It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Origins of Wisdom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Many people believe the stories of the different gods of civilizations to be either false or just metaphors to wisdom. Some even believe they all say and point to the same wisdom but just use different stories and symbols. Now my question is where did wisdom of spirituality and/or love come from? Religious people need not to reply because I already know what your answer will be, I want to see what other(atheists/agnostics/etc) people think about this.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ralphy
Many people believe the stories of the different gods of civilizations to be either false or just metaphors to wisdom. Some even believe they all say and point to the same wisdom but just use different stories and symbols. Now my question is where did wisdom of spirituality and/or love come from? Religious people need not to reply because I already know what your answer will be, I want to see what other(atheists/agnostics/etc) people think about this.

I think the search and understandings started with the mysteries of nature/life.

Fire, wind, water, ect....

Take a mystery, a unknown, and tie in ones personal intellect and personality..and a belief is created or the mind begins to at least wonder.

You also have dreams...that allow our imagination to create things and this too can cause us to seek something deeper in 'life' or to even find in our own personal understandings, a power that is beyond and behind, life itself.

The unknowns are the cause and the effect is man trying to explain that which is unknown.

I think that the very word of 'god/spirit' is in life itself....so always, mankind has been able to be with nature and see or feel that there is something tying life together, that there is something almost magical, about life 'being'.

Edit to add...peoples personal desires and fears also get tied into beliefs or understandings.

edit on 20-10-2011 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I think the search and understandings started with the mysteries of nature/life. Fire, wind, water, ect.... Take a mystery, a unknown, and tie in ones personal intellect and personality..and a belief is created or the mind begins to at least wonder. You also have dreams...that allow our imagination to create things and this too can cause us to seek something deeper in 'life' or to even find in our own personal understandings, a power that is beyond and behind, life itself. The unknowns are the cause and the effect is man trying to explain that which is unknown. I think that the very word of 'god/spirit' is in life itself....so always, mankind has been able to be with nature and see or feel that there is something tying life together, that there is something almost magical, about life 'being'. Edit to add...peoples personal desires and fears also get tied into beliefs or understandings.
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Now that, quoted above is absolutely a beautiful way to describe the mysteries of life and our need to make sense of the unknown. I really love it so much I want to save it in a word document. lol Is that ok with you?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

Advanced beings are proven in artifacts and experience...however it is quite easy to dismiss that which we do not know or have yet to see for our self.

History can teach us a lot but it can also twist truth to suit the writer. I think no matter how one looks at it or rather from which angle, one can be sure the evidence speaks loudly that we are not alone. We are not the only ones hanging out experiencing life within this Universe and beyond. Every generation speaks of "visitors" that are advanced beyond their knowledge.....who is to say it is not real? The evidence in my opinion speaks so loud, yet why do we dismiss something our leaders have disclosed yet will not own up to? If our leaders came on TV today and showed us advanced beings they are in contact with, we would all then believe.? If those said Advanced Beings came before us and said God created them....we would all then believe?

I love thinking about how it could all play out!!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

of course tht is ok with me-thank you for the warm compliments...

LV

top topics

join