It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clues About Early Hominid Diets Found in Fossilized Teeth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This article looks (briefly) at what Australopithecus and Paranthropus were eating millions of years ago

The new data suggests our simple story, of harder and harder diets over time, is not accurate,” said Peter Ungar, a paleoanthropologist at the University of Arkansas, whose lab does microscopic analysis of dental wear.

Australopithecus groups in eastern Africa lived in the open savannah and fed on tough foods, like grasses. In South Africa, the data shows that Australopithecus groups may have had to fall back on hard, brittle foods like nuts, roots and seeds

To article

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
This article looks (briefly) at what Australopithecus and Paranthropus were eating millions of years ago

The new data suggests our simple story, of harder and harder diets over time, is not accurate,” said Peter Ungar, a paleoanthropologist at the University of Arkansas, whose lab does microscopic analysis of dental wear.

Australopithecus groups in eastern Africa lived in the open savannah and fed on tough foods, like grasses. In South Africa, the data shows that Australopithecus groups may have had to fall back on hard, brittle foods like nuts, roots and seeds

To article

Well I've got a DVD called walking with caveman and it's years old and this is old news. And from what I've read on the subject which is a fair bit it would seem to me that we went from relativally tough foods to softer foods and we would eat anything. Especially after we started to communicate verbaly as a tough thick root chewing jaw isn't the best for lip slapping any thought too complex.
edit on 20-10-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

new topics

join