It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Future Of Travel: Quantum Trapping!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Suspending a superconducting disc above or below a set of permanent magnets. The magnetic field is locked inside the superconductor ; a phenomenon called 'Quantum Trapping'.
www.quantumlevitation.com...
edit on 20-10-2011 by RowdyAmerican1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
See we don't need Oil

This is just some guy on his own who invented & payed for his own working prototype to be made, it could be used for many types of public transport, and improved, that's just one guy and his idea/invention, so i wonder what the big corps & government are designing today with billions of there own money?

Oh yeah, thats what there doing, NOTHING!!!

They will probably buy his design/patent from him and throw it in the vault with all the rest

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
While I think it would be pretty cool, this thread here, www.abovetopsecret.com... explains why it is not a viable use for transportation.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
How can this be used for mass travel? I imagine any nation trying to employ this type of techology would have to rip apart all there existing roadways and lay magnets. Also how are you going to keep the nitrogen(Cooling Solution) cold? if you could somehow get this to work using only the Earths magnetic field then that would certainly be something! Think the greys are allready have this propultion mastered eh? Please excuse my spelling, ive had a few beers.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I was theorizing about this and I figured out that if you just made a cheap enough bravel / concrete mixture with magnetized iron normal cars and these cars could drive at the same time.

You could use rotating magnets on the cardinal points of the vehicle to brake, turn, accelerate, and decelerate.

Also, if you invert the road, the cars could float over the sky by railway, and the passenger would be free to look down on a metropolis like NYC and all the silly traffic.

Our only goal is to reduce costs with the fact in mind that as technology gets smaller and cheaper, we may not need roads at all, because we will follow the magnetic grid of the earth, and only things like tourist destinations would have special roads or rails built.

So, might still need intermediary travel until cars can be eliminated.

I also noted, it lends a lot of creedence to the UFO theories. So strange it is just not being made public. Our biggest concern was what the magnetic fields would do to the human race, and I don't mean cellphones/computers/credit cards.

So basically all you would need is a feul tank full of liquid nitrogen cooling your magnet.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

If you thought overheating was bad for your car now...imagine if you were driving inverted on a magnetic rail when it happened.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This has been known for a veeerrryy long time!

It's actually being used in 'Maglev' - the Japanese trains. Rather than using wheels and friction...it's using magnets to guide and propel. Of course there are problems with needing to have strong enough magnets and such..

This type of experiment (the one shown) is usually to secondary/high school students.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
This is not the same concept of a Maglev train, do you see an electromagnet in action?

No.

This is cooling a magnet to lock in the magnetic field, a maglev works by running an electromagnet, which requires fossil feuls to power. There are two types of maglev, positive and negative, the negative repels and the walls are lines as well, the positive attracts and needs to magnets to guide it on the sides. The negative is cheaper, the positive is more expensive but can be mounted on a rail type system instead of an inground dug in type.

This is totally different, but to explain it would be moot if you don't see why by this point.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dashdragon

If you thought overheating was bad for your car now...imagine if you were driving inverted on a magnetic rail when it happened.

Drop like a rock.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RowdyAmerican1

This is normal. Most physics teachers can show you this in class.
edit on 21-10-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry

Originally posted by Dashdragon

Drop like a rock.

Exactly...kersplat.

With safety requirements nowadays, I doubt anything inverted would come from this. At least not without a ton of safety systems built in.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
"If you thought overheating was bad for your car now...imagine if you were driving inverted on a magnetic rail when it happened."

I know wht you mean, its bad enough for my CPU! Cooling thats hard as it is.

top topics

join