It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Replica AK-47 BB guns allowed into Canada

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by imitator

And what makes you think that? Your firearm 'expertise'?
These guns use real bottom receivers, different trigger assembly, different rivets, different barrel assembly.
It isnt that hard to do, if you have the right tools, and parts. but there would be no point to convert one, it would cost LESS to buy one, legal or not.

And also, im not flaming, or trying to start an argument, but what does your cell phone have to do with this?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Anishnaabe

Because converting a cellphone to a gun has been done before with relative ease. There's even videos floating around the net.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Yeah, what i meant was what does a cell phone have to do with the RCMP just now acting on these 'guns'.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
reply to post by Dragoon01

Real AK-47s are already available on the underground market here.

The government wants the public to be extremely sensitive against private ownership of guns. I'm not even allowed a firearms license for hunting purposes because I am openly critical of the government.

Laid into em when they said something about the bodies in the trunk?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Oh I can see it now, its going to be pure hell around here when TSHTF. You won't be able to go anywhere without a piece of cardboard as a shield.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketman7
Oh I can see it now, its going to be pure hell around here when TSHTF. You won't be able to go anywhere without a piece of cardboard as a shield.

I think the Canadian Tuxedo should be ample protection against the blistering onslaught of pellets. It's some pretty heavy denim.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by Rocketman7

I think the Canadian Tuxedo should be ample protection against the blistering onslaught of pellets. It's some pretty heavy denim.

Lumber jacket, made in China, bought at Walmart.

Do yourself a favor and get one of these for your bunker...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anishnaabe

It isnt that hard to do, if you have the right tools, and parts. but there would be no point to convert one, it would cost LESS to buy one, legal or not.

And also, im not flaming, or trying to start an argument, but what does your cell phone have to do with this?

Anyone with normal fabrication skills can convert anything into a gun... thus cell phones, wallets, cameras etc.. As Dimitri pointed out, it has been done before.

Why would the RCMP worry about a BB gun, when it's not a prohibited weapon.. The parts of it doesn't break any laws.

edit on 21-10-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by imitator

Originally posted by Anishnaabe

Anyone with normal fabrication skills can convert anything into a gun... thus cell phones, wallets, cameras etc.. As Dimitri pointed out, it has been done before.

Why would the RCMP worry about a BB gun, when it's not a prohibited weapon.. The parts of it doesn't break any laws.

edit on 21-10-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

All realistically-looking replicas are banned from entering the country. This is the issue at hand, since it was customs officials that let the Type-56 replicas in.

I remember many years ago just trying to buy an airsoft handgun from the states. Customs seized it and sent me some letter stating that the item was banned from entering the country and it was going to be "sacrificed to the crown". The Yankee got his $50, I got my first run in with the government in my young teens, and I'm sure some customs prick got to give his kid a nice new airsoft gun.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join