It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you Facebook, for censoring me.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
So I took it upon myself to tag along into a handful of rather irrational decision making tactics being employed by the so-called Cainiacs. I posted a few (5-10) relevant, civil, counter-points in response to what some folks were saying, and not even a few hours later I find that I am now blocked from discussing anything on that page. Even if I click Like I can't comment anymore. Yes, even if I were to suddenly jump onto the Cain train, I wouldn't be able to support him on Facebook. I guess I'll never be a supporter, given that it is now impossible. But don't blame me, blame Facebook.

You see, Facebook is going to take over soon much like the media has in terms of controlling your opinions. It's too big now, and it's been infiltrated by people who don't take you very seriously and it's in the game of stupefying you. Heck, Zuckerberg's sister (who's high up the Facebook food-chain) doesn't even want you to be anonymous on the internet. Their agenda is to put certain people on top alongside the media, and prevent any counter-arguments against the media's brainwashing tactics, much like the media prevents any direct counter-arguments. You'll notice that they don't allow commenting on their articles, they rarely put up polls anymore (and if they do, they hide real-time results), and of course, it's impossible to talk back to a tv screen. So there is no public way of arguing the media's lies. Facebook, is simply taking this same position in brainwashing, by simply preventing any counter-argument where it's necessary, by limiting your access to speak openly.

Just imagine the media and Facebook being a bubble, and what's said in the bubble can be seen, but what's happening outside the bubble doesn't get noticed. Seldom do people who walk into the bubble ever get out, unless opposing supporters make their way in - then of course, they're kicked out once they're seen to be against the bubble's interests.

I'm really lost for words at this realization and honestly don't know if there is any hope left. You're no longer even free to think anymore, with all of the censorship of information, much less speak, with all of the barriers and batons.

Is this really going to be our future?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BeyondPerception

Facebook didn't censor you..whoever ran that page you were trying to comment on censored you.

Same thing happened with me and Palin's page...the admin of that page didn't like a little thing called "facts"...and I was blocked from the page.

But it isn't Facebook that is doing it...it is whoever runs Cain's facebook page.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
When FB censors you, you lose access to your account.
This happened to me, but I was reinstated after 30 days after promising to mind FB's narrow minded perspectives on certain subjects.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Yep, it's the adminstrator who blocked you.
Same thing happened to me on the facebook page of a person running for Lt. Gov. in my state.
They don't want to read anything derogatory to their opinions.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by BeyondPerception

Facebook didn't censor you..whoever ran that page you were trying to comment on censored you.

Same thing happened with me and Palin's page...the admin of that page didn't like a little thing called "facts"...and I was blocked from the page.

But it isn't Facebook that is doing it...it is whoever runs Cain's facebook page.

Oh, so this is actually Cain's campaign operators who are carrying out such actions? I can understand that if I was spamming, or being offensive, or abusive, or off-topic, that would call for such a decision, but censoring simply due to the fact that they don't want to hear facts or truth is just pathetic.

I guess I was wrong to say Facebook is behind this directly - although they are accountable due to their permission system loophole. I just came to this decision based on the idea that I had to be 'reported' and breaking some sort of TOS to be blocked from such an activity.

I was under the impression that only 'groups' could have such permissions and had no idea someone who simply starts a page could do so, given that people start pages for all kind of random people, and it seems like an easy way to abuse the system and an easy means of defamation.

Just a few last things I need to do then I'm done with using their service and advertising with them. They want to make the system run like this, that's fine. There are other approaches to be taken.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by nineix When FB censors you, you lose access to your account.
This happened to me, but I was reinstated after 30 days after promising to mind FB's narrow minded perspectives on certain subjects.

I was only unable to post on Cain's wall or reply to posts. As a 'fan' or not. That's it. Had no other impact on my account. I wasn't breaking any TOS.

join