It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GF getting fat!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Join a gym and go religiously. Then after a few days tell her to come with you, say it will be fun to work out together. If she says no, I'm sure you'll find tons of knockouts at the gym. It's a win-win for you!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
So many replies stating that the OP should set the example by working out with her, jog with her, whatever... Supposing the OP doesn't have a weight problem, why should he suffer along with her. Isn't he suffering enough? He did not ask to upsize his meal. He should not have to pay for it, either.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1
She is taking the p*ss
You have allowed her to feel to secure, and now she no longer repects you. Don,t be under any illusions she enjoys food more than she cares about you. Dude stop f*cking her when she try,s to have sex with you go and make a cup of tea. I guarentee you the first time you brush off her advances she will want to know why. When she asks just tell her you find fat unattractive.

Shoot me down feminazis

what this guy said actually works in some cases ... it actually does. There is like almost 3.5 billion women on the planet bro ... if you don't like one get another ... not like its hard these days.

or if your hopelessly co dependent start going for walks and hikes and stuff and take her with you ... suggest the beach that will make her have to look at herself in a bikini ... or take a photo of her with not much on and show her ... I found a lot of chubby girls don't know they are fat till they see themselves in a photo or on a video. cam

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Buy her a Nintendo Wii. Its a win all the way, she looses weight while playing EA Active or whatever.. and you get to play some wicked kool old school games on VC.

Plus it teaches some other skills. Like there's this mini game on Mario Party where you have to shake your soda till it pops and squirts the highest.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmusicmr
We've been going out about 9 months now, and she's slowly put on weight. She's not morbidly obese or anything, but the gut , thighs and now the arms are getting kind of big. I miss the days when she's slim enough to wear sexy dress similar likethis.
I feel so bad about her figure now. How do I get her to go to the gym or something without outright telling her she's fat?

How quiclky would you like to become single or get smotherede in your sleep? Really... I thought love was more than skin deep.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Thank you for writing that. Speaking as a woman whose husband had an affair because I gained weight after our son was born, it is nice to know that some people still think straight.
I can always lose weight (and I did!) but he destroyed our family and my trust because of his shallow ideals.

To the OP, be an example. Encourage her to take care of herself, not because you want her to be thin, but to be healthy! Take her on hikes and walks. Buy healthy food. Be the one to show her you care about her in all ways.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Well I'm sure shes not the only one who has put on the pounds. I'm guessing you have as well but haven't noticed. When a couple gets into a steady relationship they obviously become comfortable. Instead of buying crappy food at the store or out to eat, get the healthier things. If it is really bothering you then I would suggest finding another mate as it seems like just because she has gained a bit you've lost interest in her.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Shes a porker.

You have to pork some pork. Get used to it. Forever.

Damn I hope the nazis dont add this one to my list of spankins.....

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
bad news.mr winkie wont be happy,good news.your friends wont be eye frikken your gf.plus fat girls usually are good cooks.also this thread is awesome.
oh and your invitation to the swingers party has been declined.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
There is some insecurity in her life that is causing her to eat more. Perhaps she feels your relationship is only based on looks, or she feels you are thinking about leaving. By mentioning her weight gain, you will be adding to her feelings of insecurity, and she will add more weight. Ironically, after she loses you, she will likely go through a period of weight gain, then weight loss to her former slim self in order to catch the next man. Then the cycle repeats, at least until she is happy.

One possible way to approach the issue is to suggest you help each other to lead a healthy lifestyle because you love one another. For example, adding adipose (fat) tissue can increase estrogen production, which can lead to cancer in estrogen-receptive cancer. Adding weight can also add increased cholesterol, blood pressure, and diabetes problems. You have a natural liking for slimness because it is healthy. Focus on that reason, not on attractiveness.

Your best bet is to love her, make her the happiest woman in the world, and try to get past the appearances. In your life, you will see her get old or even sick, maybe even die. Lots of men have a midlife crisis when they feel like they could do better. They often fail to realize how they themselves have changed. If you are mature enough to allow the changes of life to occur and to stay along for the ride, it does get much better. Please refer to the old couple that just died one hour apart holding hands. He was 94 she was 90. I also remember seeing another news article where one old spouse died at a hospital, and the other died an hour later at a rest home without knowing of the death.

There is something much more to life as you keep your relationship through it all...

Best of luck to you.
edit on 10/21/2011 by Jim Scott because: Thought 2.

My advice would be to listen to this man!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

edit on 10/21/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

lol? Not respect him? Most girls don't gain weight because they don't respect their boyfriend. This seriously makes 0 sense. You really have no clue what you are talking about or into the general women's psyche. It's usually some under lying emotional issue... Especially if the couple is young.

The people that starred your post are more than likely middle aged southern males that are obese/not attractive themselves and are out of touch with reality.
edit on 10/21/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bex33

Originally posted by Jim Scott
There is some insecurity in her life that is causing her to eat more. Perhaps she feels your relationship is only based on looks, or she feels you are thinking about leaving. By mentioning her weight gain, you will be adding to her feelings of insecurity, and she will add more weight. Ironically, after she loses you, she will likely go through a period of weight gain, then weight loss to her former slim self in order to catch the next man. Then the cycle repeats, at least until she is happy.

One possible way to approach the issue is to suggest you help each other to lead a healthy lifestyle because you love one another. For example, adding adipose (fat) tissue can increase estrogen production, which can lead to cancer in estrogen-receptive cancer. Adding weight can also add increased cholesterol, blood pressure, and diabetes problems. You have a natural liking for slimness because it is healthy. Focus on that reason, not on attractiveness.

Your best bet is to love her, make her the happiest woman in the world, and try to get past the appearances. In your life, you will see her get old or even sick, maybe even die. Lots of men have a midlife crisis when they feel like they could do better. They often fail to realize how they themselves have changed. If you are mature enough to allow the changes of life to occur and to stay along for the ride, it does get much better. Please refer to the old couple that just died one hour apart holding hands. He was 94 she was 90. I also remember seeing another news article where one old spouse died at a hospital, and the other died an hour later at a rest home without knowing of the death.

There is something much more to life as you keep your relationship through it all...

Best of luck to you.
edit on 10/21/2011 by Jim Scott because: Thought 2.

My advice would be to listen to this man!

My question about this advise: The whole scenario has been assumed. Almost no backstory or anything about this girls personality was given, yet we have this detailed personality disorder suddenly. Am I to assume that all girls who get fat are going through this? You mean none of them just like to eat? None of them have genetics that may contribute? It has to be some kind of emotional problems? Always? Wow.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

If the op takes your modern pink, and fluffy advice he will very soon be saddled with a land whale. If he takes solid advice, and makes her realise she is in real danger of getting her fat butt kicked in to touch she will either shape up, or ship out either way he wins. It is disasterous for men to take relationship advice from girls/women because as you have just proved they just regurgitate empty cliches.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
nip it in the bud, before it gets worse. just make some innocent comments about her weight and hopefully she picks up the hint.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1
She is taking the p*ss
You have allowed her to feel to secure, and now she no longer repects you. Don,t be under any illusions she enjoys food more than she cares about you. Dude stop f*cking her when she try,s to have sex with you go and make a cup of tea. I guarentee you the first time you brush off her advances she will want to know why. When she asks just tell her you find fat unattractive.

Shoot me down feminazis

meh..might work..but in a bad way..

I would ditch you.. lose the weight....and find myself a new BF

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
She might just be happy.
I was actually underweight before I met my fella. Used to seriously get me down that no matter how much I tried to eat nothing would happen. A year later I seemed to wake up one morning with an extra 2 and a half stone.
I feel and look better for it. No one has complained my boobs have gone from 34B to 38D and I feel frankly fabulous.

If she's put some weight on, providing she doesn't put on anymore the weight initially lying around her waist may well start to distribute evenly. What you are seeing now, may well be her genetic pre determined ideal weight. We aren't all supposed to be naturally thin.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Just say..."Hey hon....I've been thinking about joining a gym, and I was wondering if you would go too" Make her feel like it is something you two can do together. Tell her you need her support to stick with it, and that you will be her support to help her stick to it.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I don't know why people are surmising this poor girl has turned into a ginormous munter on the say so of the OP. In all likelyhood she's just gained a few pounds.

A FEW POUNDS

Op's probably a chunky monkey himself, but hey, in today's world it's alright for guys to walk around with a 9 month pregnant gut but the minute their women goes up a dress size they get all #ty about it.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
yeah do somthing now. I dated this girl for about 5 years. She started very small and skinny and started to turn into chub monster.

She ended up being a roody-poo arse cake, and from last i've seen, she is now whale status.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join