It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: The prequel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I've been waiting for this movie for years....

Finally!!!

Another story by Hunter S. Thompson... played by none other then Johnny Depp

And it looks awesome!

Sorry about the ad...

edit on 21-10-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Yeah this film is gonna be a fun one!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Hunter S Thompson committed suicide. It is rumored he became involved in the darker side of the Bilderburg Group and partook of rituals and whatever they do there to get a person to sell their own soul...anyway shortly after he became deeply involved he killed himself. I think he was somehow connected in the Franklin Scandal as well which people say was bogus but some MK Ultra guy got like a million in a settlement so I am not so sure about that. I am looking forward to this movie as well. I try to figure what sort of drug and high and hedonism caused him to go over the edge. Of course I can only speculate. It isn't pretty though.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
you just made my day and night.only one of the best movies ever.i am stoked dude.yeeeesssss

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Naah... way too mild. Hunter will spin in his hammock.

Looks like a cross between Club Med and James Bond. Pass. (on this movie)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by robomont

Ya man, totally one of my all time favorite movies...

Lets hope this lives up to its expectations...

Some seriously BIG shoes to fill though

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Watch where the buffalo roams! bill murry! lol

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
It looks interesting, but I will proceed with caution without Terry Gilliam. What other work has this director done? Anyone know?
edit on 21-10-2011 by notquiteright because: correction

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by robomont

Ya man, totally one of my all time favorite movies...

Lets hope this lives up to its expectations...

Some seriously BIG shoes to fill though

you are absolutely right.thank god they didnt try to replace depp.i just wish i could have partied with hunter before he died.that man knew how to have a good time.wow.got a rush just thinkin about it.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by notquiteright
It looks interesting, but I will proceed with caution without Terry Gilliam. What other work has this director done? Anyone know?
edit on 21-10-2011 by notquiteright because: correction

Answering my own question:

According to IMDB, it appears as though Bruce Robinson has been an actor since the late 60's, but is only credited with directing four films, including the Rum Diaries. Definitely with caution.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Oh yes, I will be going to the theaters so see this!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrksstudios
Watch where the buffalo roams! bill murry! lol

Absolutely... And Depp in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is verbatim with the book. But the ultimate Gonzo Journalism is to be found in any of his works. This movie looks watered down.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
hell yeah, i'm glad you saw this OP, i didn't even know it was in the works!

I love the books, the fear and loathing movie, and where the buffalo roam. Where the buffalo roam from what i get is based off of Fear and loathing on the campaign trail 72, which i think i like better than las vegas. Sucks my novel got all rained on when i was in high school though, still readable, just a lot of warped pages/. ):

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Wait, what?

Are you high?

Hunter said repeatedly throughout his life that he'd rather kill himself than live past the age of 65 and once he was that age, he shot himself.

Nothing to do with freaky deaky conspiracies or anything, just a guy who made a promise and followed through on it. Please leave your BS out of this thread.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Easy boys, this is a celebration thread... i've been waiting for this movie for far too long...

No being pissy in my thread... only partying is allow'd..

so have a beer, and await the comming of what i hope will be a frickin awesome movie

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Deutchland ubbe alles!

Germany for all!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
SO is Depp playing Raul again?
Is it part of the same story or another story all together named as a sequal/prequal???

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

Its another story, with JD as Raul duke...

Something that happened prior to the events in FALILV

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Then this is the first i've heard of this and I cannot wait.
The first movie is awesome.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Sorry my man.

Anyway, honestly? I saw Fear a few times and I still honestly don't know what the hell is going on. Two guys go to Vegas because one has to write an article about something happening there and they decide to get drunk and high. That's pretty much it.

If Hunter himself was talking about it in an interview then it'd sound like a somewhat cool anecdote but releasing it as a book and then a movie?

That'd be like me releasing something about one of my annual one day drinking sessions I used to have between 2002 and 2008 called the Alcoholocaust. Which would rightfully get panned as just complete nonsense that no one wants to hear about.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join