It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

global anti-trust rules

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Revealed – the capitalist network that runs the world

Crucially, by identifying the architecture of global economic power, the analysis could help make it more stable. By finding the vulnerable aspects of the system, economists can suggest measures to prevent future collapses spreading through the entire economy. Glattfelder says we may need global anti-trust rules, which now exist only at national level, to limit over-connection among TNCs. Bar-Yam says the analysis suggests one possible solution: firms should be taxed for excess interconnectivity to discourage this risk.

One thing won't chime with some of the protesters' claims: the super-entity is unlikely to be the intentional result of a conspiracy to rule the world. "Such structures are common in nature," says Sugihara.

Comments?

It seems to me that the OWS movement would be very interested in this. Like a weak spot in Smaug's armour.

How can global anti-trust rules be implemented?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
This seems like something rather important...I'm surprised that no one has commented. Maybe I should have made the thread title a bit more inflammatory?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Student X

It's very interesting, I'm still reading the article. I think it's not really news to OWS and supporters but it is good to have some scientific data on your side. Thanks for sharing, it is important

Edit to add:
In fact I'm going to share the article on some OWS forums.
edit on 20-10-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Student X

Another interesting report that is related to your post can be found on Al Jazeera English under their "programmes" section. It's called "The men who crashed the world" and deals with the interconnectedness of the banking business around the world and how it eventually led to the debacle of 2008.

new topics

top topics

join