It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No need to quit smoking during the apocalypse

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by shamdaddy

Originally posted by Rocketman7

I use pyramid tea bags for the carts, you can see how to make em on youtube. Most effective cart filler I've tried.

Also I'm not about all the crazy flavors, just like menthol and some light tobacco flavors, reminds me of the real thing.

I have a silver bullet mod, lasts me 2 days on 1 charge.

Thats a handy tip for when you are lying in a burnt out basement. Easier to find tea bags than carts.
Thanks for the tip.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

if you're serious, I'll send you a PM but it's called a noEgo. A guy crafts them by hand, so they're not mass-produced and can only be found on one site. Similar ones that are mass produced and easier to get are called eGo Power. They can be found at a bunch of stores but they are basically the same type of design as what I have and you can get them in a kit for about $50 or $60.

And second on the Silver Bullet. Even more funky looking than what I have but great performance, from what I've heard. I haven't tried one yet, though.
edit on 20-10-2011 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Dosage: What I did was dilute the e-juice. I took some light and weakened it by 2/3.

You know added two thirds glycerin to the bottle. Then I found I could just puff away to my hearts content. If I felt like I needed more nicotine, I would roll a smoke. What I do there is I buy a can of menthol tobacco, never smoke packs of cigarettes they combine old cigarettes returned with fresh tobacco and then remake that into cigarettes.

So you get a lot of paper. Which is trees, not tobacco. But if you buy tobacco in a can, it will say 100 percent tobacco on it, if it is good tobacco. Not all say that.

So I take pure tobacco, Craven M. and I take my little rolling machine and two tubes. I take the filter out of one tube, and I put that in the roller, then I put the tobacco, then the tube on the end so I end up with a cigarette that has two filters.

So then I am not getting too much nicotine or tar. And since I started doing that I stopped coughing completely.

Most people cough in the morning not I. And no shortage of breath (tar does that I think)

Still the eCigarettes make you feel much better than when you smoke tobacco.

the problem with diluting the mixture is you lose the flavor. But it does make it a lot cheaper.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

How do they harm other people?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Napalmvanity
reply to post by Six6Six

As far as I know, the e-cigarette will not harm anyone. Not even the person using it. The only thing is if you overdose on the nicotine. So thats really the only danger that I am aware of.

and you can check that in wikipedia.

But there is no second hand smoke so it does not hurt anyone else according to what I have read.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

You are a cancer on this planet just like the rest of us. Nothing makes you any better or worse just because you do not smoke, drink, or take medications (aside from vitamin C)it only makes you health conscious. I smoke about three cigarettes a day outside and not around children. I do not take my kids to McDonalds and fast food is about once evey6-7 weeks, I allow them maybe one soda a month as a treat, I make sure they eat organic whenever possible and meals are home cooked 97% of the time and we avoid processed. We purchase our water in large reusable/recyclable barrels due to the impact the bottling plants have on humans and the environment. We have a home garden and recycle, walk when we can and drive less than 200miles a month. I do not drink and I do not take conventional medication. I am a good person and do my part to make sure that my actions do not kill people in the long run far beyond not smoking next to someone…what have you done to try to save a homeless person, ensure your kids will not have to wear hazmat suits when you pass from this earth, to help a person learn to plant a garden or make a meal, save a life or heal a wound of a stranger. I am a smoker and I know I am leaving behind my own trail but I will make it as small as I can. Your hate amazes me and your ignorance baffles me as you attempt to display a level of education that would in most bring rational thought as well. I hope karma does not make all your children smokers just to teach you humility and understanding. It is not perfection it is progress that makes the difference.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six
reply to post by Rocketman7

Smokers are weak and often they are considered easily breakable.

Plus they smell bad and quite frankly you can never trust a person that needs a drug to operate.

I would vote for smokers to be rounded up and be the first in line in the depopulation agenda. Plus they are a drain
on the Medical system right along side fat people!

I rank smokers along side pedophiles, rapists and religious zealots and obese people!
edit on 20-10-2011 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

You’re an exsmoker aren’t you, come on be honest now. Only an ex or patch wearer has this low of an opinion of current smokers from my experience as an off and on smoker. But whatever, have fun in adult diapers because the last years of your life you gain from not smoking are the worst.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

I never said I smoke near my child. We smoke outside away from our child (my husband smokes as well). It COULD cause cancer, but there are tons of people who smoked and did far worse their entire lives and never got sick and then there are others who live a pristine clean life away from anything that could be potentially harmful and still end up dying young. That is a part of life! I could get cancer, but it could be from something completely unrelated to my cigarettes such as the cell phone, computer, stupid people ... I agree that no child should be around cigarette smoke and unfortunately there are a lot of horrible parents out there, and those that do much worse than smoking around their children or smoking while pregnant (which I do not agree with at all) but there is nothing one can do with other peoples choices.

As far as adults go, if one stays around someone who is smoking that IS their own choice for not leaving. There are no bars or restaurants that one can smoke in anymore, there are usually designated areas for smokers, or one can go to their own vehicle to do so. That is the non-smokers choice to hang out around it, why should the smoker have to pay for their stupidity? Cars alone do much worse for the health in general then cigarettes do. That is something that you cannot just walk away from.

If you seriously think that because on is a smoker, that they need to be banished, killed, or are a bad person or bad parent then its people like you that have made this world go to hell because of the loss of priorities. If we are only talking about cigarettes because of the potential risk of cancer, and how it can leave children parentless and blah, blah, then there is a very long, long list of things in this world including certain soaps, candles, air fresheners, foods, cell phones, computers, microwaves the list goes on and on of things that have been shown to cause cancer and as well as other harmful diseases. Get off it, if you don’t smoke good for you, but unless someone is purposely being an ass and blowing their cigarette smoke into someone’s face, then get over it , it has nothing to do with you and it is their choice to harm their own bodies.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I have tried the e-cig, not too bad. But I still found myself still wanting a good ol’ Pall Mall.
But if it came down to a SHTF scenario, I don’t think I would worry too much about not having any smokes. I would be too busy hunting for food or scheming on a way to get my next door neighbor’s dog so I could eat it. It’s a big lab type dog. That could feed a man for a few days.

But wait………

I’m going to want a smoke after I eat.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

P.S.: I know this is a little off the subject...
But do you guys remember Six6Six from earlier today?...I know, hard to forget. Anyway I know the points don’t mean anything. But I went to her profile page. This is the only person I have seen on ATS since I’ve been here to have minus points!

ATS Points: -2,550

I don’t know how but, she must have pissed someone off. (Sarcasm)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Everyone of any significance in this world is a Satanist.

This statement really does explain why the world is in the state it's in.

So you still think a smoker does more damage than a bunch of satanist's rofl

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Plus they smell bad and quite frankly you can never trust a person that needs a drug to operate.

I would vote for smokers to be rounded up and be the first in line in the depopulation agenda. Plus they are a drain

I rank smokers along side pedophiles, rapists and religious zealots and obese people!

You'd put them along side pedos and rapist? If you're serious, you my friend are pathetic. That is all.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I am using CE2's with my 18650 also. I have found that they have tons of problems. First of all they dont even work correctly right out of the box. You have to remove that smaller seal and then reposition the main seal with the filling holes so the whiskers actually suck the liquid in. Also getting that burnt taste when you vape too enthustically isn't nice either. So I just ordered a test pack of CE3's which are supposed to be better. If those aren't what I'm expecting I don't know what to try next. Maybe a dual coil one. I'm also interested in trying some of those cartomizers that don't have whiskers or fillers at all.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

WOW you're a nut, I do not smoke but to say that stuff, I think you need to be captured and possibly put on a stranded island before you drain the medical system with your obvious mental illness.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I used to think like you before I got drunk and depressed one day; I was pressured into trying a cigarette at the age of 21. I am now a half pack a day smoker.

At first the addiction wasn't the nicotine. It was because smoking was very enjoyable. When you first start, it makes you light headed and high feeling on every puff, and you feel like everything is going in fast-motion, and your reaction time speeds up ten fold to everything. It's like an adrenaline shot in a video game.

After the first 2 months that feeling went away as your body gets used to it. Now, the only purpose the cigarette has is relieving stress and making me relaxed, which in today's high-stress world, is great. Lower stress = longer life (stress hormones damage your body.) So you could say it counters the negative health impact of smoking.

Smoking is no longer enjoyable, but it's not unenjoyable. It's just a daily routine that reduces stress. I do not feel any negative health effects yet. Maybe in the future I will. The only negative effects I get are from other people who judge and criticize, just like I used to.

I'm not any less competent now that I'm a smoker than I was before.I own my own business and I'm not a drain on the health system, I pay for all my medical bills in cash. Many strong and intelligent leaders in history have smoked.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
America was created on the backs of tobacco farmers.

When you say that smokers are as bad as pedophiles and rapists, I wonder if you understand the implications of your words.

Are you telling us that you hate America?

Self righteous, much?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I am using CE2's with my 18650 also. I have found that they have tons of problems. First of all they dont even work correctly right out of the box. You have to remove that smaller seal and then reposition the main seal with the filling holes so the whiskers actually suck the liquid in. Also getting that burnt taste when you vape too enthustically isn't nice either. So I just ordered a test pack of CE3's which are supposed to be better. If those aren't what I'm expecting I don't know what to try next. Maybe a dual coil one. I'm also interested in trying some of those cartomizers that don't have whiskers or fillers at all.

I remove both seals and keep them off. I still get the burned taste now and then but it's much better like this. I just fill the tube right from the big hole and use a drip tip on the top. I have to keep them upright so they do not spill over. I also replace their tube with a piece of tube i cut from a 3 ML BD brand syringe. This keeps the thing from developing cracks and leaking because this type of plastic doesn't react to the e-juice. My next thing is to try a Fluxomizer from GotVapes. They say they use a thicker stronger wick. I haven't heard of catro's without wicks or fillers.. I'll look into those thanks.

Aside from CE2's and a 306 atty for dripping I haven't found anything else that gives the flavor and clouds of vape I'm looking for. I have tried dual coil's and find they have an airy feel to them. They let more air in diluting your flavor and vape. I use my CE2's with a Old Goat box mod at 5 volts. I use 3.0 ohm coils.
edit on 21-10-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

Whoa there now, I'm NOT a smoker but if they like it and are respectful of my breathing space then fine......

wait... they never do.....oh well

But to be fair, In a SHTF type of world they ARE worth their weight in gold, and smoking a cigarette does have helpful items, they ARE an anti-depressant if your nerves are rattled after a firefight or bear attack, smoking a cigarette can help some, also if you get a cigar the nicotine you get while just having it in your mouth can stop some of the shaken of your hands while shooting so like all things: Pros and Cons

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Damn...

You're the living proof that natural selection doesnt work as intended... and you're also prolly the reason why ppl came up with "abortion" in the first place.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketman7

Originally posted by Napalmvanity
reply to post by Six6Six

As far as I know, the e-cigarette will not harm anyone. Not even the person using it. The only thing is if you overdose on the nicotine. So thats really the only danger that I am aware of.

and you can check that in wikipedia.

But there is no second hand smoke so it does not hurt anyone else according to what I have read.

You are very correct there. The E cig will not harm others. So to me it is perfectly acceptable. I am not sure how smokers react to the e cig. Maybe its a poor substitution. Like a blow up doll instead of the real thing.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
America was created on the backs of tobacco farmers.

When you say that smokers are as bad as pedophiles and rapists, I wonder if you understand the implications of your words.

Are you telling us that you hate America?

Self righteous, much?

What is there to like about America?? Come on tell me!!

Half the people on here are moaning about how similar to Nazi Germany it is. Im not saying I agree with that but who cares what america was built on. Now its built on the deaths of thousands of innocent people all over the world from the wars they start for dodgy reasons.

There are NO implications for my words. My words are correct and I stand by them. People beneath me will not agree. But then....who cares...!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join