It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controversy sparked by tattooed Barbie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Source:specials.msn.com...

The Tokidoki Barbie (find more photos) is causing controversy among some parents because of its tattoos (find out what some are saying). Mattel, the doll maker, issued a statement addressing the controversy (see what the company said).

Why the controversy, personally I think girls with tattoos are hot. Should all girls look the same, blonde hair, tan skin and blue eyes? What a horrible world that would be. There should definately be a harley that goes with her after all blonde barbie got a convertable convette.
edit on 20-10-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
[s]What might this controversy be? Who is raising it? [/s]

I don't see any problem with a tattooed doll. It's only a toy.
edit on 20-10-2011 by a1red3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Barbie's going rebel on us... woohoo..

you're right..she needs a Harley...

edit on 20-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by a1red3
What might this controversy be? Who is raising it?

Parents that want their little girl to grow up and bleach her hair blonde and get breast implants and use her body and looks to get through life instead of her intellegence.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

parents who are objecting.. guess there gonna have a field day when the new one gets released next month.. knocked up barbie (complete with cigarette and bottle of vodka)
the children have to solve the clues top find out who is the father..

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Hahaha, nice...

Just wait til they make a barbie that comes with her own birth control pills!

And little birth control candies for the kiddies...

Or maybe a vibrator?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
That's nothing, you should check out Barbie shaving Ken....

I'm not kidding, he exists lol

Barbie Shaving Ken on Very

Not sure if this one is for the girls, or the boys ?
edit on 20-10-2011 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

parents who are objecting.. guess there gonna have a field day when the new one gets released next month.. knocked up barbie (complete with cigarette and bottle of vodka)
the children have to solve the clues top find out who is the father..

I think you just got yourself a money making board game here. It could be the sequel to "Clue" ummmm....I've got it, it's Jonny, with the bottle of Jack, in the liquor store bathroom......open the file on the center of the board game, dam......it was Randy, with the pipe wrench, in the dark alley.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Parents that want their little girl to grow up and bleach her hair blonde and get breast implants and use her body and looks to get through life instead of her intellegence.

Certainly works for many...wish I was born a hot chick instead of a dude...everything I want, for no work, just being a gold digging whore...easy money...

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Certainly works for many...wish I was born a hot chick instead of a dude...everything I want, for no work, just being a gold digging whore...easy money...

Uhm, i second that statement

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

Thankfully at least it isn't Ken Shaving Barbie

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

ya know there are procedures available these days to make such things possible.. but you will still have to work for that money honey..

edit on 20/10/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Well, if they object to it, they don't have to buy it. I'm certain that's not the only barbie on the shelf.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

ya know there are procedures available these days to make such things possible.. but you will still have to work for that money honey..

edit on 20/10/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

Not if you look like this...

Am i right?

edit on 20-10-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I bet they make a fortune - I bet the controversy is just to get the word out so they can double that fortune....

.....oh man I totally should've copyrighted my Barbie meets Sharpie when I was 8

I wonder if they can carbon date it and prove I came up with doodling on Barbie first

I think I even have one with her nose pierced.....

new topics

top topics

join