It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basque Separatists Declare Halt to Violence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Basque Separatists Declare Halt to Violence

www.nytimes.com...

After nearly half a century of violence in its struggle for independence in the traditional Basque homeland in Spain and France, the separatist group ETA declared a unilateral end to its campaign of bombings and shootings on Thursday, saying it wished to seize a “historical opportunity to reach a just and democratic resolution” of the conflict.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on Thu Oct 20 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This is great news!! ETA, after bombings and shootings, in Spain will stop!!! Let's hope that they completley disarm, Spain is such a wonderful place, I hope they keep there promise and stick to this

Apparently Sinn Fein & Gerry Adams from the IRA claim to fame are also calling for European cease fire.I hope this happens and all parties keep to there word!!

[url=http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/21/world/europe/eta-basque-separatists-declare-halt-to-violence-in-spain-and-france.html?_r=1]www.nytimes.com[/url ]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
They did this a few years ago. Hope they stick to it

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I hope so.

I drive past the supermarket Hypercor where one of their bombs wounded 500 people, the worst ever I think.

Lets see if they disarm, the innocent people have nothing to do with it and never have.

ETA: Your Link dont work.
edit on 20-10-2011 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-10-2011 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join