It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHOCKING Video of Police Brutality at Occupy Melbourne

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Just heard Robert Doyle on the radio say that the protesters disrupted the city for a whole week, public transport etc. And that he didn't give the order to police.

Best news is, everyone is back today in larger numbers.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burnerz
Best news is, everyone is back today in larger numbers.

Actually, they are not....
news.smh.com.au...
"About 200 people protesting against corporate greed met in Federation Square before midday on Saturday "

Only 200......

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

Okay well the live reporter on the radio said a thousand people were in the march.

Either way 200 is definitely more than the amount that were violently removed for camping.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
So that's what we pay those dogs for...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by decepticonLaura

The protest went for a WEEK . They were issued an eviction notice at 9AM and at 12.30pm is when the police moved in.
Most protests here only last a day or 2 AT MOST as it then inconveniences everyone else in the City who are trying to get about doing their lives and Business.

I think being able to protest for a whole week undisturbed was pretty fair.
But it seems a lot of people are pretty selfish towards their own cause and can't see that side of it.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

reply to post by Anusuia

The police used all the force they are allowed to use, i would assume. Given that they showed clips of people being violently treated on the news goes to show they are not trying to hide anything.

The occupy group are taking legal action so we will have to see how that pans out.

Dont blame the young australian, blame the powers that police are given. Because i have seen such violence displayed by members of the police from every age group.

I stand corrected . It is true that it is not just a problem with current programming of the newbie bodies .

The office of policeman seems to attract undesirables . bACK IN THE 70S WHEN I WAS YOUNG WE HAD SO MUCH TROUBLE WITH THEM . They once pulled me off the street purely because they were bored sitting around the station and they heard us on the streets with our symbols and kirtan , singing , dancing , book sales etc .

I think they bit off more than they could chew with me as I just chanted hare Krishna the whole time sitting in the office . They felt bad in the end I believe . So try that tactic with them . It works on the hearts of all embodied souls .

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

But it seems a lot of people are pretty selfish towards their own cause and can't see that side of it.

I'd oh thought you protest till you get results..

They moved the protesters for one reason IMO,

the Queens visit next week...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

reply to post by spoor

Okay well the live reporter on the radio said a thousand people were in the march.

Either way 200 is definitely more than the amount that were violently removed for camping.

On the news tonight it was well over a few hundred.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Angelaisaac

Incorrect.

Myself and others were NOT camping! We were supporting the protestors due to the way they were handled due to the shock of the way it was managed.

I and many others were kicked in the head.
Capsicum spray WAS used. (although not on me)
Horses were used to trod on peaceful protestors.

I had my hands behind my back and was screaming, I'm peaceful. Whilst they punched me in the head several times. I just happened to be in amongst the crowd when the police moved in.

You live in Melbourne? I wish you could have seen it for yourself. I was there on my lunch break and was NOT asox ups Melbourne camper or protestor. However, I was kicked, I was punched, I was arrested, I was detained for 5 hours. Seems hard to believe. However, NO one, in anyway, threw a punch or became violent from the protestors perspective. But I wish they had. Fu@&$&g dogs deserve everything they get. I believed in the illusion of democracy and the delusion that we were free in Australia up until yesterday. Now the extent of the totalitarian based system is clear in a way I had never expected it to be.

If you think this brutal underhanded police behaviour is acceptable or justified, id suggest that they have already beaten you.
edit on 22-10-2011 by Ozcabal because: Spelling and grammar errors

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Flighty

I'd oh thought you protest till you get results..

They moved the protesters for one reason IMO,

the Queens visit next week...

thank you! i am glad someone said this before i could get to it!
i don't understand this view that protesting is something you go down for an hour, wave a placard and then go home
we're trying to effect real change and that is going to take time
"you've had your say, now go home so we can ignore you and keep running things the same way "
yeah no thanks.
called occupy for a reason.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ozcabal
However, NO one, in anyway, threw a punch or became violent.

thank you for confirming that the police were not violent, unlike some other people who claimed that they were!

Fu@&$&g dogs deserve everything they get.

Come on, why do you think the protestors deserve what they get?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

However, NO one, in anyway, threw a punch or became violent.

thank you for confirming that the police were not violent, unlike some other people who claimed that they were!

Fu@&$&g dogs deserve everything they get.

Come on, why do you think the protestors deserve what they get?

Why do you insist on twisting words..??
I'm pretty darn sure you know they were referring to the protesters not throwing punches..

The cops, well they just ran people down with horses.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

As Mel Gibson once said, " do you have a dog in this fight.?"

Or

Are you simply one of them? I know that the pigs now have their own online team spreading lies and trolling. The unethicalness of their "mob" never ceases to amaze me. I guess that's what one should expect when the entry requirements to the force essentially consist of " half a brain and physically fit." Although I can't help but think that when the latter no longer applies or slips they get moved from brute force into the online world of misinformation.

Ain't that right brainy????

edit on 22-10-2011 by Ozcabal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Ozcabal

Exactly so. He must be a cop, they would have access to ATS too you know. You should take your story to the media? Alan Pearsall was on 3aw early this morning and was sticking up for the peoples "Right to protest." He seems to be one of the few in media to not spead lies about the protestors. All I hear is they are bums, jobless, on the dole. Do they have proof of this? Then you hear the misquoting of numbers at the event. They say 50 protestors are there, then you look at footage or a picture and clearly there are many many more people there.

If you were attacked for no reason, If they used unreasonable force on your person and they have no proof that you were doing anything wrong, then can't you sue or do something? If not then this in itself is a reason to protest.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Some are calling for an independent inquiry into the police abuse. Fight back with the law. Lodge complaints.
Demand an inquiry.

Councillor calls for Occupy Melb inquiry

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Navieko
This is why I couldn't attend one of these protests... I don't believe I'd have it in me to restrain myself from fighting back...

why should you? fightin back is exactly what needs to happen

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
After a suitable period OWS will find out what the NYPD will do if, the protesters cross the line. I can see that
it's just a mater of time and "all hell" will break loose. When the group that are in the park are confronted by the police for them to move something will happen. there will be something thrown or someone will push someone and violence begins. The protesters will not be able to stand against the cops, Bloomy will not stand up for the protesters there will not be ANY help once things get out of hand. Everyone can see this coming, I am not the only one. As strange as it seems, there are those who are HOPING that this will happen. Remember the story about a mention of a "Kent State Moment"??? The protesters really don't know the potential for danger that exists.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

reply to post by Angelaisaac

Incorrect.

Myself and others were NOT camping! We were supporting the protestors due to the way they were handled due to the shock of the way it was managed.

I and many others were kicked in the head.
Capsicum spray WAS used. (although not on me)
Horses were used to trod on peaceful protestors.

I had my hands behind my back and was screaming, I'm peaceful. Whilst they punched me in the head several times. I just happened to be in amongst the crowd when the police moved in.

You live in Melbourne? I wish you could have seen it for yourself. I was there on my lunch break and was NOT asox ups Melbourne camper or protestor. However, I was kicked, I was punched, I was arrested, I was detained for 5 hours. Seems hard to believe. However, NO one, in anyway, threw a punch or became violent from the protestors perspective. But I wish they had. Fu@&$&g dogs deserve everything they get. I believed in the illusion of democracy and the delusion that we were free in Australia up until yesterday. Now the extent of the totalitarian based system is clear in a way I had never expected it to be.

If you think this brutal underhanded police behaviour is acceptable or justified, id suggest that they have already beaten you.
edit on 22-10-2011 by Ozcabal because: Spelling and grammar errors

Replied to the wrong person? My post was sarcastic, lol....

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join