It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is something new trying to enter our lives?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Forever trust who we are.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
We're all anxiously waiting on "The Nothing" to come, that something which cannot be faced and feared and conquered or in anyway confronted because it is a faceless adversary, or is it a friend? We are much like sheep being led around a tight corner, funneled into the slaughterhouse, but unable to see what is around the corner. Or is it that we are like children on Christmas Eve?

I've had this feeling for some time, but I've recently come to the conclusion that this feeling is nothing more than a sort of anticipation of life. After all, it isn't everyday we expect a big change, but it is every so often that we realize one is past due. We know this by our life experience. We know that one change follows another, which follows another, which follows another, and we have learned through experience, when to expect the next big change based upon its relativity in the causal chain of big changes.

A change is coming. The majority wanted it, and when it wasn't quite what they had in mind, they didn't want it, but they still want change.

Whatever is to come will come in its own good time, for better or for worse. Until then make plans to live for tomorrow, just stay flexible enough to adapt your plans to a wide plethora of possible futures.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by shansen

Have you ever heard of or read Julian Jaynes? He wrote a somewhat famous book called "The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind".

While the most controversial argument Jaynes makes is that humans weren't always self-conscious or self-aware, and that this development was fairly recent (as late as 1200 BC), he also theorizes that large groups of people can be controlled by or witness the same types of auditory or visual hallucinations.

A quote:

" Archaic humans were ordered and moved by the gods through both auditory hallucinations and visual hallucinations. The gods mainly "talked" to them--but sometimes "appeared," such as Athene appeared to Achilles. And "when visual hallucinations occur with voices, they are merely shining light or cloudy fog, as Thetis came to Achilles or Yahwey to Moses." [Ibid, p. 93] "

How does this apply to what you are experiencing? I read your post and the part where you say other people are feeling it, too - if you look at it from a purely scientific view, this would may be applicable.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
In honesty ... its probably because all of you read the conspiracies on ATS ... and then you get paranoid about everything and you are just waiting for one of the conspiracies to actually happen that is probably what you feel

edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
In honesty ... its probably because all of you read the conspiracies on ATS ... and then you get paranoid about everything and you are just waiting for one of the conspiracies to actually happen that is probably what you feel

edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

And you are so much better

2ndline

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by shansen

Wow your post very informative. My personal revoulution started in November 1989. Hasn't stopped since then. I am in New Jersey. May peace and healing come to your Country. Amen.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Great OP only just read it then. Had you not provided the background information regarding the sense you felt and observe in others immediately leading up to the revolution in Eastern Europe in 1989 (and elsewhere in the early 90s) I would not of bothered reading your post.

You say you now have begun sensing something big on the horizon again. Well for the past 20 years I have not felt as strong about something big on the horizon as well, though I take a Christian interpretation of the future. But we can look at some developments including economic deterioration, a Europe in crisis mode, protests around the world, violent uprisings in the Middle East and North Africa, geopolitical and military tensions building between West and East, and similar tensions in the Middle East, war posturing and saber rattling and so on.

So yep, something is building and imo there will be a collapsing economy and major war, followed by implementation of a world government and new world order ( a second world order following WWII).

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Ha! Guess what song I just heard playing on television when I finished posting?

Something in the Air - Tom Petty

Call out the instigator
Because there's something in the air
We've got to get together sooner or later
Because the revolution's here

And you know it's right
And you know that it's right
We have got to get it together
We have got to get it together now

Run through the fields and houses
Because there's something in the air
We've got to get together sooner or later
Because the revolution's here

That might be your answer there mate!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Though I would bump this thread.....

In light of this.....

Romania's government collapses after protests

Romania's government has collapsed following weeks of protests against austerity measures, the latest debt-stricken government in Europe to fall in the face of raising public anger over biting cuts.

Emil Boc, who had been prime minister since 2008, said Monday he was resigning "to defuse political and social tension" and to make way for a new government. Thousands of Romanians took to the streets in January to protest salary cuts, higher taxes and the widespread perception that the government was not interested in the public's hardships in this nation of 22 million.

Read the OP to see the relevance.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join