It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocktober????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Well I enjoy reading the shape of things to come even thought they are a bit wordy. Issue 12 V0 galaksija.com... describes things really picking up this month. Not in the sort of way of cosmic alignments and all the other other worldly stuff I have read here but in terms of human intervention. They say this month will be the catalyst for the 2nd American Revolution to begin. They actually deem it Shocktober
. I feel like this has really fallen short with less then 2 weeks left in the month. Does anyone actually think that something like the OWS movement could really have that big of an impact. Seems to me like a lot of the protestors are career protestors not the major populace of the U.S....guess there wasnt any free tibet rallys going on

So what are others thoughts that this may be it? Are we truly experiencing history....and not in the History Channel way that history is made every day haha? Seems like another miss to me.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I am of the opinion that the people who have to gall to make predictions put their reputation on the line because they feel so strongly about something. That's great I applaud them. Me, I wouldn't do that until I knew for a fact 110% that S-was ready-THTF, but that's me.

When they make those predictions and nothing happens I am grateful that someone let me know what the worse case scenario was or could have been for when ever. Let's face it, Humanity is Frail. We could go at any minute from something we did or something we were destined to deal with. So be it.

The best thing Any of us can do is prepare to take care of our family in the best way we know how. If you fail to plan you plan to fail and I couldn't do that to my family.

Let them look like a group of Motley Fools and mean while make sure you can survive regardless.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Randellg

I dont mean to denigrate them in any way.... I guess I just meant I feel like OWS cant possibly be a world changer. Believe me I am not hoping for any of it either. Just wondered if others may feel like its gunna get bigger or is more influential than I think...or was I missing some event totally

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by onfire49

I'm seriously beginning to wonder how these people are going to survive in real life. Bills don't stop coming. You need to eat. Are they protesting in shifts? I can't miss work or I am hurting.

Sure, we all know times are tough and the Government sucks at thinking about the working class. Its unfortunately been the mantra for all of us for a Very long time now. Whether they are actually making a difference? That's yet to be seen. Get organized. Get a leader. Make things happen the same way the Lobbyists have been doing for years.

Make your voice Heard. Don't BS. Step up and work within their system with the Absolute Loudest voice you can have as a nation and let the politicians know enough is enough. Live like a single mother with how many ever kids and a crappy job. See the world through someone else's eyes. Someone who can't afford gas and bills and food with every check. Circumstances are bad for normal people.

STOP giving hand outs. Start creating jobs some how. We don't care how. Make people earn their keep. Re-establish a SOLID version of the CCC (Civilian Conservation Corps) and abolish welfare. There's plenty to do. Half the nation's infrastructure is in horrid condition. Bridges, parks, roads. etc. Advocate victory gardens for all citizens. Pass out free seeds. Stop the mindless dependency on Government programs. It's just that simple.

Make the 1st and 15th a joke for everyone not just the people who refuse to take handouts. Re-establish the American spirit we once had for our nation. The person that can Stand up and make that happen will become the voice of reason and the Hard truth we all need to hear. We have gotten fat, whinny and LAZY. I grew up on food stamps, both parents busted their butts to take care of their kids and now I REFUSE to take handouts because I believe if I don't take care of myself no one else will. Never been on unemployment. Never considered it.

I Absolutely HATE whiners. In the time it took you to complain about the problem, you could have been working on a way to fix it.

Don't protest. Organize. Stand up and preserve what dignity we have left as a nation and make things happen.

But, that's just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Randellg
reply to post by onfire49

STOP giving hand outs. Start creating jobs some how. We don't care how. Make people earn their keep. Re-establish a SOLID version of the CCC (Civilian Conservation Corps) and abolish welfare. There's plenty to do. Half the nation's infrastructure is in horrid condition. Bridges, parks, roads. etc. Advocate victory gardens for all citizens. Pass out free seeds. Stop the mindless dependency on Government programs. It's just that simple.

I cant agree more with this point. I have been saying for years people should be working for the welfare benefits unless they are truly unable. This whole stimulus should have been used to make the homies and those who have decided welfare is a decent way to live acquire some sort of resume and job skills by making them shovel gravel or pound nails or something. But then you have the trendies who like to insert all these supposed constitutional rights, like everyone has a right to money and material things regardless of whether they provide any benefit to the world. There should be depression era type work welfare programs or we should do away with welfare completely. Then see how long the cycle of poverty takes to be broken....although my belief is a good number of the criminals on welfare would just resort to crime then instead of trying to make something of themselves. To bad all the bad apples ruin a program that would be great for down on their luck Americans

new topics

top topics

join