It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Share the Freeness - Email from my credit union about November 5th

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Figured I would share this email with everybody, as I see alot about Nov 5th... Whether it be killing facebook, or Bank Transfer day... both are great things to look forward to this coming Nov 5th

Remember, remember the 5th of November

Dear "Morder1", You've probably seen some of the press recently about banks that are raising fees or deposit requirements. Some stories tell of banks charging $5 per month for a debit card while others are offering the cards for "free" as long as a $20,000 deposit is maintained. They can get away with this because they’ve learned that customers aren't likely to go through the time-consuming and inconvenient steps to take their business elsewhere.

Now things are different. Consumers have had enough of “Big Banks” taking advantage of them. In 1934, a similar sentiment led to 22 people, tired of being ripped off by banks, to pool $90.00 to form PSECU. Today, we stand over 370,000 members strong and still believe in the power of people.

At PSECU, we know you work hard for your money, so we are always looking for ways to save you. It’s why we have free checking, free debit cards, free ATMs, free access and low-cost choices for FinancingLifeSM. (I explain all our membership benefits in a short video.) See psecu.com/be-free for more details.

I hope you’ll consider sharing this e-mail and invite your family and friends to join the movement to something better and continue our story.

Sincerely, Gregory A. Smith President and Fellow PSECU Member

P.S. -- Anyone in Pennsylvania can join and it's easy. Saturday, November 5, is National Bank Transfer Day, and we'll have special hours - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. - to help your friends and family switch over to PSECU.

Notice the P.S.? They are ready to accept new members, and even being open on special hours... Pretty cool, im glad ive been a member for 10+ yrs now...

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Damn, I like their initiative

If I lived there, I would consider switching. It's about time, we see a Banking Business, put our concerns first.

I use a local single branch bank, in my small town nearby...love it.
edit on 20-10-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I'm self employed and have been using Wells Fargo for over ten years but not anymore. Future deposits will be to my local credit union. Once I get everything up and running there I will burn up whatever cash is left in my Wells Fargo account and just leave it a zero. I'm sure they will do just fine without me but at least I will not be contributing to the problem of all the banksters running our government any more.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing this. I love that your bank is having special hours on November 5th!

It's wonderful how the word has gotten around. Brace yourself Bank of America!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Yeah I hope BoA goes downnnn!

Although, wont that just leave one of the other 2 major bank cartels to swoop in?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Now THIS is exactly the type of thing I advocate.

Businesses and individuals using the power of capitalism to it's fullest potential.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Credit Unions are the only way to go. Been with mine for 13 years (since I was 15) - and I have convinced everyone I know to switch over. Better everything!
As others said - awesome initiative on your CUs part!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by cybro

Make sure you close your account.
If you just empty it, WF will start charging you fees.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Ummm I hate to tell you guys this.. But..

You do realise that most credit unions are the same banks you keep your money in, right?

Perfect example... Wells Fargo. It is not only my bank, but it is my credit union also.

So baisicly, you're taking your money from one crook and handing it over to another... Banks and Credit unions are pretty much the same thing. Majority credit unions carry the same names as most main stream banks. Many that do not, are imply name changed but are owned by still, you guessed it.... Those same damned banks.

Wake up people. Still the same damned BS, just a diffrent color and lots of incense to mask the smell. Oh yeah.. they put a bow tie on it too.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Do you have any evidence to back this?

Who are you to tell us to wake up?

Are you a BOA teller?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Now THIS is exactly the type of thing I advocate.

Businesses and individuals using the power of capitalism to it's fullest potential.

Exactly.

As long as there are honest humans left, we can turn things around and use our $$$ to vote in a better system and to bleed the beast dry.

It would work in theory, but how will it turn out in practice?

I assure you the Big Banks will not sit by and allow this. They will go to any means to survive, whether it be by using threats to get Congress to sign a trillion dollars over to them, or by using decoys, infiltrators, and provocateurs to create instability and other problems to take the heat off of them even if for a temporary moment.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit

Do you have any evidence to back this?

Who are you to tell us to wake up?

Are you a BOA teller?

Ummm Evidence? Yeah, I could show you my account information for my credit union and my bank.. But, i'm not going to. Do a lil leg work yourself. I know what I'm saying is correct. You dont have to believe me if you dont. I'll make it easy for you... I'll even tell you how. Just simply look up Credit Union in google, compare the bank names that are familiar, or simply pick a bank and read their site and I'm quite sure you'll find examples of partnerships and or evidence to back up what you apparently dont understand. Most people who know where they're putting their money and not just tossing it in random said bank... understand and already know this.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

This is perfect.

I know what I'm saying is correct.

Bah...who needs evidence to claims when you can just tell people to "Google it".

Empty argument.

I don't think you know what a credit union is. Maybe you should Google that?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit

This is perfect.

I know what I'm saying is correct.

Bah...who needs evidence to claims when you can just tell people to "Google it".

Empty argument.

If you're too [SNIP] to look it up yourself... It's common knowledge..

The sky is blue... Need proof?

Or do I need to send you pictures of that too.

You see, here is, in itself, a big problem that indirectly, or directly relates to the issues at hand...

It's called....

[SNIP]

Cant you do anything for yourself? Hmmm I think this concept has been brought up numerous times in these same forums. (once again.. you can do your own leg work if you need proof of that too) This is the problem... Everyone expects things to be handed to them. If you were doing anything more than trying to hold on to your assumption of "what we should all do", I would actually take the time and show you proof of what I'm saying... But since it's a crybaby tactic in hopes that I'm not correct, I'll leave you to your own devices.

So, dont ask me for proof. I'm the guy tellin you how you're incorrect... If you wanna cry about it, simply pick up your own trail and see where things lead. THEN PROVE ME WRONG. That would be a hell of alot more fun than having me cram the proof down your gullette that you probably wouldnt accept anyways. So be it.

I am no more handing you a baseless argument than you are leading people to think they have alternatives in a credit union when they are in the same boat as banks... They ARE the banks... it's the same thing! They're owned by the same companies, they just dont distribute money the same way a bank does.

When you goto a carwash, you dont get a vacume and a wash in the same stall. It's the same with banks and unions.

No buddy boy... I don't think YOU know what a credit union is. Maybe YOU should Google that... I've been dealing with a bank/credit union, from the sounds of it, longer than you've been alive. I need no schooling.
edit on 21-10-2011 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/24/2011 by dbates because: Edited rude comments.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
1 Bank 2 Credit Unions Fail

Failed Banks and Credit Unions

For those who think that Credit Unions are a better alternative thank banks...

Here is a helpful link:

Lists of Credit Unions by State

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Thinking about closing my Chase account.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
That's my credit union! Love PSECU. No physical branches near me, and I have yet to visit one. Definitely look into it if you live in Pennsylvania.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

This is my first time going here... but here goes.

Your sir, are an idiot!

You spout nonsense about credit unions being the same as the big banks and get all butthurt when someone asks for evidence, then provide 2 links to failed credit unions?

OMG Some credit unions failed?!?! That is so irrelevant to the topic i am going to assume everything you say is right!

That's how logic works right?

Wells Fargo. It is not only my bank, but it is my credit union also.

Wells Fargo is NOT and never has been a credit union.

Wells Fargo is one of the Big Four banks of the United States with Bank of America, Citigroup and JP Morgan Chase.

Source - Wiki

Since you have decided to live in fantasy land where what you say is what it is, let me bring you back to this nice cozy place us rational people call Earth.

Credit unions are different from banks; when you deposit your money, you're actually buying shares of the company. Rather than being a customer, you're part owner: That's why your account is called a "share." There's no board of directors or corporate interest controlling the credit union's choices because members agree upon everything. Even the executives and directors are volunteers, elected by vote.

Credit unions aren't run for profit, which means a lot of the concerns and scary decisions of larger banks never even come up. Of course, "not for profit" isn't the same as a "nonprofit" organization since credit unions don't rely on donations. Any profits are what allow credit unions to offer better rates on loans and savings, typically lower fees and other advantages. At the end of the year, any revenues beyond this are distributed to the membership through dividends.

Source

/Drops mic and walks off stage.

DC

edit on 10/21/2011 by xDeadcowx because: just cuz

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by xDeadcowx

Sorry but that was just too sweet to pass up!

Loved the ending, classic.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

All I see from your evidence is that when a credit union fails, it may be purchased by a bank. At that point, it ceases being a credit union. By law, they are then required to let their customers know of the acquisition, and I imagine that the name would have to be changed if "Credit Union" is in the name.

Also....what DeadCow said.
edit on 21-10-2011 by reluctantflux because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join