It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

will ATS/BTS ever use flash technology???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
sry if this has been discussed before (which i am shure it has) but i was wondering if ATS/BTS will ever use flash technology in the web-pages itself???

with flash (im shure you guys and gals know this already but im realy board tonight) you can make movies (for example, a person can make an intro movie for ATS were classified info and bush and above top secret stuff fly around and all hell breaks loose) and interactive menues (which would be a REALY nice touch to ATS/BTS) and some other cool things that i cant remember now because i forgot everything i learned in my computer class

so just in case you readers forgot my original question because of the last paragraph, here it is again: will ATS/BTS ever use flash technology???

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I'm thinking they won't.

Due to the larger file sizes and the amount of unique connections per day the server costs would sky rocket instantly. It's better to keep the site small in size so it can provide more content.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I'm very familiar with Flash, and have used it a lot over the years. To get an idea of how deep I'm into flash, do a search on "Future Splash"... I was a beta tester of that particular thing. Flash content is invisible to Goolge, and since Google is our friend, flash is not a good idea for anything that contains content or links in an online community.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I'm very familiar with Flash, and have used it a lot over the years. To get an idea of how deep I'm into flash, do a search on "Future Splash"... I was a beta tester of that particular thing.

Flash content is invisible to Goolge, and since Google is our friend, flash is not a good idea for anything that contains content or links in an online community.

i would LOVE to see your flash movies SkepticOverlord do you have any???

also what do you mean by "Flash content is invisible to Goolge" and "flash is not a good idea for anything that contains content or links in an online community"???

thanks...

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
He means that google doesn't/can't search text strings within Flash. maybe there should be an alternate version 'Flashovertopsecret.com'

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ezekial
He means that google doesn't/can't search text strings within Flash. maybe there should be an alternate version 'Flashovertopsecret.com'

o0o i get it...

GOOD MOVE SkepticOverlord!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Can this be taken as a disadvantage to searching with google?

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun

Can this be taken as a disadvantage to searching with google?

Yes. Google wouldnt be able to see what we have on this site and people will not be able to find ATS by searching for a subject. Also the Google ads on the right hand side would not work.

top topics

join