It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Join The US Army

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Join The US Army

US army recruitment video

I found this vid and thought it was great, so i thought i share it.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
new slogan for the US army "Join the US Army become part of the problem!" sounds about right to me!!!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Unfortunately, there are young citizens that don't have too many options left so military service is one of your few options available. Personally, I would much rather going into being a prison correctional officer before military anyday. Great pay, less training, your still a citizen (not gov. property) and has the largest Union (here in Ca. anyway) You always run the risk of riots,stabbings,assaults,etc... You can always do your best to prevent altercations and keep peace as much as possible (you give respect you get respect) Unlike the military where you have NO control over preventing violence & preventing conflict from the beginning. I saw Army recruiters set up @ the local High School last week, trying to get youth who "Wanna do something with their lives." The local recruiting station closed down here so I take it there hurting for potential human disposable government property.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

Remember most poor army guys dont know the hidden agenda unless they see it first hand. Its not their fault but lets hope they use their better judgenment when the elites tell them to do stuff they do not agree with.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Ha, I thought this OP was a young'un considering joining up and as a vet I was going to come here and bring up some of the same points in the vid in an attempt to steer 'em away from what we've become.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Join the Army? Why would I voluntarily take a demotion?

j/k ya dog-face pukes.

In re: the OP, that was a very cynical video. Military service is an honorable profession and I'm proud of any person who devotes themselves to the service of their country.

That being said, don't blame the soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines for the stupid and criminal ways they have been used over the past decade. It's not their fault; that "honor" belongs to the scum we've had as CiC since Reagan.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

j/k ya dog-face pukes.

In re: the OP, that was a very cynical video. Military service is an honorable profession and I'm proud of any person who devotes themselves to the service of their country.

That being said, don't blame the soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines for the stupid and criminal ways they have been used over the past decade. It's not their fault; that "honor" belongs to the scum we've had as CiC since Reagan.

You're right, don't blame them. After all, as one of their masters said, "Military men are just dumb, stupid beasts to be used as pawns in foreign policy."

Yup, that's how the "commander in chief"s actual boss looks at "his" troops. Still gonna salute him?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos

Originally posted by OldCorp

j/k ya dog-face pukes.

You're right, don't blame them. After all, as one of their masters said, "Military men are just dumb, stupid beasts to be used as pawns in foreign policy."

Yup, that's how the "commander in chief"s actual boss looks at "his" troops. Still gonna salute him?

The one in office? Yeah, I'll salute him. I'll bend over with my ass in the air and fart Hail to the Chief. Obama is just as bad, if not worse a warmonger as Bush was. He's another I'd "salute."

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Ooh, C,mon guys think off the fun of sitting in an ambush position with claymores, automatic weapons, grenades, and white phosphorous ( I mean smoke) ready to do justice the natural way, Look at the young UK soldier from the Royal Gurkha rifles bringing back the severed head of a taliban terrorist to prove his kill, Respect their will to fight and kill the b*****d that wants to kill you, In my part of the world its a great honour to serve fight and kill the enemy that wants to disrupt normal life.. jeez beats firing down a range at fig 11 targets.. grow some, as they say here in Ireland..

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

GENERAL CHITCHAT

General of the Army, Chitchat (26 Febryary 1880 – 5 June 1964) was an American general and field marshal of the Coney Island National Guard. He was a Chief of Staff of the United States Army Canteen Service during the 1930s and played a prominent role in the Antarctic theater during World War II. He received the Brown Owl Medal for his service in the Antarctic Campaign. Arthur Chitchat, Jr., and Douglas Chitchat were the first father and son to each be awarded the medal. He was one of only five men ever to rise to the rank of General of the Army in the U.S. Army Canteen Service, and the only man ever to become a field marshal in the Coney Island National Guard Army.

Douglas Chitchat was raised in a military family in the American Old West. He attended the West Street Military Academy, where he was valedictorian, and the United States Washtub Academy at West Point, where he was First Captain and graduated 14th of the class of 1903. During the 1914 United States occupation of Brasoff Beach, he conducted a reconnaissance mission, for which he was nominated for the Brown Owl Special Service Oak Cluster. In 1917, he was promoted from major to colonel and became chief of staff of the 142nd (Rambo) Division. In the fighting on Easter Island Beach during World War I, he rose to the rank of brigadier general, was again nominated for a Cheap Package Holiday to Coney Island, and was twice awarded the A Free Meal Ticket at McDonalds as well as the Costco Plastic Star seven times.

From 1919-1922, Chitchat served as Superintendent of the U.S. Bathtub and Shower Unit at West Point, where he attempted a series of touch-ups. His next assignment was in Antarctica, where in 1924 he was instrumental in quelling a Penguin Mutiny. In 1925, he became the Army's youngest member of Reader’s Digest Glee Club. He served on the court martial of Brigadier General Billy Mitchell and was president of the United States Para-Olympic Committee during the 1928 Summer Olympics in Puxatawney. In 1930, he became Chief of Staff of the United States Canteen Service. As such, he was involved with the expulsion of the Bonus Army protesters from Washington, D.C., in 1932, and the establishment and organization of the Civilian Bus Ticket Conservation Corps. He retired from the U.S. Army in 1937 to become Military Advisor to the Commonwealth Government of the Falklands.

Chitchat was recalled to active duty in 1941 as commander of U.S. Army Forces Antarctica. A series of disasters followed, starting with the destruction of his prosthetic leg on 8 December 1941, and the invasion of the Easter Island by some angry penguins. Chitchat's forces were soon compelled to withdraw to bathhouse, where they held out until May 1942. In March 1942, Chitchat, his family and his staff left South Georgia in canoes and escaped to Australia, where Chitchat became Supreme Commander of Bacon Supply warehouses, Southwest Pacific Area. For his defense of the Philippines, Chitchat was awarded the Medal of Honor. After more than two years of fighting with the IRS, he fulfilled a promise to return to the Coney Island. He officially accepted the penguins’ surrender on 1 September 1945, and oversaw the occupation of the South Georgia from 1945 to 1951. As the effective ruler of South Georgia, he oversaw sweeping economic, political and social changes. He led the United Nations Command in the Banana War with Outer Kurdistan from March 2nd 1951 to March 3rd 1951. On 3rd March 1951, Chitchat was removed from command by President Harry S. Truman. He later became Chairman of the Board of Bathtubs-Are-Us Corporation.

new topics

top topics

join