It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No need to quit smoking during the apocalypse

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigwig22

Originally posted by Six6Six
Well I will admit when I have lost a small battle.

I can not continue fending off so many different people as we all know that cowards hunt in packs.

I am but one person. So enjoy your smokes. But I do truly hope those that smoke do get Cancer of one form or another.

I really do hope that. Because when you are explaining to your "loved" ones that you are dying they will truly know that only an idiot did not know that would happen. They will know that deep down the cig was more important than them. Your childrens faces when they have to see a weak old person with a breathing aid will be something I hope lives with them for a long time. Carry on hating yourselves enough to smoke. But he warnings are there. Smoking KILLS. Not just you but others too.

Lol! You are very funny! I personally was a smoker but i quit almost 1 year ago. I must say it was not easy.

Even if i quit, i know i will die someday and my loved ones will probably still be there. Wont you die too? Or because you didnt smoke you are kinda "imuned" to death?

Peace out

Ah a very decent question. You nearly quit? Well I give you credit for trying. Have you tried a medication called Champix (UK version) or Chantix (US version)

Next time try it. I have heard good things from past smokers.

And yes I will die one day. But I wont die from smoking through pneumonia or emphysema. Horrible ways to die.

Anyway, death for me is accepted as part of life. Im going to hell anyway and I heard its like Hedonism II .

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
I hope with every fiber of my existence that six6six and everyone of his existing family and their inbred offspring pay dearly for the vile evil wishes their scumbag sub human piece of swine dung relative that genetically ties them to disgust too horrific to exist in the minds of all but the most corrupt and lowest form of smelly organic existence to suffer the most horrific and pain filled existence anything that has ever experienced pain has endured multiplied by infinity... You can hang around and enjoy watching if you'd like, which a sick scrotum of a worm like yourself would surely would.

Very nice. I am sure you have broke most of the T@C's with this post.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Psychonautix

Screw you. seriously thats all i have to say like everyone else is. your just flat out ignorant hateful and disrespectful. regardless of anyones mistake WE ARE ALL HUMAN WE ARE ALL FAMILY WE ARE ALL ONE. no matter what you should never hate one another for ANY REASON.

Screw ME? Really? Really? this is your reply!! We ARE ALL HUMAN!!! hahahahhahahahaha

So a rapist just rapes someone and you will say "oh well, we are all just human"

A man murders a child...Just human you will say.

But NO you wont them because they are Human. The earth does not need people who harm themselves and others with their cancer sticks.

NO. Picking up a cigerette Once, twice even 4 times is a mistake. Doing it every day 5 - 10 times is just not a mistake anymore. Therefor you need to be treated accordingly. Like the cancers they will eventually get. I have more respect for cops that brutally beat people, for angels of death and for excrement left by deseased dogs. That is not an exaggeration BUT a fact!

Please do not use the excuse that we are all human. that is an excuse used by people who FAIL!! Pretty much sums you up!

The E CIG is a way forward by the sounds of the OP's thread. Try it.

to criticize another is to criticize god himself cause he created all of us, so before you open your mouth think about that. and im going to talk about addiction you know why because i was a drug addict for 3 years from 16 til now on one of the worst drugs to be addicted to and now im 4 months clean and you cant even open your F&%$ING mouth until you have been through it you have no room to talk. even for people who watched me go through it they cant even talk cause they cant comprehend what its like. not everyone uses it for an excuse and thats a fact cause you cannot physically prove that EVERYONE is the same like that, your ignorant to think so. im not gonna go as low as you to say another human being SHOULD die, thats so low, you are scum to say that. no matter what another human is your family, your brother/sister how can you say such things about your own species?

You say to criticize is to criticize god...mmmmmm you are preaching to the wrong person...the IRONY!!!

You were a drug addict. So what? Its funny how people who are hooked on drugs for all that time suddenly think they deserve credit for kicking the habit. But why start it in the first place? I didn't. None of the people I know did. But now I am supposed to congratulate you. Sorry but I do not understand why. I do not celebrate mediocrity in any shape or form. I wish you luck over the next 6 months as there will be many temptations round the corner with the festive season coming up. Message me in six months if you are still clean.

And YOU called me ignorant. Im not the druggy, so how ignorant can I be?

We were all given ONE life. And I am fed up with seeing people abuse it and make nothing of their one chance. When so many good people die I get pissed when I see the useless walking around asking for handout and praise for small things. Instead of messaging me, you should be trying ever so hard not to succumb to the poison you so clearly used to love. That feeling when you took your drug. You need to concentrate on staying clean. Thank You!
edit on 21-10-2011 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2011 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
A really good company that sells these e-cigs is www.vaporkingflavor.com

I get mine from there and they have all different flavors.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six
reply to post by Rocketman7

Smokers are weak and often they are considered easily breakable.

Plus they smell bad and quite frankly you can never trust a person that needs a drug to operate.

I would vote for smokers to be rounded up and be the first in line in the depopulation agenda. Plus they are a drain
on the Medical system right along side fat people!

I rank smokers along side pedophiles, rapists and religious zealots and obese people!
edit on 20-10-2011 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

The first people that should go are the hypocritical alcohol drinkers and we can use them for food. They are the people who brought us to the SHTF scenario to begin with. Besides they are so brain damaged they dont even know it

So step on those tards.

edit on 22-10-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by craig732

I suggest you remove the link. This is advertising and thus you're breaking the T&C. I wouldn't want anyone to feel the power of banhammer or any other punishment.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

Hmmm. I wonder how very different your life would be if every smoker who has ever had an influence in your life were eliminated? Notice I said eliminated, NOT replaced with a non smoker. Every person who perhaps worked in the plant that produced an oxygen mask that saved your father's life, or the guy who worked in the mill that planed the boards that built your house, or the guy who harvested the crops that feed you, or the gal who worked in the plant that canned said vegetables. How 'bout the teacher who taught you or the surgeon who removed your ruptured spleen or stitched you back together after an accident?

I will guarantee you that my father having smoked NEVER negatively affected your life......... or mine!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

To the fellow above who claims smart people smoke.
Yes they do and they die. How smart is that?

Well dang, I seriously wasn't aware that non smokers lived forever! Thank you for that tidbit!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Nicotine is a poison! Ecigs are also unregulated. Do you know who mixes your nicotine liquid? Most likely shipped in from overseas. Like most of the Ecigs are. At least with a real cig you can hold someone accountable for your death. Bad batch of drip, down goes Frazier. Kind of like a bad batch of meth.

If you want to use an alternative, that's awesome. Your still addicted to nicotine and you always will be.

Is it a safer form? Maybe. Know one really knows. But believe you me, if the Cigarette companies get their way, the sale of ecigs will be illegal. It's going to happen..... It's not if, it's when.

What are you gonna do then? create a drip lab for ecigs so you can get your fix.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
reply to post by bftroop

Really? Huh, I didn't know. Just kidding. I know all that stuff. I know it so well. Smoking is bad. It causes bad things to happen and horrible death. It smells. It causes lung disease and cancer. Do you think smokers haven't heard it all a million times? Do you think we don't know? Didn't you know all that each time you lit up? I'm sure you did. It's a bit insulting to think we're ignorant to those facts, don't you think? There are such die-hard smokers that will watch someone die from smoking and then go light up. If watching a loved one die from smoking doesn't do it, nothing will, especially the anonymous words on a message board. No one is going to quit until they do it of their own accord. If ecigs weren't an option, I'd still be smoking. I won't pretend otherwise.

But what needs to be stressed is that it's the smoke, not the nicotine that is the killer. And for those out there who can't or won't "just put it down," the smoke can be a death sentence. Using nicotine in a less deadly way is a complete win for those who have tried quitting smoking over and over again, with little to no success.

I'm as much of a slave to nicotine today as I am to caffeine. I've cut all the bad out of smoking while still maintaining the habit that I actually enjoy, all the while I'm no longer harming myself or anyone else. I'm okay with that. But this thread has gone way beyond off-topic, so...that's my half a cent.

Yes I know you know most of it. I was really stating a new thought process.

What is amazing to me is how people defend their nicotine addiction. Why are you defending it?

Caffeine not a poison, you can drink as much Coffee as you want and live. Try drinking some nicotine, even in a small amount. Nicotine is a poison. Period.

I used to defend my nicotine addiction just like you. It's not this, it's that. It's not that it's this. All excuses to keep the nicotine in your system. But to each their own. You keep on, keeping on. and I'll keep on keeping on a little longer than you.

My full two cents.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The key to a healthy life is to take everything in moderation.

I'm only human and my time on this floating blue rock is limited, so if I can enjoy it a little while I'm here, I'll be a bit happier. If enjoying your life means being completely and totally addiction free, then that's your path and it's what you should do.

Not for me, though. I'm not in denial--I have an addictive personality. Trying to change that would be changing who I am and I happen to like me, so instead of trying to deny myself, I try to watch my addictions and monitor my behavior to make sure I'm enjoying myself without going over the edge. And I try to watch for signs of things that could possibly cause a new addiction and stay away from them. I have never done hard drugs, I don't take prescription drugs and I don't drink. When I do drink, I drink waaaay to much although I don't have a problem with alcoholism (yet and hopefully never). No facebook or twitter, no cell phone here and I don't play video games (I had a Gameboy once and lost about a month of my life to Tetris.) I even get addicted to reading and if I pick up a book, I can't put it down until I finish it. I read The Stand in three days, only stopping to pee and get more coffee. And a little sleep for a couple hours here and there.

I wish I never lit that first cigarette when i was a kid but I did and I can't go back in time to change that. Today, I would never light one but I wasn't thinking about consequences at 16. I sometimes wish I wasn't the way I am but if wishes were horses....

but I realize my flaws and manage them the best I can. If you call that defending my addiction, you are partly right. I'm defending my personality, which happens to be addictive and I will always be this way.

Edited to add:

Caffeine not a poison, you can drink as much Coffee as you want and live. Try drinking some nicotine, even in a small amount. Nicotine is a poison. Period.

Yes, in quantity, nicotine is more deadly than caffeine but caffeine is absolutely a poison. You will die if you consume too much. But they are both classified in the same category and in normal use, are simply stimulants that have the same side-effects. I don't need government (or anyone) to tell me what I should or shouldn't ingest. I mix my own ejuice and know its potential harm and the percentage I mix is very low. Pure nicotine is extremely deadly but I'd be a fool to go near it. My juice is typically between 8 and 12mg per ml, which is .8 to 1.2 percent by volume. 100mg per ml is only 10% by volume and is dangerous enough for me not to use it. The amount of nicotine in my ejuice is no more dangerous or deadly than the amount of caffeine in an average cup of coffee.
edit on 22-10-2011 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2011 by CoherentlyConfused because: typos

edit on 22-10-2011 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by bftroop

Nicotine is a poison! Ecigs are also unregulated. Do you know who mixes your nicotine liquid? Most likely shipped in from overseas. Like most of the Ecigs are. At least with a real cig you can hold someone accountable for your death. Bad batch of drip, down goes Frazier. Kind of like a bad batch of meth.

If you want to use an alternative, that's awesome. Your still addicted to nicotine and you always will be.

Is it a safer form? Maybe. Know one really knows. But believe you me, if the Cigarette companies get their way, the sale of ecigs will be illegal. It's going to happen..... It's not if, it's when.

What are you gonna do then? create a drip lab for ecigs so you can get your fix.

Nicotine is a chemical that sometimes is used as a poison. True. Water is also a chemical that sometimes is used as a poison. So is Caffeine, Fluoride and Chlorine, the last two commonly found in America's tap water supply. . Does that mean they are not safe in small doses just because sometimes they can be labeled a poison? No. They are safe. Same thing with nicotine.

It takes 60 ml of 100 % pure liquid nicotine to make an adult human sick enough to poison him to death. This is over two ounces and one would have to drink the whole two ounces at one time. These are Facts. Look them up.

E-cig juice does not use 100% pure nicotine but liquid nicotine sold that is diluted with PG or VG. To make a juice we can vape, this solution is further diluted with PG and or VG and flavorings. After this liquid is further diluted, when we vape it, only a fraction of the nicotine gets absorbed into our bodies.

The studies have been done world wide. Nicotine by itself is not a carcinogen, nor does it cause heart or lung disease. It is the combustibles in burning tobacco smoke and the 4000 chemicals that do those things.

So what if e-cigs are unregulated. Do you believe everything the FDA tells you? I see the FDA regulate drugs everyday that kill people. You know this yourself, you see the ads on TV for lawsuits against the FDA for this or that drug. Facts are since 2004 not one person has ever become seriously sick or dies due to e-cigs. You cannot say that about many FDA approved drugs so I don't have any faith in the FDA's ability to do whats best for me.

I do know who mixes my e-liquids. I do. I purchase USP grade liquid nicotine, PG, VG and FDA approved flavorings and mix them myself. I purchase from large established reputable chemical companies here in the USA.

Again, you need to stop spouting the rhetoric and do some real research. The type of nicotine used in e-cigs are not the same as that found in cigarettes. We use a much less addictive form. We simply are Not addicted to nicotine with e-cigs like we used to be with cigarettes. That addiction gets broken after you are away from the nicotine and chemicals that make it stronger in cigarettes.

That decision has already been decided in court. E-cigs are legally a tobacco product and the FDA will regulate them as such in the coming future. - It was not the tobacco companies that were against e-cigs anyway. It is Big Pharma. E-cigs have proven so effective at helping people quit smoking, they are hurting Big Pharma's sales of FDA approved Nicotine Replacement Therapy Products (NRT's) like the Patches, Nicotine Inhaler, Nicotine Gum, etc. They are pissed that the E-cig was ruled a tobacco product by the courts. This means that Big Pharma cannot produce them as a drug delivery device to recoup money from the lost sales of NRT's. And we are fine with that because NRT's simply do not work for most people. NRT's nave a very low success rate. That's why the e-cig was invented in the first place. The inventor saw his father die of smoking related diseases and wanted to invent something that would work much better than the NRT's that did a very poor job.
edit on 22-10-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Wow,

I tried to read the whole thread.

I only made it to page two....

Now i need to go have a smoke

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I guess this poster doesn't realize that water and oxygen are also poisons. So that whole argument about nicotine is kinda moot

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

I guess this poster doesn't realize that water and oxygen are also poisons. So that whole argument about nicotine is kinda moot

Uhm, a bee sting is a poison that is injected into you system. If you read the links in my sig, I'll tell you I've only been stung 4 times this whole year. What happens when I inject poison into my system? (or the bees do, in this case...)

I make sure the stinger is pulled out, and afterwards I get brief swelling. 24 hours later, all traces of a sting is gone. My body has the antibodies to attach to the poison receptors, and they get flushed out of my system.

Humans have this awesome ability to deal with poisons from their environment.

Capsaicin is a poison. Nicotine is a poison, Caffiene is a poison, and Sucrose is a poison. Think about it. In this wonderful world in which we live, everything we take in from our surroundings is a poison to us. Think about it hard.

Back to Capsaicin for a moment. It's the chemical in peppers that makes them hot. Some peppers have none, such as green peppers, and some have lots, such as jalapenos, and some have tons, such as habaneros. Ground black pepper is a VERY common seasoning, yet, it contains Capsaicin as well. Most humans enjoy a mild poison in their system. Some of us tolerate mild poisons, and some of us eat habanero flavored beef jerky. Capsaicin is very powerful in the habanero form, it makes me hiccup and for ten minutes my mouth burns. I enjoy that.

But it is still a poison. We moderate the doses.

Any poison changes your bodies chemistry. That's the rush that is felt. It's addictive.

Call it chocolate, capsaicin, nicotine, sugar, salt or whatever, you need to realize that all humans are on the body poisoning rush. Too much sugar makes you hyper. Too much chocolate makes you horny. Too much salt gives you high blood pressure. Too much capsaicin makes you sweat, your nose run, and perhaps hiccups. Too much nicotine, and you realize how short life really is. You realize that there is NOT enough time in life to do everything you really want to do.

So you hit an e-cig, think about the love in your life, and go to bed, thankful for another day.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare

Originally posted by newcovenant

To the fellow above who claims smart people smoke.
Yes they do and they die. How smart is that?

Well dang, I seriously wasn't aware that non smokers lived forever! Thank you for that tidbit!

I hope this isn't the way you get all your information. Sort of making up ridiculous extrapolations off another persons random comment, though I'm betting it is.
Good luck with that.

Here is another tidbit for you to gnaw on: Non smokers typically live longer, better quality lives...I mean without the wheezing and coughing up phlegm. Some people would call that better.

edit on 23-10-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Arsenic, mercury, and iodine are poisons as well, yet our body actually needs trace amounts of them all to function properly. Moderation. The dose makes the poison and all that.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketman7
Also if you smoke using an e-cigarette you will not have bad breath at all. In fact it can smell like blueberry, apple, cappuccino, whatever you want. It is like a breath freshener.

And there is no second hand smoke. So if you smoke it in a vehicle you will smell nothing at all right beside the person.

They are legal to use anywhere as well because they do not contain tobacco of any kind and the laws regarding second hand smoke are for tobacco related products.

e liquid has nicotine and flavoring and a Glycerin as the bulk of the liquid.

People use aroma therapy with oils that are probably as harmful or moreso than nicotine.

The same principal. An atomizer or vaporizer that uses a Glycerin base with essential oil of some kind.

Aroma therapy kits for fat people etc

Well I tried smoking an E-Cigarette, just to see what the fuss was all about.
It tasted nasty!
There was no 'hit' or anything, just a foul taste in my mouth that took hours to get rid of.
Yes, it was worse than smoking a normal tobacco cigarette.

BTW all those doom-mongers decrying smokers.
In a post Sitx world hemp-growing will be back in fashion for getting materials into the market (albeit a rough and tumble market).
If there's hemp, there's dope...
So people won't be so short of things to smoke if that's there thing...

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Hemp doesn't contain nicotine, though. I tried smoking it once in high school and I was quite loopy and dysfunctional for several hours, so I'll happily pass on that.

I've tasted some really bad ecig flavors, too. When you find the right flavor, it's hard to put them down. Once you've been without a cigarette for a while, you discover that they are the most vile things and you wonder what ever made you stick one in your mouth and light it in the first place. Why did they used to taste so good?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Taking statin drugs for high cholesterol was the closest thing to being poisoned I can imagine.... My whole body hurt like it had never before and I was already receiving treatment and medication for chronic pain ... Anything that has to have a prescription to get will kill you.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join