It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turn a word into a logo!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I'm toying around with using the word 'Bodacious' as part of my brewery name. However, I'm having trouble thinking of how the name (Bodacious Brewing Co.) would be reflected in a logo. I know a lot of people think of breasts (thank you 'An Officer & A Gentleman') when using that word.

Sure voluptuous is one derivation, but I'm using it in the context of remarkable, bold, unmistakeable beer.

What does that word bring to mind for you? How would you illustrate it?

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

Well....since that is going to be the name of your brewing company...might I suggest you call your first flavor "Double D's"
Who doesn't look good holding a couple Double D's?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
You want a logo created? what kind of styles did you have in mind? any examples?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Do you guys brew an IPA, those are my favorite beers and I would love try one.

And I have to say the first thing that came into my mind was boobies. I just went down to Ballast Point Brewery in San Diego and their beer is great they have a fish theme for all their beer. My favorite was the sculpin IPA. Stone my favorite beer brewery is a Gargoyle type guy. I think the most important thing is the quality and taste of you're brew but yea you need a good advertising stand point. It's hard there's a lot of companies out there now doing craft beer.
edit on 20-10-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

Love it. Perfect name for a Dubbel. Double 'D' Dubbel.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54
Do you guys brew an IPA, those are my favorite beers and I would love try one.

And I have to say the first thing that came into my mind was boobies. I just went down to Ballast Point Brewery in San Diego and their beer is great they have a fish theme for all their beer. My favorite was the sculpin IPA. Stone my favorite beer brewery is a Gargoyle type guy. I think the most important thing is the quality and taste of you're brew but yea you need a good advertising stand point. It's hard there's a lot of companies out there now doing craft beer.
edit on 20-10-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

Funny you say that, I was thinking the slogan would be "It's all about the taste!"

I'm pretty fond of darker ale's. Most breweries that I have seen (Remember, I'm a homebrewer dreaming of having my own brewpub someday), have 5 to 6 year-round beers. I'll probably do the same.

I like IPA's, but the hops have to place nice with each other. I also like malty, chewy beers. I'd like to do a nice breakfast stout, red, blonde/cream, IPA, Dubbel and pehaps a spicy beer (heat wise). Then you'd have your seasonals.

Yeah, craft beer has exploded. But, like I said, the real craft is in homebrewing and I've always wanted to come up with original recipes and label my own bottles (gifts and what not). And, who knows, if I ever make it big I'll be a step ahead.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sicksonezer0

Logo styles? Yeah, that's where I'm struggling. Like others have mentioned, it's hard not to think boobs with a word like bodacious. But, as stated, it's meant to be used as bold, remarkable, unmistakeable and not voluptuous. So, if you take away the boobs, what do you envision?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

There was a famous PBR bull named Bodacious.. They had to retire him because he kept smashing people's faces.. Maybe something with a bull in it? I dunno it's probably copyrighted though..
edit on 20-10-2011 by Buddha1098 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098

There was a famous PBR bull named Bodacious.. They had to retire him because he kept smashing people's faces.. Maybe something with a bull in it? I dunno it's probably copyrighted though..
edit on 20-10-2011 by Buddha1098 because: (no reason given)

I remember that, the guy that rode him had every bone in his face broken and came back years later with head and face protection and the bull still broke every bone in his face again.

new topics

top topics

join