It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Name that plane!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Is this Aurora? Something else? I've never seen nor heard of anything like it. Possible top secret leak?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Very first impressions after watching is ... faked.

The main reason are the navigation lights. Wrong sides. (Unless it's flying inverted for some reason?)

[Also, possibly "real", but for some reason the video is flipped/reversed? Dunno, need video experts.]

This, based on the apparent movement in the video, from the right to left.

The soundtrack doesn't seem to match the video. That last whooshing sound of a jet's passage near the end of the clip doesn't fit the video. The "whoosh" sound is what something moving much faster than the *thing* in the camera frame is apparently flying.

(Of course, that could be the sound from another jet, off camera....)

edit on Thu 20 October 2011 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

This was taken in Italy, so it claims. Does that account for the navigation lights being backwards? Why doesn't the sound track match the video? The swoosh was the pilot accelerating.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Looks like one of the UAV X projects, but not an identical match to anything I've found so far.

Here's a link to the Boeing X-45 UAV, though that isn't it:
X-45

There's some links toward the bottom of that wiki that go to other UAV projects.
None of them really have this configuration though, and the video doesn't give any frame of reference for size.

The video characteristics make the vehicle 'feel' like a scale model RC jet where the sound of the engine seems dropped in for effect. It's probably genuine in comparison to UAV designs, but, there's an element of fishy to it.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Being in any other country (other than USA) is not relevant; it is an international standard, the lighting configurations.

Similar to maritime rules.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
That the sound is different could be due the shape of the craft.
It looks like its going slow.
That doesn't look like cgi.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Red is port (left), green is starboard (right). Those lights are flipped.
I'd go for RC something-or-other at an airshow while some other real jet is flying (that's what you're hearing in the background.

Dunno why, but I feel that it's off aerodynamically if it were a real aircraft. Made from lightweight polystyrene you might get away with it - which is why I think it's a toy.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
that is one nice looking jet. No idea who's jet it is think it might be American could be some German build for all I know. Its about time some good clear video's come out of some black projects. Looks kinda like a next gen stealth bomber or b2 or equivalent. Odds of it being American i would think slim why would they fly over other countries with a secret jet unless there going to Iran or something.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Badgered1

That would need to be a nicely detailed toy. It looks like a real airplane. Any ideas on what toy it could be, or what airplane it could be?

Btw, I've seen radio controlled airplanes in flight before, my ex played with them, they're never that stable unless they're the huge expensive ones.
edit on 20-10-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Well, maybe it is an expensive one, that would explain both the decent detail and the stability.

I admit, I don't know anything about aircraft. My knowledge of RC aircraft is a toy RC helicopter that I have.

But something about this video does look fake.. Like an RC air craft...
edit on 20-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I think it's more likely that this thing really does exist, and someone on this site knows. I looked over all the UCAVs that I could find, and some look similar but none match.

What makes it look like an r/c aircraft?
edit on 20-10-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Whether it is real black-project jet or one really cool R/C Model Kit I can't say. But I do see something on this video that is very familiar to other videos I've seen over the years.

THE TIMER!!!

Why can't anyone invent a video camera that has the ability to film something this clear for more than 10-30 seconds?

Maybe when little Green men come to earth from the moon they will bring such technology to our people. Actually maybe we could swap that tech for a few gift cards to Starbucks?
edit on 20-10-2011 by Toolatetotalk because: Spelling Error

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

The shape just reminds me of other RC planes I have seen.

www.instructables.com...
cn1.kaboodle.com...

Granted these are not the best examples, but I have seen other RC planes with similar shape to the one in your video.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I don't know.....

I'm not sure why anyone would produce a non-scale design with lights on it and such. Seems kind of a bad marketing idea don't you think?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

No, air hogs does pretty good for themselves making rc planes with non scale original designs.

www.airhogs.com...

They even have an RC UFO.

In fact, the second link in my previous post is an airhogs RC plane....

My RC helicopter is an a design not based on any existing heli model and it has lights on it.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird

Being in any other country (other than USA) is not relevant; it is an international standard, the lighting configurations.

Similar to maritime rules.

And if i were to make a top secret airplane, then this is exactly the thing i would do to get people to scream hoax.

But seriously i have really no idea if this is real or not.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
engines sound are from a different type of aircraft, one with augmenter in use, i.e. "afterburners". The only other engine that would sound similar to this would be a turbojet like on the old Boeing 737-200 series. All current know military aircraft use fan jets some augmented some not. By design this one would not be augmented, I won't bore you with the science and math of aerodynamics as to why, The navigation lights are wrong and there appear to be a strobe near the front of the aircraft, highly unusual. Now a personal thought. Did he run out of film or digital space, why did they stop filming when they did, very odd?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I just searched through a few hundred of these things on a large website, and I didn't see any that looked like that one. They also didn't have lights on any of them.

That thing is moving kind of fast to be a toy, don't you think?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend

I just searched through a few hundred of these things on a large website, and I didn't see any that looked like that one. They also didn't have lights on any of them.

That thing is moving kind of fast to be a toy, don't you think?
The R/C Jetcat P160E can reach a speed of around 360 mph.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

cn1.kaboodle.com...

That is an airhog and it does have a similar shape.

Who is to say there is not some other brand out there with that same/similar shape, only with lights and no cheap plastic propellers on the front?

And as the previous poster said, there is an RC plane that can reach 360 MPH.

I used to have a gas powered RC car that maxed out at over 100 mph... I say used to because it is really hard to steer an RC car going that fast. I crashed it

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join