It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Name that plane!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

My feelings aren't hurt. I just wish that something cool could be found. With online videos being so common now, you would think that every now and then something very cool would sneak out for us to see. I thought this was it.

Ah, I hear you. And good. Just making sure. Sometimes I put my foot down too hard sometimes, you know?

But yeah, I know what you mean. There are bound to be a few out there, with something special on them... Now, I admit, I don't know if this is one of those things or not. The evidence ( In my opinion) suggests it is not.

But I admit, I too am hoping for evidence that suggests it could be something more, for the same reason you are. It would just be cool to find something like that.

For what it is worth, I swear I have seen this video on ATS before. I just can't remember where or when exactly. let me do some searching. If I find it, I will post it. maybe that thread had some other ideas and thoughts?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I think I have just inadvertently debunked this...

I found the same video... and the audio... is no doubt different.... Seems that it was dubbed over in the video from your OP...

(You have to click the link to go to youtube because embedding is disabled for this one)

This is the thread I found it in.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry to burst your bubble... But the fact that there are a couple different versions floating around, with two different sets of audio,does not bode well for the legitimacy of this video.
edit on 21-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Good find...and please note the date of upload of that video...in 2008.

Having noted, though....even if the (possibly) dubbed soundtrack is better laid down in the 2008 version, still have to deal with the red/green navigation lights, and the improbable location for what is passing as a "strobe" light.

Just to clarify for non-pilots, assuming this were a real airplane, the cockpit would likely be in front (seems logical).

Therefore, the last place you would want a white strobe light would be, just underneath the cockpit. (Distracting, in certain conditions. Of course, can be turned off, but still....placing it there in the first place makes no sense).

In any case, convention for white strobes, when turned on, is to locate at the wingtips. And, as I said in certain conditions (in clouds at night, for example) we turn them off, due to the reflections.

And of course, a real stealth airplane would operate with no lights at all, for obvious reasons, when on a mission.

One more thing, the angle was bad, short clip....but I saw no steady white lights which, if the red and green were illuminated, would also be on....they are designed to be viewed within a specific angle, when aft of the airplane.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

I am thinking the one from 2008 is the original and the one from this OP, is the one with the dubbed audio.

But as for the lights...

That is what is getting me. The lights. If it were not for them I would have my mind made up that it is that little drone thing that takes aerial photos, that davespanners showed us. It looks just like it, I think...

Except for the lights. I wonder if some one could have wired one to have those lights on it and mistakenly put the red and green lights on the wrong sides?

edit on 22-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Being in any other country (other than USA) is not relevant; it is an international standard, the lighting configurations.

Similar to maritime rules.

it all depends on whatever this thing is classed as .

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

Although I would question why someone would put nav lights on a drone. if it's supposed to go around unnoticed

Perhaps an attempt at a hoax? The video has been floating around sine at least 2008 and now we can see, the more recently uploaded one in the OP, has an audio overdub.

So, the youtuber who uploaded the more recent one, I think we can say, is attempting a hoax.... However, the one from 2008, also claims to be a black project aircraft....

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

About a month ago, my daughter called (I wasn't home at the time) and asked me about this aircraft her and my wife had just observed. It had an unusual shape to it that she described as being like a B-2. We had one fly over our area earlier in the summer for some nearby airshow that was going on, so they both knew what a B-2 looks like. I asked her to sketch it out and I would take a look at it later. That craft in the video is exactly what she drew. When I saw the video, that is the first thing I thought of. I had them look at the video and my wife isn't so sure, but my daughter had a better look at it and said she is 99% sure that is what she saw. The one they saw was much higher, about the elevation of a passenger jet crossing the area(mid-flight I suppose). It was mid afternoon on a mostly clear day. The sound of the craft caused them to look up and they described the sound as more of a rumble (louder I guess) than a typical passenger jet. They both agree the sound and shape were different than any other aircraft that have flown over. We live near Flint Michigan and have a number of aircraft flying over, either taking off or landing at Bishop airport about 15 miles to the east. This was much higher than anything coming or going to Bishop. The nearest military airbase is Selfridge about 60 miles to the SE. The craft was flying N to S. Could have been heading to Selfridge I suppose. I didn't see it but after watching the video and after what they told me, I don't think its CGI or a model. I think it could be legit.

edit on 22-10-2011 by Rustbelt because: changed plane to aircraft, not sure what it was, but definately something

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Its an RC toy plane... its only 12 seconds long? oh yeah we see that plane everyday for it to be short video

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join