It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No need to quit smoking during the apocalypse

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris

Originally posted by Six6Six
reply to post by Rocketman7

Smokers are weak and often they are considered easily breakable.

Plus they smell bad and quite frankly you can never trust a person that needs a drug to operate.

I would vote for smokers to be rounded up and be the first in line in the depopulation agenda. Plus they are a drain
on the Medical system right along side fat people!

I rank smokers along side pedophiles, rapists and religious zealots and obese people!
edit on 20-10-2011 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

People like you end up been on the receiving end of a bad car crash with comments like that...karma Moron!

Yeah well so far no luck there. But you look like you have been in one or two!!

Just saying....sometime when women over 35 have babies they are more prevalent to certain things. Look it up my friend.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Six6Six

Everyone has addictions, food, money, job, power, sweets, love, running, really anything can be part of addiction.

YES you are right. I too have a monkey on my back!

second line

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by swoopaloop

Hey Satanist here are some facts for you.

Chances of getting lung cancer when not exposed to secondhand smoke : 10 out of 1000000

Chances of getting lung cancer when exposed to secondhand smoke: 12.5 out of 1000000

Statistical insignificance!

Everyone of any significance in this world is a Satanist.
Swoopaloop? Was that not the name given to a group of pedophiles in Belgium. Yes it was.
So we know your game now.

Lmao wow you seem very intelligent.

This is a nickname of mine in which the meaning behind it is none of your business lmao. And no I'm not a pedophile lmao. You sure are something else.

Actually, within the confines of Interpols Women and Children exploitation division they had a case in 1997 that allegedly involved some upper echelons of the Belgium government. There was a task force set up to track pedophiles across europe. It was named swoopaloop because most pedos within Interpol are referred to as Loops. Code for pedo. So operation swoopaloop was active for 9 months. As no one was ever successfully indicted the taskforce was reassined. Now within Interpol, pedos or swoopaloops are the same thing. Any time Interpol goes after pedos or a group of pedo its called swoopaloop. As the case invloved high up members of the belgium gov all recorded were sealed indefinitely blocking names and addresses that were searched.

Hence your name and you!!

\

lmaoo!!! okay so you have no rebuttal on the smoking debate in which I've proved you wrong so instead you give me some history lesson from Belgium? Lmao I don't care about what you think my nickname means. Here's my definition behind "Swoopaloop"

Within the life of a young man who is nicknamed Swoop, or sometimes refered to as Swoopaloop there was a time in 2009 when this man had interest in a woman who had a boyfriend. He then decided that he would win her heart over and "Swoop" in on her boyfriend and get with her. He accomplished his mission and accomplished that same mission with other ladies who had boyfriends. Later on his friends would laugh at this and nickname him Swoop and/or Swoopaloop.

Here's a history lesson for you lmao. Mine is way more awsome lmao

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

lmaoo!!! okay so you have no rebuttal on the smoking debate in which I've proved you wrong so instead you give me some history lesson from Belgium? Lmao I don't care about what you think my nickname means. Here's my definition behind "Swoopaloop"

Within the life of a young man who is nicknamed Swoop, or sometimes refered to as Swoopaloop there was a time in 2009 when this man had interest in a woman who had a boyfriend. He then decided that he would win her heart over and "Swoop" in on her boyfriend and get with her. He accomplished his mission and accomplished that same mission with other ladies who had boyfriends. Later on his friends would laugh at this and nickname him Swoop and/or Swoopaloop.

You have proved nothing.

Every medical doctor in the WORLD will tell you that smoking kills!!

That is all the proof i need. Not some made up proof from a person who claims to steal girls from their boyfriends. I think you may be confusing Ladies with children and boyfriends with parents.

I will deal with you no more Mr Swoopaloop. But luck with what you do. The law is right behind you!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

That is the most ridiculous ignorant load of crap I heard in a long time...I for one am a smoker, do not smoke that much. I quit for 2 years the day I found out I was pregnant. I do not need to smoke but I want to because it makes me feel better and takes my mind of other BS. Some people take things to extreme and are addicted to many things but it is to every individual and their discipline and personal will...lumping any group together is just ignorant, especially when you compare groups that have no likeness such as saying that smokers are as bad as pedophiles which is just insulting because also as a survivor of sexual abuse I do not see how someone smoking which is only doing harm to their own body in any way the same as someone forcing themself onto another human being, which has a lot more harmful side effects than any amount of cigarettes. I would love to know more about you. Where or what your fault is, what your addiction is. EVERYONE has some vice, even if they do not realize it or believe they do. I am sorry for whatever situations that you are currently dealing with that had made you become so full of hate but you shouldn’t alienate people by making lump judgments and spouting off with ignorant rants. Have a good one!
edit on 20-10-2011 by Napalmvanity because: typo

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

Everything in today’s world is harmful in some way, as long as one is not inflicting harm onto another being then who the hell cares…microwave popcorn also kills so you going to go onto a rant about that one as well?

link   
6're is trolling hard.

OT: Agreed, everyone has there addiction and they will sever you well in a SHTF situation. Stock up on coffee, sugar, booze and smokes. They will be as good as gold in a barter situation. As for the E-cig, I have one and love though I don't see how I will be able to charge it if theres no electricity.

link   

lmao nanananana hahahahahaha I totally win.

Also, I didn't claim that smoking doesn't kill. I claimed that statistics behind second hand smoke are bullsh!t and offered you proof that you failed to take in.

You've got nothing on me Satanist. Your life is probably an empty abyss. Have a great day and tell Satan I said "Whatup!" lmao
edit on 20-10-2011 by swoopaloop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by netwarrior

As for the E-cigs, be careful. I tried it for 2 days. Ended up very nearly getting pneumonia. My mother wasn't so lucky; she ended up getting pneumonia after 4 days.

You should do some serious research into e-cigs and the chemicals that make up the e-juices. When taking Any chemical yes, caution is advised but there is nothing inherent in inhaling any of the e-juice ingredients that will cause pneumonia.

You would have to know where you got the e-juice in that e-cig from, who made it etc to research why you got sick. China has some quality control issues and much e-juice comes from there. My DIY e-juice (not from China) comes in USP grade bottles so I know it's tested for quality before I mix it. You may have gotten a batch of e-juice used in a pre-filled cartomizer that was tainted and contaminated from China. Other than getting sick from sensitivity to PG no one has been seriously ill or died from e-cig use since they hit world markets in 2004.

E-cigs can save your life, so if you want to try it again, you could get your e-juice from Johnson Creek here in the USA. They have their mixing labs and e-liquids on file and tested regularly by the FDA.

Also know, instead of inhaling warm smoke, with e-cigs you inhale a cooler moister vapor. Your lungs are not used to this so most people cough some the first week of vaping. This is normal and soon passes as your body adjusts. Many people get sick flu like symptoms when vaping due to the natural changes the body goes through when abstaining from the chemicals in burning tobacco. This may have played a part in how you and your mother felt as well. There are many chemicals the body is addicted to in burning tobacco, not just nicotine. Withdrawals from these can be very harsh. Most of the time people go to the e-cig forums complaining of getting sick after some study it is found other things caused their symptoms, not the e-cigs themselves.
edit on 20-10-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Originally posted by netwarrior

As for the E-cigs, be careful. I tried it for 2 days. Ended up very nearly getting pneumonia. My mother wasn't so lucky; she ended up getting pneumonia after 4 days.

You should do some serious research into e-cigs and the chemicals that make up the e-juices. When taking Any chemical yes, caution is advised but there is nothing inherent in inhaling any of the e-juice ingredients that will cause pneumonia.

You would have to know where you got the e-juice in that e-cig from, who made it etc to research why you got sick. China has some quality control issues and much e-juice comes from there. My DIY e-juice (not from China) comes in USP grade bottles so I know it's tested for quality before I mix it. You may have gotten a batch of e-juice used in a pre-filled cartomizer that was tainted and contaminated from China. Other than getting sick from sensitivity to PG no one has been seriously ill or died from e-cig use since they hit world markets in 2004.

E-cigs can save your life, so if you want to try it again, you could get your e-juice from Johnson Creek here in the USA. They have their mixing labs and e-liquids on file and tested regularly by the FDA.

Also know, instead of inhaling warm smoke, with e-cigs you inhale a cooler moister vapor. Your lungs are not used to this so most people cough some the first week of vaping. This is normal and soon passes as your body adjusts. Many people get sick flu like symptoms when vaping due to the natural changes the body goes through when abstaining from the chemicals in burning tobacco. This may have played a part in how you and your mother felt as well. There are many chemicals the body is addicted to in burning tobacco, not just nicotine. Withdrawals from these can be very harsh. Most of the time people go to the e-cig forums complaining of getting sick after some study it is found other things caused their symptoms, not the e-cigs themselves.
edit on 20-10-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

Thanks for the info. Johnston Creek and that.

In Canada they haven't yet approved the sale of e-liquid with nicotine. You can only buy it without.
But people in Canada still sell it on-line.

Quality control is the issue. And you know there are people who want to make it look bad and have all sorts of stories to tell, such as the story the guy at the tobacco shop told me. That people were getting strokes from it.
He sells cigarettes and everyone knows no one gets strokes or anything from those.

I have never heard of anyone getting strokes but like any other substance if you take too much, sure you can overdose.
That goes for Tylenol and everything else.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Napalmvanity
reply to post by Six6Six

Everything in today’s world is harmful in some way, as long as one is not inflicting harm onto another being then who the hell cares…microwave popcorn also kills so you going to go onto a rant about that one as well?

No as you also like other lesser people did not read my threads.

My problem with smokers is that they harm OTHER people.

Read the damn post then comment. Clueless.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
"This one has classic vape written all over it, you take the wonderful complexity of our new Marl-Borrow and mix it with an aged brandy flavorant that brings out the darker tones of the Marl-boro flavor. This is something that when you vape you are whisked away to the golden age of hollywood, sitting at the bar with a brandy in one hand and a marlboro red in the other listening to some Sinatra and bitching about the commies. An oral trip through time. We design our e-juices to be enjoyable to be vaped all day and not just the first few times. We don't want you to tire of the flavor by over powering flavor. Ejuice supplied for Canadian by Canadians."

God I love this country.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Napalmvanity
reply to post by Six6Six

That is the most ridiculous ignorant load of crap I heard in a long time...I for one am a smoker, do not smoke that much. I quit for 2 years the day I found out I was pregnant. I do not need to smoke but I want to because it makes me feel better and takes my mind of other BS. Some people take things to extreme and are addicted to many things but it is to every individual and their discipline and personal will...lumping any group together is just ignorant, especially when you compare groups that have no likeness such as saying that smokers are as bad as pedophiles which is just insulting because also as a survivor of sexual abuse I do not see how someone smoking which is only doing harm to their own body in any way the same as someone forcing themself onto another human being, which has a lot more harmful side effects than any amount of cigarettes. I would love to know more about you. Where or what your fault is, what your addiction is. EVERYONE has some vice, even if they do not realize it or believe they do. I am sorry for whatever situations that you are currently dealing with that had made you become so full of hate but you shouldn’t alienate people by making lump judgments and spouting off with ignorant rants. Have a good one!
edit on 20-10-2011 by Napalmvanity because: typo

Another stupid paragraph by a smoker. A smoker with a child no less.

I will agree with you that everyone has a vice to some degree. But I do not smoke.

You say you smoke to make yourself feel better. Well that is smart. Well done you. To feel better you do something that intentionally harms you. But you later claim it only harms YOU. How dumb and ignorant can smokers be. If that was the case I would not care if people smoked or not.

The facts are that it harms those around you. Plus as someone who has a child (that they plainly do not care about) you should be thinking that if you get cancer you are not the only one who suffers. YOUR child does too. So parent of the year award to you. What you may do well with is some parenting lessons from someone who may be able to shed some light on how you may need a corrective adjustment.

I do not believe smokers should be allowed to smoke near a child or breathe their filth onto a child. And for someone to do it to make themselves feel better, you life must be crap. Why not do something constructive like take your child out somewhere or read a book, or sip a warm drink. Something that does not involve inhaling poisons into your body.

If I have a vice its petitioning for certain sectors of society to be restricted in their movements, choices and freedoms. This is a political thing only and not motivated by financial gains what-so-ever. I might well include smokers in this remit. Choosing to kill yourself in a slow way is make people like that unfit to have the charge of children. In my opinion. In fact in the UK it is now worming its way through the medical profession and into Child Services. Enjoy your potential cancer ridden future.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I'd rather be in a room half full of smokers than in a room with one drunk... I drink and I smoke, both things I developed a taste for while in the Marines, along with coffee of course... I also am rated at 110% disabled for service connected physical and psychiatric injuries that I take medication far more addictive than nicotine, caffeine or alcohol and have non addictive drugs prescribed for high cholesterol that nearly killed me and has caused me to lose my ability to remember things like driving 200 miles round trip to medical appointments or the first name of the mother of my first born child... I quit smoking because of a funky chest Xray but after awhile started again but made my own from American Spirit organic tobacco and my next physical showed no problems... My pulse, respiration, and blood pressure is that of a man 40 years younger and athletic at that.. I have been spending about $1.50 a day for pipe cut Perique blend that I add a little extra Perique too... My present wife has a hard time dealing with me when I don't smoke and tells me to get online and reorder when I start getting low... I'm going to get a water pipe to smoke with to cut down on the intake of hydrocarbons.. It works for Willie Nelson and he is older than the black dirt in Hill County where he grew up picking cotton... I wish the VA was as timely about filling my prescriptions as my tobacco supplier is about shipping my 3 month orders to me.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Chances of getting lung cancer when not exposed to secondhand smoke : 10 out of 1000000

Chances of getting lung cancer when exposed to secondhand smoke: 12.5 out of 1000000

Swoopaloop? Was that not the name given to a group of pedophiles in Belgium. Yes it was.

This is a nickname of mine in which the meaning behind it is none of your business lmao. And no I'm not a pedophile lmao. You sure are something else.

Actually, within the confines of Interpols Women and Children exploitation division they had a case in 1997 that allegedly involved some upper echelons of the Belgium government. There was a task force set up to track pedophiles across europe. It was named swoopaloop because most pedos within Interpol are referred to as Loops. Code for pedo. So operation swoopaloop was active for 9 months. As no one was ever successfully indicted the taskforce was reassined. Now within Interpol, pedos or swoopaloops are the same thing. Any time Interpol goes after pedos or a group of pedo its called swoopaloop. As the case invloved high up members of the belgium gov all recorded were sealed indefinitely blocking names and addresses that were searched.

You have proved nothing.

That is all the proof i need. Not some made up proof from a person who claims to steal girls from their boyfriends. I think you may be confusing Ladies with children and boyfriends with parents.

I will deal with you no more Mr Swoopaloop. But luck with what you do. The law is right behind you!

Also, I didn't claim that smoking doesn't kill. I claimed that statistics behind second hand smoke are bullsh!t and offered you proof that you failed to take in.

You've got nothing on me Satanist. Your life is probably an empty abyss. Have a great day and tell Satan I said "Whatup!" lmao

As for you MR swoopaloop (pedo)

Recent research published by the Ontario Tobacco Research Unit showed that with drivers smoking just one cigarette, the pollution created inside the car was 100 times greater than the US Environmental Protection Agency accepted standard for fine particle exposure. New Brunswick is the latest province in Canada to introduce legislation banning smoking in cars with children. This change in legislation will prohibit smoking in a car when there is a child under the age of 16 in it. Extremely sensible, common sense - but seen by some as too draconian and the trickling of nanny state rules again.

Second-hand smoke has been found to be strongly linked to chest infections in children, asthma, ear problems and sudden infant death syndrome, or cot death.

Source

ALL your facts are WRONG.

You should be BANNED for spreading false facts.

Interesting study. I will do more research into the subject that's for sure. And if I should be banned for these false facts then so should you on account of you calling me a "pedophile" which is a false fact. Nice Logic there

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
I'd rather be in a room half full of smokers than in a room with one drunk... I drink and I smoke, both things I developed a taste for while in the Marines, along with coffee of course... I also am rated at 110% disabled for service connected physical and psychiatric injuries that I take medication far more addictive than nicotine, caffeine or alcohol and have non addictive drugs prescribed for high cholesterol that nearly killed me and has caused me to lose my ability to remember things like driving 200 miles round trip to medical appointments or the first name of the mother of my first born child... I quit smoking because of a funky chest Xray but after awhile started again but made my own from American Spirit organic tobacco and my next physical showed no problems... My pulse, respiration, and blood pressure is that of a man 40 years younger and athletic at that.. I have been spending about $1.50 a day for pipe cut Perique blend that I add a little extra Perique too... My present wife has a hard time dealing with me when I don't smoke and tells me to get online and reorder when I start getting low... I'm going to get a water pipe to smoke with to cut down on the intake of hydrocarbons.. It works for Willie Nelson and he is older than the black dirt in Hill County where he grew up picking cotton... I wish the VA was as timely about filling my prescriptions as my tobacco supplier is about shipping my 3 month orders to me.

So after a "funky" chest x-ray you decided to start smoking again?

Are you not worried. Although I suppose If you have little to live for then maybe its no big deal.

Good luck to you.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Ok let me get this right, a emp takes out all electronics in the US, and your advocating everyone invest in electronic cigs???

Serious?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

You have proved nothing.

As for you MR swoopaloop (pedo)

Recent research published by the Ontario Tobacco Research Unit showed that with drivers smoking just one cigarette, the pollution created inside the car was 100 times greater than the US Environmental Protection Agency accepted standard for fine particle exposure. New Brunswick is the latest province in Canada to introduce legislation banning smoking in cars with children. This change in legislation will prohibit smoking in a car when there is a child under the age of 16 in it. Extremely sensible, common sense - but seen by some as too draconian and the trickling of nanny state rules again.

Second-hand smoke has been found to be strongly linked to chest infections in children, asthma, ear problems and sudden infant death syndrome, or cot death.

Source

ALL your facts are WRONG.

You should be BANNED for spreading false facts.

Interesting study. I will do more research into the subject that's for sure. And if I should be banned for these false facts then so should you on account of you calling me a "pedophile" which is a false fact. Nice Logic there

Point taken. I retract my stupidity!!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Oh for Gods sakes I was reading along and taking this seriously until I realized this is really an ad.

If it isn't it sounds an awful lot LIKE one and I guess I apologize but this sounds to me like an ad for whatever is posted at the link. Naturally other posters have already probably said this and so I am being redundant. Sorry for NOT reading all the posts. Sometimes I like to be spontaneous. It is a grave fault that will more than likely get me killed one day. Meanwhile... I enjoy the suspense.

I will tell you what this HAS done: I am an ex smoker myself and had planned to take it up again if we entered some Doomsday Scenario - and when I was certain there wasn't much longer we might live anyway.

You have just stopped me from doing that.
Sounds like a stupid idea now that I re-hash it in my head anyway.
I think I will just stay QUIT and keep my "one up on" the smokers.

I do not relish in fact I will not... be a slave (to cigarettes of all things!)
If I know I am vulnerable to attack and here it will be my own inclination to smoke - I can head it off and prevent the very possibility. Thank you very much in either event - I mean if this is a blatant advertisement for the smokeless cigarette or not. I see many EMBEDDED advertisements such as this popping up everywhere lately. Last night on 30 Rock was an "embedded" commercial for the Mc Flurry. They made the Mc Flurry a part of the show. I about fell off my chair.

And some of the most respected movie stars hawking reverse mortgages.
What a criminal enterprise THEY ARE.

I guess everybody needs money.

edit on 20-10-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

THANK YOU! I too saw this as nothing but an advertisement. Wonder how many kits the OP has sold because of it.

Very Clever, OP. Veerryyyy Clever!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join