It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

minister has come under fire for calling tsunami victims "idiots"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Japan's disaster minister has come under fire for calling tsunami victims "idiots" for not moving to safety quickly enough in the March 11 disaster.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
You might want to add a source before the source mongers see that post and maybe post a bit of an article in off site content brackets

Like this

This is an ignorant statement if true, I would have to read a source to get a better idea about what happened and what was said

edit on 20-10-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by stake

Stake, welcome to ATS.

Since you're new we'll cut you some slack and I'll help you out here with a source, but your opening post violates several of the sites terms and conditions. I'm not a moderator so I'm not allowed to moderate, but I can help you out by posting a source and showing you how you were supposed to quote text from the article.

Japan's disaster minister says sorry after calling tsunami victims who failed to flee 'idiots'

Japan's disaster minister has come under fire for calling tsunami victims "idiots" for not moving fast enough to safety during the March 11 disaster.

Then you also need to make some commentary like this:

I find it surprising that since this minister's predecessor was fired for making inappropriate comments months earlier, that the new minister would also make inappropriate comments too. But at least he's apologized for them.

So those are the three things your OP needed, link, external text, and your commentary. You're batting zero for three. Please read the rules for starting a thread and please don't start one unless you follow them.

Thanks.

edit on 20-10-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
im going to keave ATS...

thats enough to say sorry after he called them idiots?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by stake
im going to keave ATS...

Are you seriously going to leave ATS over a thread where other members are simply trying to help you??

edit on 20-10-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by stake

Well his predecessor got fired for making such comments, so he might get fired also. I never said his apology was enough.

Bye.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

nowhere else I have t seen so much
stupid rules as here

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by stake

Actually your opening post can be considered plagiarism because you didn't attribute any source making it look like you wrote what someone else wrote.

Not only is that illegal for you to do, but the site that hosts such posts can also get in legal trouble for allowing plagiarism. So I think the rules of most sites on the internet forbid plagiarism at least to cover themselves legally, if nothing else.

But yes there are plenty of other sites with less rules, and many ATSers don't like them because they allow things like personal attacks between members which isn't allowed here, just as an example.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

u dnt attack me now?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by stake
reply to post by Arbitrageur

u dnt attack me now?
On the contrary, I'm actually being very polite and friendly to you. This link talks about the site policy on personal attacks:

Ad Hominem Attacks And You

An example would be one member calling another member a stupid moron.

In a way, what the Japanese minister did by calling people idiots is such an attack. So if you think what the Japanese minister did was wrong, and apparently you feel that way, then you might also agree that the ATS rules against such behavior may actually be useful after all. The people on ATS won't tolerate it, and the people of Japan shouldn't have to tolerate it either.
edit on 20-10-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

top topics

join