It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No need to quit smoking during the apocalypse

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

would an e-cig work after an EMP?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
It does read a bit like an ad but I didn't see any link anywhere or a brand name. The OP's got a point, though. They would come in handy as a backup.. Then again, so would chew/snus or camel orbs or something and actually, these would be better and make more sense in a survival type of scenario.

It's a relevant thing for a smoker who doesn't want to quit, even not in a "apocalypse" type situation. Heck, they cost me between $20 and $40 a month with shipping (not including electricity to charge the batteries.) I haven't paid a red cent in taxes, either.

And If you haven't seen brand placement in TV shows before, you either don't watch much TV or haven't been paying attention.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

would an e-cig work after an EMP?

Yes they are hardened against EMP attack.

Anything in a metal case such as the charging cigarette carrying case accessory is hardened against EMP.

I was told by an expert who hardens planes against EMP that to protect a portable hard drive all you have to do is put it in a plastic case with a tin foil lining and anti-static foam.

The tin foil is enough to block the EMP as long as no wires are outside of the case.

In this case the metal cigarette case protects against EMP. Its a classic typical cigarette case that has been modified to hold a large battery used to charge the small ecigarette batteries when you are away from home.
In case the battery on your e-cigarette runs down.

If you have it in your mouth, when the EMP happens, well then you never know what might happen.
It might explode or nothing might happen, your guess is as good as mine.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
It does read a bit like an ad but I didn't see any link anywhere or a brand name. The OP's got a point, though. They would come in handy as a backup.. Then again, so would chew/snus or camel orbs or something and actually, these would be better and make more sense in a survival type of scenario.

It's a relevant thing for a smoker who doesn't want to quit, even not in a "apocalypse" type situation. Heck, they cost me between $20 and $40 a month with shipping (not including electricity to charge the batteries.) I haven't paid a red cent in taxes, either.

And If you haven't seen brand placement in TV shows before, you either don't watch much TV or haven't been paying attention.

No I am not selling anything. In fact I just ordered some ejuice myself. And then found the shipping was as much as the order. I spent 18 bucks on juice and the shipping was 18 bucks!
So I thought well I better order more to make it worth while, but then read the shipping terms and it says you cannot combine two orders to reduce your shipping costs!
Pricks.
So I sent them an e-mal instead, and just said add this to my order and gave them the order number. So thats not the same as making two orders and combining them.

There is a girl who sells them on-line locally my roommate went to her house and bought his, I am too lazy to do that. I want the mouse to do it and pick it up COD at the post office. Even if it costs me another 10 bucks so what it costs me a fortune to buy tobacco every month.

I was going to order from Johnston whatever and they said they cannot ship to Canada.
Because of an advisory by Health Canada.

They have a cool 10 bottle sampler. I want to try other flavors to find the best flavor.

I originally just threw some Nicorette gum in my B.O.B. as an emergency plan. But when I found out about e-Cigs I went for that. Nicorette wasn't cheap either.

edit on 20-10-2011 by Rocketman7 because: added info

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six

Originally posted by swoopaloop

Hey Satanist here are some facts for you.

Chances of getting lung cancer when not exposed to secondhand smoke : 10 out of 1000000

Chances of getting lung cancer when exposed to secondhand smoke: 12.5 out of 1000000

Statistical insignificance!

Everyone of any significance in this world is a Satanist.
Swoopaloop? Was that not the name given to a group of pedophiles in Belgium. Yes it was.
So we know your game now.

Lmao wow you seem very intelligent.

This is a nickname of mine in which the meaning behind it is none of your business lmao. And no I'm not a pedophile lmao. You sure are something else.

Actually, within the confines of Interpols Women and Children exploitation division they had a case in 1997 that allegedly involved some upper echelons of the Belgium government. There was a task force set up to track pedophiles across europe. It was named swoopaloop because most pedos within Interpol are referred to as Loops. Code for pedo. So operation swoopaloop was active for 9 months. As no one was ever successfully indicted the taskforce was reassined. Now within Interpol, pedos or swoopaloops are the same thing. Any time Interpol goes after pedos or a group of pedo its called swoopaloop. As the case invloved high up members of the belgium gov all recorded were sealed indefinitely blocking names and addresses that were searched.

Hence your name and you!!
edit on 20-10-2011 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

lmaoo!!! okay so you have no rebuttal on the smoking debate in which I've proved you wrong so instead you give me some history lesson from Belgium? Lmao I don't care about what you think my nickname means. Here's my definition behind "Swoopaloop"

Within the life of a young man who is nicknamed Swoop, or sometimes refered to as Swoopaloop there was a time in 2009 when this man had interest in a woman who had a boyfriend. He then decided that he would win her heart over and "Swoop" in on her boyfriend and get with her. He accomplished his mission and accomplished that same mission with other ladies who had boyfriends. Later on his friends would laugh at this and nickname him Swoop and/or Swoopaloop.

Here's a history lesson for you lmao. Mine is way more awsome lmao

You have proved nothing.

Every medical doctor in the WORLD will tell you that smoking kills!!

That is all the proof i need. Not some made up proof from a person who claims to steal girls from their boyfriends. I think you may be confusing Ladies with children and boyfriends with parents.

I will deal with you no more Mr Swoopaloop. But luck with what you do. The law is right behind you!

lmao nanananana hahahahahaha I totally win.

Also, I didn't claim that smoking doesn't kill. I claimed that statistics behind second hand smoke are bullsh!t and offered you proof that you failed to take in.

You've got nothing on me Satanist. Your life is probably an empty abyss. Have a great day and tell Satan I said "Whatup!" lmao
edit on 20-10-2011 by swoopaloop because: (no reason given)

As for you MR swoopaloop (pedo)

Recent research published by the Ontario Tobacco Research Unit showed that with drivers smoking just one cigarette, the pollution created inside the car was 100 times greater than the US Environmental Protection Agency accepted standard for fine particle exposure. New Brunswick is the latest province in Canada to introduce legislation banning smoking in cars with children. This change in legislation will prohibit smoking in a car when there is a child under the age of 16 in it. Extremely sensible, common sense - but seen by some as too draconian and the trickling of nanny state rules again.

Second-hand smoke has been found to be strongly linked to chest infections in children, asthma, ear problems and sudden infant death syndrome, or cot death.

Source

ALL your facts are WRONG.

You should be BANNED for spreading false facts.

Interesting study. I will do more research into the subject that's for sure. And if I should be banned for these false facts then so should you on account of you calling me a "pedophile" which is a false fact. Nice Logic there

Point taken. I retract my stupidity!!

Don't think it's that easy Triple 6 lmao

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Yeah, I stick with a company just in the state bordering mine. They have flat $3 shipping and it gets here in two days, plus their juice and equipment are some of the best prices I've found. They were mentioned a few pages over but I'm not going to put a link as I have no affiliation with any company, nor do I want to appear that I do, other than I like their stuff, their prices and service.
I'm Mrs. El Cheapo, so I just make my own liquid and stick to ordering parts and batteries when I need them.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Yeah, I stick with a company just in the state bordering mine. They have flat $3 shipping and it gets here in two days, plus their juice and equipment are some of the best prices I've found. They were mentioned a few pages over but I'm not going to put a link as I have no affiliation with any company, nor do I want to appear that I do, other than I like their stuff, their prices and service.
I'm Mrs. El Cheapo, so I just make my own liquid and stick to ordering parts and batteries when I need them.

Well I might do that if I get motivated and find a good source for the flavors. The thing is in Canada you are not supposed to buy the nicotine e-juice because its a controlled substance. So at this point I feel lucky that they aren't cracking down on the sellers that I can access to get e-liquid with nicotine.

Maybe at some point I will be satisfied vaping without nicotine, but not today.

And when TSHTF I will want nicotine. Its ma nerves. Put a shotgun in my hands and a couple dozen of the undead in front of me and yeah, I am gonna need a smoke at some point in that day.

edit on 20-10-2011 by Rocketman7 because: typo

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I've been smoking ecig's for almost 2 years and love it.

It is a much cheaper alternative and they don't expel carcinogens (leading cause of cancer)

I can smoke all month (pack a day equivalent) on just $12 of nic-juice and $6 for an atomizer. (atomizer sometimes last 2 months)

I do worry however that if and when the shtf they will be useless.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

The thing is in Canada you are not supposed to buy the nicotine e-juice because its a controlled substance.

Doesn't that just make you want to scratch someone's eyes out? I'll bet you can get cigarettes and NRTs like the gum and patch just about anywhere, though. It's all about the money.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

The thing is in Canada you are not supposed to buy the nicotine e-juice because its a controlled substance.

Doesn't that just make you want to scratch someone's eyes out? I'll bet you can get cigarettes and NRTs like the gum and patch just about anywhere, though. It's all about the money.

You can buy all sorts of nicotine products off the shelf in any drug or department store. Without a prescription.

Health Canada was just too chicken to make a decision that might piss off the tobacco companies.

They sued the tobacco companies once I think and it didn't end well. Prices on tobacco doubled.
So the people paid for it anyway!

It doesn't make any sense since doctors agree it is safer and better than smoking cigarettes yet the government sanctions the sale of cigarettes. So they talk a good game about health, but yeah, it is about the money.

And about them being nuking futz because they really don't know what to do. Tax it, don't tax it, condone it as a quitting program, encourage it, or what. They just finished passing laws that prohibit smoking everywhere and now this.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by shamdaddy
I've been smoking ecig's for almost 2 years and love it.

It is a much cheaper alternative and they don't expel carcinogens (leading cause of cancer)

I can smoke all month (pack a day equivalent) on just $12 of nic-juice and $6 for an atomizer. (atomizer sometimes last 2 months)

I do worry however that if and when the shtf they will be useless.

I still have my original atomizers. I think I am supposed to boil them in water for 5 minutes once in a while.

I found that dripping the drops into the carts without getting any in the center was almost impossible until I devised a method of putting a little plastic straw in the center to plug the center, then dripping the liquid down the straw.
Works well.

I just bought some new flavors so I am hoping to get back on the program. I slipped a bit recently.

Originally I managed to go an 8 hour shift of driving without a cigarette at all, just the eCig, but now I am back to cigarettes so I need to you know be more conscientious and a new flavor will do that probably.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I would rather hold the company of a serial killer than that of a room full of smokers.

WOW, arent you full of joy and love. Reading your comments, makes me wonder how you live. There must be tons of hate in that black heart of yours. Your 666 name, and a picture of child holding up i love satan pic, lol, yeah, whatever.

Yes, im a smoker, but i smoke in my own areas, i dont smoke in crowded streets, or near busstops, out of care of others, I wonder if you can say the same.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

I find you judgement of smokers humorous....You actually think your above others just because they smoke & you don't? Then you just continually try to justify yourself with nothing but rudeness....Don't mind opinions, but don't like the rudeness....O, by the way, welcome newbie...

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketman7

I use pyramid tea bags for the carts, you can see how to make em on youtube. Most effective cart filler I've tried.

Also I'm not about all the crazy flavors, just like menthol and some light tobacco flavors, reminds me of the real thing.

I have a silver bullet mod, lasts me 2 days on 1 charge.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

They sell "Drip Tips" you can buy. Mouth pieces with wide openings so you can drip good. I use one on a 306 type atomizer. Those atomizers are about 8 to 10 bucks. I have started using CE2's because they hold more liquid than a regular atomizer and cartridge combo and are only about 10 dollars a 5 pack. With care cleaning and small dry burns now and then I can make one CE2 last 3 weeks. You can buy them in whatever OHM you need for your kit.

BTW get on www.e-cigarette-forum.com... if your not already. They have a good Canadian sub forum and tons of e-cig info. I think you need to make 15 posts in the new members forum before you can access the Canadian forum to post but you can still read it. This is the largest e-cig info clearing house on the net. They don't sell any products just give info.

Oh, to clean your Joye type atomizers you should blow them out at least once a day and perhaps once or twice a week you can let them sit in hot water or boil them but make sure you dry them very well before using again. Some people rince alcohol through them, some put em in denture cleaner like pollydent. This works well. You can also dry burn these. After cleaning and drying, put them on your battery and give them just a few tiny hits of the button. about a second or two each. watch the coil glow and burn the gunk off the coil. This will help greatly but if you over do it, you can fry the coil, so you have to be very gentle and take care not to leave the power on too long. You can find videos on you tube for this too.

it's Great to see so many vapers on ATS. I hope you all signed the white house petition ! Long live The PV !

edit on 20-10-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Hey to all you e-cig puffers out there.

I have a question that needs to be asked...Can you get a really good satisfying drag out of the thing?

And what about dosage? Do you have to stop at some point? This or that many drags until you set it down? Or do you go with how you feel?

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Very excellent performance with the right setup. Most folks, myself included, like bigger batteries with either a lower resistance atomizer or higher voltage to create a warmer vapor, which gives the "throat hit" that smokers like. IMO, you just can't get that with the ones that look like a cigarette. The hits are weak, vapor production is less than great and the batteries die quick. Mine looks like it belongs in my nightstand.
But it lasts me all day and I use the dual-coil cartomizers, so I fill one of those up and I'm good for at least 6 hours. The battery lasts me, depending on how busy I am, between 8 and 10 hours.

Oh, and about the dosage..it's an individual thing. If you don't feel like you're getting any nicotine, go higher. If you start feeling not so good or light-headed, lower it or back off. I use between 8-12 mg but started at 24. over 12 makes me nauseous after a couple hits, so I mostly use 8 and stick with 12 in the morning.
edit on 20-10-2011 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

That was a man's post, madame!*

I grew some back hair reading it and I might wrestle some yeti later.

What is it and where can I get one. Please.

Thanks.

edit on 20-10-2011 by Frater210 because: *Oops. Nightstand.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Smokers are weak and often they are considered easily breakable.

Plus they smell bad and quite frankly you can never trust a person that needs a drug to operate.

I would vote for smokers to be rounded up and be the first in line in the depopulation agenda. Plus they are a drain
on the Medical system right along side fat people!

I rank smokers along side pedophiles, rapists and religious zealots and obese people!

Alongside pedophiles and rapists!!??
Please explain, because to me you are sounding like someone with major daddy issues.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Please don't cajole and antagonize this member. They are snoozing peacefully at the moment.

Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join