It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how TVtropes ruins your life(from Conspiratorial viewpoints)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Well! TVtropes is one of the most addictive website that I ever know, and there's something terrible about TVtropes: it shoved down official/mainstream/accepted views and perception of reality to visitor's throat as usual and you know, this reality is actually far from linear and didn't just come with physical part of this reality. and the views of the reality that TVtropes shoved down to viewer's throats is actually Pseudo-skeptic ones where the only things that exists and happens in reality(according to TVtropes) is: those according to Mainstream Media, Mainstream Scientific Establishments, and Political Correctness

what do you think?
edit on 20/10/2011 by masonicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

Wait, what?

Sorry, I'm not understanding you. Can you try that one again?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I've never heard of TVtropes.
Also, I'm not quite sure I'm following you.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

TV tropes is here: tvtropes.org...

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Never got the whole TVtropes is "addictive" thing. Personally I find the site boring myself. I might skim one or two articles if someone gives a link. Maybe use it in a debate, its funny how Media tropes can reflect perfectly on real life tropes.

Anywho, I don't spend maybe 10 minuets on the site every odd blue moon or so.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Kind of missed the point of your thread.

So is this website dealing with reality or not?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonicon

Originally posted by GmoS719

TV tropes is here: tvtropes.org...

So you're telling people to go the the things your complaining about?

Hrmm, sounds like... ADVERTISEMENT!!!!

No but really, umm.. what is it, a stupid imdb thing in wiki format? I'm not spending enough time there to learnize it, and I have my own eztv website that does me fine...

so...

so...

it sounds even worse after reading

What is this about? This wiki is a catalog of the tricks of the trade for writing fiction.

Tropes are devices and conventions that a writer can reasonably rely on as being present in the audience members' minds and expectations. On the whole, tropes are not clichés. The word clichéd means "stereotyped and trite." In other words, dull and uninteresting. We are not looking for dull and uninteresting entries. We are here to recognize tropes and play with them, not to make fun of them.

The wiki is called "TV Tropes" because TV is where we started. Over the course of a few years, our scope has crept out to include other media. Tropes transcend television. They reflect life. Since a lot of art, especially the popular arts, does its best to reflect life, tropes are likely to show up everywhere.

We are not a stuffy encyclopedic wiki. We're a buttload more informal. We encourage breezy language and original thought. There Is No Such Thing As Notability, and no citations are needed. If your entry cannot gather any evidence by the Wiki Magic, it will just wither and die. Until then, though, it will be available through the Main Tropes Index.

We are also not a wiki for bashing things. Once again, we're about celebrating fiction, not showing off how snide and sarcastic we can be.

Enough about what we are not. Go on, have a look at the welcome page, and have fun!

edit on 20/10/2011 by Ha`la`tha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goldcurrent
Kind of missed the point of your thread.

So is this website dealing with reality or not?

it also deals with Reality

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Hope I'm understanding this correctly but because you don't believe in rational thought, logical conclusions and factual evidence, none of the things that this TV Tropes website debunks as BS is true and that your average nutjob who believes in 9/11 and Illuminati conspiracies is the one telling the truth?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
It's kinda like Snopes in that there are articles in themed sections, only instead of urban legends this dissects/details themes and devices in television and film. It's a good site but I honestly don't know how it can be addictive, yet alone subversive, given that - like Snopes - I have no idea what you're meant to do once you run out of articles to read as there are only SO MANY on there.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

that your average nutjob who believes in 9/11 and Illuminati conspiracies is the one telling the truth?

Yes!

new topics

top topics

join