It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA checkpoints on Tennessee highways!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Looks like the lucky people of Tennessee will have more than police officers to worry about during their daily travels.

tn.gov

NASHVILLE --- The Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security on Tuesday partnered with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and several other federal and state agencies for a safety enforcement and awareness operation on Tennessee’s interstates and two metropolitan-area bus stations. The agencies conducted a Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response (VIPR) operation at scale complexes where trucks and large vehicles are weighed. The VIPR operation was also conducted at two regional bus terminals in Nashville and Knoxville.

I remember the TSA checkpoints in Florida bus stations not too long ago. Well Tennessee is the next lucky contestant in "Let's play Nazi checkpoint".

I sure hope they aren't perverted thieves like the airport employees.

Oh, please remember. The terrorists hate us for our Freedom

edit on 20-10-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The TSA = a misbegotten attempt at job creation. I kid, but wow. This is horrible. It's like a Rent-a-cop version of the S.S. Who would have thought this agency would have metastasized so quickly?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mistermonculous

What worries me is it they can do it in a few states, what's stopping them from making this a permanent thing in every state. It's safe to bet that is their long term plan.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I can understand them doing this for border states.. but Tennessee?

Can someone explain to me why Tennessee needs this?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

What worries me is it they can do it in a few states, what's stopping them from making this a permanent thing in every state. It's safe to bet that is their long term plan.

Or their short-term one. The legions of those who couldn't make the cut for Mall Security are stampeding out of the airports and into the public sector at a pretty good clip. What's the thinking here?

"O.K., we're ramping up for some major authoritarian boolsheet here, but we don't want to freak anyone out by putting forward anything too official. Yeah, we really stepped in it w/ Homeland Security, but we've come a long way since then.

So here's the gameplan: establish an agency where any yahoo with a G.E.D. and a hard-on for wearing a uniform gets hiring priority. Give these guys unprecedented non-military/police authority over cilvilians. Start 'em out in the airports, where people pretty much have to eat whatever **** we see fit to dish out. Then, expand to all areas of transport. Bus stations, major highways, subways, whatever.

Finally? A T.S.A. agent for every private home. Stationed outside the bathroom for cavity checks."

Sorry for the vitriol, this issue really gets my dander up.
edit on 20-10-2011 by mistermonculous because: I sense this post is going to get me into trouble.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

No need to apologize friend.

This is an important subject that any sane person should be disturbed by.

You make a good point about giving civilians authority over other civilians. This seems like it could be unconstitutional. The patriot acts murdered your constitution though.

The USA is screwed

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and several other federal and state agencies for a safety enforcement and awareness operation

The word "other" should be replaced with "along with". The only part of the TSA that is actually LAW ENFORCEMENT is the Air Marshalls TSA. And I highly doubt that there are going to be any of them on any highways. This is just another way to cram these wanna-be-cops down our throats. There is no reason that local, state, and federal law enforcement can't handle this without having these morons there.
This is directly from the TSA website under the "Who We Are" section"

We are your neighbors, friends and relatives. We are 50,000 security officers, inspectors, directors, air marshals and managers who protect the nation's transportation systems so you and your family can travel safely. We look for bombs at checkpoints in airports, we inspect rail cars, we patrol subways with our law enforcement partners, and we work to make all modes of transportation safe.

Its bad enough we have to deal with this neanderthals at the airports, now highways! "excuse me sir, did you pack your trunk yourself"

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
vote for Ron Paul - you won't have any of this re-dick-u-less-ness.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LrBc1275

They actually had them on the highways last weekend. Regrettably they have been and most likely will continue doing this. I hope their is a public outcry and it is stopped.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
wow

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Unreal...I am in MA so I know all about a "stepped up presence" from ~cough~ federal agencies. For the past ten years we will every now and then get a glimpse of this kind of thing with reasoning of "well the planes all left from Logan" (ie Logan Int'l Airport, Boston, MA.)
Without beating a dead horse, security is one thing, flirting with the civil liberties of people is another.

reply to post by Corruption Exposed

edit on 20-10-2011 by LrBc1275 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LrBc1275

I'm glad you are able to see the bigger picture. Many people hear about this and don't care because it's not their state. Well, things are spreading like wildfire. I am in Canada and still feel threatened by stories like this. The Canadian government has been adopting an American style policy when it comes to privacy rights. We have new crime legislation coming into effect that even the Texas governor said was way too tough. So that leaves me thinking if it can happen to Tennessee and other states, who is to say that it won't happen to Canadians.

It must take some getting used to having people with automatic rifles walking around. That picture you provided says a thousand words.

new topics

top topics

join