It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could you pass a US citizenship test?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I found this test this morning, and I thought I would share it with you all. I thought it would be interesting to see how others do and I even encourage those who don't live in the US who know the answers (you may be surprised who knows the answers, and who does not,
)
www.csmonitor.com...
edit on 20-10-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

I missed 16
edit on 20-10-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Two wrong. The one about what war we fought in the 1800s and for whatever reason I chose the Austria, Germany, Japan option for which nations we fought in WW2. Good going, Heehaw.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

12 of 96 correct so far...

Did it start on #17 for you too? What's up with that?

EDIT:
Wait just a second here...it's a trap! Don't take the test, if you fail they revoke your citizenship and export you!

Right?

edit on 10/20/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

It did. I'm guessing that's where the OP left off when he posted the link. Some websites do something like that. Like I can link to a thread on a forum and it will automatically scroll down to where I was when I copied the link.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by Veritas1

12 of 96 correct so far...

Did it start on #17 for you too? What's up with that?

I edited the original link, now it begins with question 1. Sorry about that

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
flipping eck you dont need to know much to get in the usa do you, mushed a few questions but still got 82/96 and that was giving myself virtually 3-4 seconds per question and not even studied american history and my knowledge of american presidents is the animaniacs song

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I PASSED!!! *does victory dance* Woohoo!!!
That was a lot longer than I thought it would be for some reason

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I took the test and got 2 wrong......it was interesting......I was born a U.S. citizen....so I never had to take a test.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

I imagine it's a little tougher if you're some dude from Chad or Pakistan, as opposed to someone who's been an American citizen from day one and has had a few decades to absorb it all.

I mean even I missed one (I coulda sworn senators were supposed to represent the state legislators. Oh well)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by Maxatoria

I imagine it's a little tougher if you're some dude from Chad or Pakistan, as opposed to someone who's been an American citizen from day one and has had a few decades to absorb it all.

I mean even I missed one (I coulda sworn senators were supposed to represent the state legislators. Oh well)

i'm one of your colonial overlords from blighty
but i suppose that alot of the logic of how things work is the same here in the UK as it is in the USA and we get to watch alot of your tv shows so somehow its bound to rub off

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It made me realise I know a lot more about America thanks to being a member of ATS. I wouldn't have known half the answers had it not been for my education here. Now gimme a green card

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Seems I could pass for an American, until I open my mouth and a Canadian accent blows it for me.
I got 75 correct =/

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I got 5 I knew i should of stayed home

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
It is very hard not to pass this test. It was shockingly easy and some of the questions were simply stupid and I have to admit that I had not thought about it but the president has way too much power! It is like a capitalist monarchy over there!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Lol that was the only one i missed as well. I expected it to be a bit more difficult.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I'm embarrassed to admit that I had 4 answers wrong.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
10 wrong overall and also not a US citizen or ever particularly studied US history. I did get the Declaration of Independence date wrong - maybe that is some ancient british amnesia kicking in!

top topics

join