It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battlefield Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I was watching the movie Battlefield Earth awhile back, and I noticed how similar it was to the Sumerian conspiracy. They enslaved mankind and made us mine for gold. In the movie, they never really specify what the gold was used for, maybe it was for their atmosphere to make it breathable for them. The movie stars John Travolta, Forest Whitaker and Barry Pepper , It was written by L Ron Hubbard......Could it be that L Ron Hubbard is trying to tell us something , is he making a prediction for 2012 ? Is this the reason why TPTB are buying up all the gold, are they preparing for something ? I personally don't believe in the Sumerian conspiracy, but it's weird how similar the movie is to the Sumerian conspiracy, maybe he got the idea for the movie, from the book Chariots Of The Gods, who really knows. If you never seen the Movie Battlefield Earth , you should watch it , It's really really good .

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by bdb818888

I thought the movie totally blew. Just my opinion.

Try reading the book. It's much better and details a few things as well.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Books are always better than the movies , but I will read it .

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I'm sorry...I usually dont criticize on peoples movie choices but I am of the opinion that Battlefield Earth is one of the worst movies ever made. Horrible acting...I mean come on John Travolta (Oh my god!) as an alien give me a break.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

I've seen worse , Thor was really a bad movie. Everyone raved about that movie, and it was awful, I know it didn't have John Travolta in it , I'm just using it as an example.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Beware...it is quite thick and plods at the beginning.

But it does provide a whole lot more than the movie. To be truthful, if the producers wanted to follow the book, the movie would probably have to be a trilogy.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

It's a scientlology movie, written by a scientologist, and starring one of the most active scientologists. The only person missing from the movie was Tom Cruise. It's just like the Narnia books (except no where near as well written) spewing religious claptrap tied up in fantasy wrapping paper.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

At the time I read it, I had no clue as to what scientlology even was. Never had heard of it until shortly after.

I just thought it was a decent Sci-Fi book.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Ill probably check this out, Im a big fan of B movies actually, so the horrible acting etc. is just something Im used to. LR Hubbard apparently had a lot of ties within occult circles, people who claimed they were "illumined", therefore there might be something interesting to gain in this movie. However, Im no fan of Hubbard, but still interesting nonetheless.
I read a long time ago that gold can IN FACT scientifically be used to restore a damaged atmosphere if it is pulverized, then ionized in the upper atmosphere (HAARP), and quite possibly even create one...? Maybe it can be used to terraform another planet, or perhaps use it if something happens to our own.

Hey heres a new conspiracy theory for you guys, STOP STOCKING UP ON FOOD, STOCK UP ON AIR!!!
Maybe these folks in the bunkers below have a air supply to last long enough for them to restore our atmosphere after whatever happens, by using this method...
Meanwhile, those surface dwellers will run out of air.

Maybe Ill start a thread on this. Hah, or if someone else beats me to it, U2U me and Ill contribute.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

Yeah Hubbard wanted to make this movie right after he wrote the book, he wanted to be directly involved in the project citing his experience making his Scientology *cough propaganda cough* training films.

But just because a book has a religious inspiration does not make it more than just the fictional story with a message it is meant to be. The best example of this I think are Tolkien's books which blatantly get their inspiration from Catholicism.

Hubbard was a science fiction writer who injected his books with new age spirituality, and plagiarized pseudo-science. Only a fool would be suckered into believing that the words of a fictitious story are true, but people that know the difference between reality and fantasy take it for what it is...entertainment lined with a positive message.
edit on 20-10-2011 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
this movie is an excellent example of american propaganda.

and yes the united states goverment uses propaganda all the time without its citizens never knowing better

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by bdb818888
Could it be that L Ron Hubbard is trying to tell us something

He's telling us to give him money.

Movies are not bible's - hell even the bible is not the Bible
They're stories. With just enough truth mixed in to keep you busy and confused.

Its all imagination, repackaging, and regurgitation.

Its all a remake, unless it specifically says "sequel", "prequel" or a number cleverly (or not) placed within the title.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye

I'm sorry...I usually dont criticize on peoples movie choices but I am of the opinion that Battlefield Earth is one of the worst movies ever made. Horrible acting...I mean come on John Travolta (Oh my god!) as an alien give me a break.

John & Forrest were both wrong for their parts but it was intentional.

There's more to BE than you'd ever imagine.

Ribbit

Ps: As to the OP's question, Yes! There is more to Gold than is known and when it becomes known, prices will soar.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever

Originally posted by bdb818888
Could it be that L Ron Hubbard is trying to tell us something

He's telling us to give him money.

Movies are not bible's - hell even the bible is not the Bible
They're stories. With just enough truth mixed in to keep you busy and confused.

Its all imagination, repackaging, and regurgitation.

Its all a remake, unless it specifically says "sequel", "prequel" or a number cleverly (or not) placed within the title.

Life is a Remake!

Ribbit

top topics

join