It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non US pilots being trained in USA by private companies, why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This is my first post so it might not be in the right location but the information I have which was casually given to me by a friend and family member who doesn't know each other.
My friend works at the now closed Williams Air Force Base (he retired years ago from a career as an USAF Captain) but stayed on when a company bought all the fighter jet training simulators.
The Government continued to occasionally use the facility over the years but has long since abandoned it. (it is an International airport now taking over a lot of Phoenix's Sky Harbor air traffic).
The company that now owns it (it has passed through several private companies in the last few years) told their employees that they would soon be training pilots from 'non-USA' countries like China!
My brothers wife told me she got a job (she is a lawyer) with a company that is representing a Chinese pilot training program. The company she works for isn't at the former AFB nor did she even know anything about what my friend told me.
It might be totally on the up and up and not be anything out of the ordinary but I (being an ex AF pilot in 'nam still find it a little disconcerting).
When I find out a little more I will post it.
What do you guys and gals think? Anyone heard anything in the news I missed?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I don't thinkyou should be worried. The rationale could be just expertise at the right price. I think also that airports have to use certain government clearance orders for people using facilities there, so they would all be known to the government machine, there is one to establish a person's identity and the mode of business to avoid money laundering, (illegal transfer of money) and another which is called developed vetting, which is a high level of security clearance, while these guys are probably not screened for the latter, thay most likely will need the former as standard. There are a prolifera of other screenings that they may need too, and it may vary from country to country.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
This private company has F-16's and teaches foreign pilots to fly.

www.tads-usa.com...

Hugo Chavez gave China the F-16's he had. Taiwan also has F-16's.

I wouldn't be surprised if some PLAF snuck in some how, posed as Taiwanese Air Force and got trained on how to fly F-16's. As long as they got money. They'll fly REAL fighter planes right over America.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Thanks for the thread op. I have said it again and again. America has been sold out!! The treasonist Government Officials in the seats of power that we trusted, have and are still playing a game with us that they have predetermined to win. This all fits with the spraying of the skies and moves by N Korea as well as Iran for nuclear weapons that have been left unchecked. Our leaders are on the take and they have deadly plans for us.. You watch and see what happens to us when the move is made openly and there is a battered at best military thats supposed to defend "Us" Yes you and me, The People. I challange anyone to show any proof that even resembles anything that is rightous coming from our leaders to The American people other than lies and promises.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
This private company has F-16's and teaches foreign pilots to fly.

www.tads-usa.com...

Hugo Chavez gave China the F-16's he had. Taiwan also has F-16's.

I wouldn't be surprised if some PLAF snuck in some how, posed as Taiwanese Air Force and got trained on how to fly F-16's. As long as they got money. They'll fly REAL fighter planes right over America.

That company also has Sukhoi Su-27's. China does not have F16's. Alright maybe they are going to steal one. in between scenario, US let's Chinese pilots learn about the characteristics of F-16's used by Taiwan to keep China sweetish.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
it is just one aspect of Jobs Stimulus...its been going on since 1995 at least

instead of pilot training at military bases. the training of aliens or visa holders is being outsourced to private schools so there is no concentration of foreigners who might be radicals too

it backfired in the run-up to the 911 operation...
but homeland security feels they got control of all aspects of any situation (at least for now... not whenever the approx 20,000 stingers & RPGs get smuggled in from the Libya cache and sold to radicals/militants/terrorists/mad-as-hell-Armageddonists from Iran or Pakistan bent on attacking the 'great satan' USA

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by wulff

Here is a website for Advanced Training Systems International

Advanced Training Systems International, Inc. provides customized, all-inclusive fighter combat and maintenance training programs to the armed forces of the United States and its allies worldwide.

The former Williams AFB was decommissioned long ago...in 1993. It is not an "international" airport in the sense of any regularly scheduled passenger flights that operate to international destinations.

It opened as a civilian airport in 1994, re-named Williams Gateway Airport, then in 2007 changed again to Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport.

The IATA code is AZA [used by airlines to identify it for their purposes], and the FAA code is IWA, the ICAO code is KIWA.

flightaware.com...

link to Airport Diagram

This is not likely some government plot, it is private business making profits off the need for flight training, and the USA is one option for many. Many airlines in China are planning big expansions in size, fleets, and numbers of pilots.

Chinese airline fleet to DOUBLE to 5,000 by 2015

China also has a burgeoning airplane manufacturing sector.

'Eyes on the Skies'

You might be amazed, too, at how much they are responsible for Boeing's airliners. Boeing sub-contracts most of their parts, and then have responsibility for final assembly.....many Chinese companies are contracted to build components and sub-systems.

Boeing 787 Highlights $600 Million in Contracts with Chinese Suppliers

(Above article is from way back in 2005).

And:

Boeing is China 's largest commercial aviation partner. Over the next 20 years, Boeing forecasts that China will need 2,300 jetliners, becoming one of the world's largest airplane markets. Boeing has offered free training to more than 27,000 Chinese aviation professionals since 1993 including pilots, maintenance, flight operations, quality and manufacturing personnel, executives and managers.

As far as Arizona, it is ideal for training (as you would well understand) because of the weather. In fact, Lufthansa has had facilities there (AZ, not Williams) for a very long time:

Lufthansa Flight Training GmbH

Airline Training Center Phoenix

edit on Thu 20 October 2011 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
My guess is the pilots being trained at Willie are ROC pilots, not PRC.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by wulff

Where do you go for the best everything? the US simple enough if ya ask me

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Thanks for all your replies and feedback.
Also, I do know some international flights are coming into Gateway, my sister flew from Detroit last winter and she comes in there as it is closer than Sky Harbor. But, I might be wrong.
And I checked with my sister-in-law, they are Chinese pilots.

Well, better go to bed..... uh oh, it's 12:01 AM here in AZ and didn't I read on ATS that the world might end today? LOL, would hate to sleep through it though!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by wulff

Your sister arrived from Detroit...so, not an international flight. If a year ago, either that schedule has changed since, or was a charter perhaps?

Here's a list of scheduled airline passenger destinations currently:

www.phxmesagateway.org...

The only "airline" is a little-known (at least to me) company called Allegiant Air. They are advertising as a "low fare" airline, but just checking on their website, the service seems spotty at best. Not regular, from what I can tell. Extremely seasonal.

I was surprised by the size of their fleet, though..... for a company never heard much about.

And, seems they operate as a charter too....tied in with the travel agency side of the company, might have been the flight your sister was on.

Allegiant Air

top topics

join