It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Name that plane!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Bullcookies

Maybe he panned over to look at another plane and cut the video so he would only upload the cool one.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Maybe?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

The crowd seems pretty uninterested if they are seeing some top secret air craft flying around... Why would they pan away from some amazing sighting of a top secret air craft to see a different air craft?

That does not make sense...

cn1.kaboodle.com...

That is an airhog and it does have a similar shape.

Who is to say there is not some other brand out there with that same/similar shape, only with lights and no cheap plastic propellers on the front?

And as the previous poster said, there is an RC plane that can reach 360 MPH.

It has been shown to you that there are RC planes out there with a similar shape to the craft in the video... Are you at least willing to admit the possibility that it is an RC plane?
edit on 20-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
As gst said, theres a lot of RC craft with that shape like

and

This one

Even has a video camera in it

As for it being detailed for a toy
RC people dont think of them as toys and anyway.. thats not detailed. THIS is detailed

Edit to add, the props become more or less invisible when they are up to speed, certainly on a bad quality video
edit on 20-10-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

There would still have to be a propeller somewhere that would break up the silhouette. Maybe they weren't interested because it was just a UCAV debut at an airshow?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

The black one looks like it could be it. Do you have a video of it flying or the name of it so I can look for one?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend

There would still have to be a propeller somewhere that would break up the silhouette. Maybe they weren't interested because it was just a UCAV debut at an airshow?

Or maybe because it is an RC plane and they are paying attention to the jet that is really making all that noise?

Ah, dave, good find that shows there are many similar RC planes.. Same question. Do you know the name of that black plane?

Also, I want that RC jet in that video! I would crash it in two seconds but it would be an awesome two seconds

edit on 20-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

The last one is called a swinglet and its a really serious bit of kit. auto take off auto land and it can construct a 3d model of the landscape its flown over afterwards
swinglet

They also do one that can measure atmospheric conditions, maybe we could save up and by one for the chemtrail people

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Well looking at the video, there's clearly no propeller, so what leads you folks to believe it's RC? I personally believe there's a good chance this is whats been responsible for all the strange noises in the sky, and that this bad boy makes sound seem like a slowpoke.
edit on 20-10-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

The last one is called a swinglet and its a really serious bit of kit. auto take off auto land and it can construct a 3d model of the landscape its flown over afterwards
swinglet

They also do one that can measure atmospheric conditions, maybe we could save up and by one for the chemtrail people

That is actually really cool!

here, I found a video of some one flying it. It shows more how it works, than how it flies but it does have some shots of it flying.

This thing is cool. It flies on its own, lands on its own,pilots itself. I want one!!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
Well looking at the video, there's clearly no propeller, so what leads you folks to believe it's RC? I personally believe there's a good chance this is whats been responsible for all the strange noises in the sky, and that this bad boy makes sound seem like a slowpoke.
edit on 20-10-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

Honestly, I am very open to suggestions and ideas. As I said in an earlier post, I really know nothing about aircraft and RC aircraft, I am really only presenting a possibility.

As you see there are RC planes that share that same exact shape, so it is not unreasonable to suggest that the one in the OP's videoo may be an RC as well. Granted, if there is a propeller it is hard to see.

But that could be because the picture is dark and if the propeller is dark as well, with how fast it is moving, it may just blend right in...

I am open to any evidence of it being something else. What you got?

As for your idea that this thing could be behind the strange noises in the sky. Let's say for a moment that this is a video of an actual aircraft. Not an RC.

Well, I have seen many videos that have the strange noise you refer to. None of them sound like a jet engine. None of them sound like the noise in this video. So why do you think this craft is responsible for the the strange noises?
edit on 21-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
It is most likely a custom build or kit build of a flying wing R/C plane.

For example, this is a custom built remote control replica of a Horten 229 Flying Wing. It does not use propellers.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Scratch that, I couldn't hear the people talking on my crappy speakers, but that changes everything now that I hear them, it may be a new drone plane at a airshow?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Hoaxes using models try not to show background so the scale of the object is difficult to estimate. All we see is sky and the plane. Port/starboard light reversals say that the assembler wired the LED's in the wrong wings of his model.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

That's what I was thinking, but every seems to think it's a toy.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Problem is, when it comes to (especially) YouTube videos, sound tracks can be dubbed....say, for instance, something actually recorded at a real Air Show....then, dubbed into that video clip of something entirely different.

Many, many so-called "UFO" video hoaxes employ the same sort of deception.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by Nobama

That's what I was thinking, but every seems to think it's a toy.

I hope I did not hurt your feelings. If so, I apologize. I have my opinion,but like I said, I am very open to other ideas. It is just at this point most evidence presented has suggested that it is an RC plane.

Evidence has been provided, showing that there are lots of RC planes out there with the same design.... Or at least similar.

And while I have no evidence of the audio being dubbed over... Something about it... Just seems dubbed over.... The sound just seems.... too powerful or something
I would actually love to see the evidence of it being something else.

Some one suggested the possibility of it being a drone. Maybe a new one being unveiled at an airshow?

The closest I am able to find, are these

RAVEN DELTA-WING UAV

the Taranis air vehicle

Now, the thing is with these, they do not quite match what is in the video. They are all triangle shaped... But the one in the video. The back end is much different than these. Can anyone find a drone that looks more like the one in the video?

Honestly the closest that has been found is this one.

It is a small drone used for taking aerial photos and even reading atmospheric conditions.

When I say small, I mean small enough to hold in your hands. In fact that is how it takes off. You shake it three times and it starts the engine.

Any ideas folks? I would love to find out what it is for sure.
edit on 21-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

My feelings aren't hurt. I just wish that something cool could be found. With online videos being so common now, you would think that every now and then something very cool would sneak out for us to see. I thought this was it.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

It's definitely a cool looking craft.
UAV was my first guess, but, in consideration of hobbyists with RC models, with all the room in the world to customize those models into near any desirable custom shape that will fly, plus what appears to be a mistake with the lights being backwards, and the sound seemingly dropped in and incorrect for this craft, plus the slight hitch/wobble during flight in the video, I'm on the RC plane wagon with this now.
edit on 21-10-2011 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

To be honest I think the line between RC plane and drone is small or non existent, the one with the GPS I posted more or less is a drone.. So it could be either, depending on who owns it, if it's a "normal" person it's an RC plane if it's an agency than it's a drone

edit...

Although I would question why someone would put nav lights on a drone. if it's supposed to go around unnoticed
edit on 21-10-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join