It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timeline Theory

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkHelmet
I guess this is the right forum to post this. I was bored today and started thinking about that movie Timeline where they go back in time to the medieval days. I thought it was interesting that one of the archeologists was studying a stone carving of a king that turned out to actually be himself. Now I was wondering... What if this was true in some cases? For instance all these Geniuses that we have like Tesla and other famous historical figures, what if they were actually me or you, but we haven't realised it yet. What if we are catapulted through time, back in the early 1500's, find that noone has discovered the "New World" and you lead a voyage there. You find during the voyage that you are INDEED Christopher Colombus. I hope you see what I'm saying, and I never really thought about this before. What do you guys think?

Hi DarkHelmet

From our understanding, time, linear time, does not actually exist. It is a perceptional quality of our 3d world.
We all have parallel lives, which are actually enacting at the same time.
See, if you can, these paralel lives as movies that play out from birth to death. They can be in any period, like a trip to the holodeck. We can have parallel lives that appear to play out in the linear past and for all intents and purposes do so. This is why we can find evidence historically of this, in some cases.
"Past" life recall by children is well documented and so is that of adults. What is being recalled is not really a memory, but in fact a revisiting of the holographic life movie, which is part and parcel of the individual's parallel lives compendium. We have found that one can have other parallel lives within the same time frame, but in different parts of the world, on a different time line with different conclusions.
We are but holograms living in a holographical universe.

Cheers

Malai5

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkHelmet
For instance all these Geniuses that we have like Tesla and other famous historical figures, what if they were actually me or you, but we haven't realised it yet. What if we are catapulted through time, back in the early 1500's, find that noone has discovered the "New World" and you lead a voyage there. You find during the voyage that you are INDEED Christopher Colombus.

Great science fiction, lousy fact.

Language and living styles have changed drastically over the centuries and you couldn't understand or speak the English of those days (not easily.) Things we take for granted (baths/showers/sewer systems) were unavailable back then and your digestive system would get the runs from their food (which wasn't cooked or kept under sanitary conditions.)

...and that's just to start...

new topics

<< 1   >>

join