you sympathizer of NATO's fascist genocides.Why should lies from the corporate media be believed?

You support muslim brotherhood?

this is what your beloved NTC sleazebags are doing in Libya:

www.voltairenet.org...

www.voltairenet.org...

edit on 21-10-2011 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2011 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I just recorded an interview with a spokesman for NATO. It will be featured in the next The Truth Is Viral, and what they had to say will be of great interest to everyone. And no, I'm not going to tell you what they said; you'll just have to wait for the show to be broadcast here on ATS.

But you won't have long to wait. It's already been uploaded to the editor and it should be up by tomorrow.

edit on 10/21/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
If Libya hasn't descended into civil war by this time next year, i'll be very surprised. It still surprises me that people are so short sighted to not see this, who/where next, Assad is killing his people as they are uprising, why have we not gone there and assisted them... oh thats right, Syria doesn't have it's own central bank not owing any money to anyone, thats a start, they also dont have apretty much the best standard of living in the area like Libya did. Dictator Gaddahfi might have been but lets see if the Libyans lot improves in any way

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Yeah sure ....uh....Now that we have destroyed their water infrastructure which was patiently built over years by the entire country.....As well we have destroyed the only factory that makes the replacement cement pipes for the great man made river project which gives 70% of Libya fresh water to drink.....
And um ,,,we have encouraged a pogrom of black africans already that has taken many lives and displaced thousands of people.
As well as supported the revolution of an entire group which will institute Sharia law to the detrement and torture of half of Libya, namely women.....

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I wouldnt say every rebel fighter was Al-queda but there are Al-queda fighting amongst the rebels, the rebel leader himself admits it.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Something the MSM has been scrambling to cover up all the way through this. :shk:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

here's a possible breakdown.

charts

some data

www.guardian.co.uk...

static.guim.co.uk...

docs.google.com...=0

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I thought the answer to the title's question was going to be "France" and this would be a whole who-would-have-thunk-it-lol thread

(NOTE: Anyone going to call me up on the French=Cowards joke - it was a joke, I'm well aware of examples of the French kicking ass/taking names through history, but because I'm British I'm not legally allowed to admit it
)

top topics

join