It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In memory of Col. Muammar Gaddafi...For those who don't know, the truth revealed

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by Char-Lee

Honestly, i am not old enough to i have been in Libya in the last few years rather than prior to that. All that i can say is that the older people we spoke to in Libya, when they were sure there was no one to overhear, would say that it was great in the old days. I realise that old people in most places say this though so cannot really comment on that one way or the other!

Regarding the rebels, these are people that have lived under tyranny for 40 years. Who are we to say whether they are right or wrong in their actions. This is not meant as a criticism but honestly we in the advanced west really do not have a clue about life in places such as this. It is so far removed from what we know that you really cannot apply our morality to such issues - it is like trying to force a square peg into a round hole.

Is it tasteful some of the acts that the rebels have carried out? No

Do i blame them? No, i hate to admit but i would probably harbour the same hatred if i had lived under such tyranny for so long

I do not believe the "rebels" were natural but the beginning of uprisings were orchestrated I do not believe it was a majority favored action. Why is it always outside forces are always involved...Gaddafi himself took over in a bloodless coup in 1969. If there is going to be killing and bombing it should not be administered by NATO or others with their own agendas.
You have to read the history of these countries(not Wikipedia) before you can see a clear picture of the leaders they have today and whether they will have improvement with new leaders and why. Nothing is as it seems. Many people assume that religions will change and beliefs that have been held for thousands of years in some of these countries that they will become us with new leaders. I don't think this is what the people of these countries want at all.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I guess since the country turned against their oh so precious leader, he must've been a good guy. Oh wait, it was the West that took him out?

I could've sworn it was...you know, his own people who put a bullet in his skull and then dragged his worthless corpse around some streets.

Good riddance and goodbye Gaddafi. You won't be missed and neither will your horrible sense of fashion.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Whatever he did in the past, the leaders of the world turned a blind eye to it, untill they had something to gain by killing him, they are not the hero's that they are claiming to be, they are just opportunity takers, who will find a justification for killing someone for their own gain. But untill the time is right, they will continue to turn a blind eye to any evil doing, when anyone stands in between them and their greed, they will be removed under the banner of justice.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Colonel Gaddafi you will be missed, i never knew about this man before the media #-storm but since watching all the propaganda and hatred towards him it has had the oppersit effect on me and i've grown to like him.

R.I.P to this great leader and honorable military man. He resisted the nwo to the end. Those people who sided with the national trasitonal council and anti-gaddafi forces will be judged by God eventually and they deserve the tyranny that's about to reign over their country.

As a christian i will pray for Gaddafi as i do not believe he was the ruthless dictatator people are making him out to be. All he wanted was the best for libya. Long live the Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, when i watch the rebels on T.V it reminds me of a bunch of animals, that have no respect for human life.

The National Transitonal council are nothing but criminals who have already commited a war crime by killing a prisoner of war. Are these the people you really want running your country?

Oh and anyone who thought the rebels were the one's who took out Gaddafi's convey are misguided, those rebels couldn't even shoot straight. It took a fleet of french warplanes to take out the 15 vehicle convoy. How convenient. French Air Force are the ones to blame!
edit on 21-10-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by murkraz

Reuters, Al-Jazeera, Associated Press and other mainstream media are propaganda whores and they have no problem showing bloody maimed body of those they hate and despise.

RIP Muammar Muhammad Abu Minyar al-Gaddafi. We know you tried to bring about African Gold Dinar for oil trading. We know you offended the elites deadly.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Star, Salute, and Flag.
No one ever thanks the messenger. Thank you for everyone.

It amazes me how many people still don't get it!?!?!

If this guy is evil for doing good deeds, maybe you should watch some of the videos of our millitary in Iraq, of us supposedly liberating a country. We are always ready to point fingers. Our soldiers behaved like elementary kids with guns, taunting civilians, torturing them, prentending they were going to give the kids water, making the kids chase the hummer for miles, only to never give the kids the water, shooting civilians with 50 cals!!!!!....... Please tell me you are aware this.
Gaddafi could have flipped nato upside down, and he could have effected the WHOLE WORLD's economy when you add everything up.

Please stop comparing hitler to Gaddafi, it is mindless and pointless. It also just proves you have an inability to see beyond the media. Compare Bush to Hitler.

Hitler never promoted literacy, he encouraged ingnorance by promoting erroneous myths stitched together from the various ancients text he studied. He did not have a vision of unifying the Mother continent, and hitler certainly did NOT have programs or laws constructed for the benefit of all of his citizens and neighbors.

I hate to go here but, STOP, here's something I bet you didn't know about hitler.
- For the record, hitler was sick, he was known for having sexual relations with his niece, which he murdered. He would make her urinate on him, and other gross things. This is the truth about hitler, so to compare the two individual would be like comparing a human to a dog.

To hear and to fully understand what Gaddafi did, is amazing. I am glad we still have people that have their face turned towards humanity. He was great. If you don't think so, because you rather judge him by what you don't really know about him then, so be it. We are concrete about the things he built, his laws, and his vision. Those things will stand for years. But, the propaganda fueled by the media to suggest the contrary, will be gone tomorrow.

.......and one more thing. For those of you who are NOT aware or you are just starting your 'investigation of truth',
Saddam, Gaddafi, Kim Jung, Castro and a few others have been on The Western s**t list for some time, even before most of us were born, so if one is to draw the conclusion or place the blame on the Obama administration one has inaccurately analyzed history . He has very, very little to do with this, I would like to think of him or any other president as an instrument for the shadow gov. or the mouthpiece and face. These are old enemies.

It amazes me, either some of just can't believe its true or you are some of the mis/disinformants that we see, since this is a big media center.
We are still losing philanthropist, soldiers, messengers, and prophets to this day.

"while we stand aside and look/ some say its just apart of it/ we gotta to fufill the book/wont you help to sing/ this song of freedom/
Bob Marley-Redemption Song
"If we all came together, then they can't divide one"
Distant Relatives-My Generation
edit on 21-10-2011 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: sry for typos**

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
Colonel Gaddafi you will be missed, i never knew about this man before the media #-storm but since watching all the propaganda and hatred towards him it has had the oppersit effect on me and i've grown to like him.

R.I.P to this great leader and honorable military man. He resisted the nwo to the end. Those people who sided with the national trasitonal council and anti-gaddafi forces will be judged by God eventually and they deserve the tyranny that's about to come over there country.

As a christian i will pray for Gaddafi as i do not believe he was the ruthless dictatator people are making him out to be. All he wanted was the best for libya. Long live the Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, when i watch the rebels on T.V it reminds me of a bunch of animals, that have no respect for human life.

Wow, now back to reality, the God you worship would not take sides, but I think there's a good chance the victims of this man would have had their voices heard an awful lot more. If you had truly never heard of Gadaffi until the recent liberation of Libya you may wish to consider learning more about the big wide world. You profess you know nothing about him but are quick to discount other peoples opinions on him based on facts.

You are a strange person, and that isn't meant as a compliment I'm afraid.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

R.I.P to this great leader and honorable military man. He resisted the nwo to the end. Those people who sided with the national trasitonal council and anti-gaddafi forces will be judged by God eventually and they deserve the tyranny that's about to come over there country.

[

In the midst of chaos and bloodshed, I get to find people like you who can really see the truths.

The least we can do now is to educate our loved ones so they won't become sheeple like most. Lets offer our prayers and good wishes to innocent people. Humans can't stop the violence?.. May God intervene soon enough.

I salute you and God bless you.

edit on 10/21/2011 by wisdomnotemotion because: typo

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

You're defending a guy who killed his own people and was dictator and yet, talk about being judged by God?

What in the Hell?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

You're defending a guy who killed his own people and was dictator and yet, talk about being judged by God?

What in the Hell?

I would bet my botom dollar that the lucifarian leaders of the west who orchestrated the invasion of tripoli are more likely to go to Hell than Gaddafi who brought wealth and prosperity to his country. You call him a dictator I call him a hero, it takes great amount of courage to stand up against the new world order. I will pray for Gaddafi even if no one else is.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

What in the Hell?

I would bet my botom dollar that the lucifarian leaders of the west who orchestrated the invasion of tripoli are more likely to go to Hell than Gaddafi who brought wealth and prosperity to his country. You call him a dictator I call him a hero, it takes great amount of courage to stand up against the new world order. I will pray for Gaddafi even if no one else is.

Hmmm, I'm guessing you really are an uneducated troll aren't you? You may wish to learn about how Libyan people were ruled, but then I don't think you really care to educate yourself do you? Pray for his souls redemption if it gives you some kicks, but it was people who stood up against his version of a new world order that despatched him - have a long hard think about why that would be.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

Libyan people? Are you serious? These are the real libyans: www.youtube.com...

The rebels are not the Libyan people, they are nothing more than criminal mercenaries out to get what ever they can steal, they have been rapeing the true libyan woman and have shown nothing but disgusting acts of violence since NATO helped them gain a foot hold in tripoli and surrounding neighborhoods.

It seems your the uneducated one my friend. I'm not surprised you believe all the main stream media lies and hate this man so much, since ignorance breeds contempt you are a product of their programming.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Wow.. I just realized how far in la la land members on ATS are. Wake up people.. stop confusing your self manifested fantasy with the truth. If you don't understand what I mean just look at the Op or all these page tarted posts on ATS.

ETA: did we forget the stuff Ghaddafi was responsible for? This site no longer provokes critical thinking anymore.. its a streaming Sci-Fi ebook.
edit on 21-10-2011 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

i work in construction now, taught history before that but my first uni degree is in conflict resolution + international security.

the point of me telling you that is that i learned long ago to question the mainstream message. all of my posts on this are based on my own experiences whilst in libya + from those that chose to speak with me about such things - not many i admit.

others may have had totally different experiences which is why i asked if anyone had any. i cant possibly claim to to be correct in everything, i can only express my experiences + perspectives.

as ats'rs are we not supposed to 'deny ignorance'? again, kudos to lightassasin for starting the thread

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Please, I am 54 years old. I've watched this crazy man on TV since the 80's . Don't let a few videos fool you. The man was certifiable.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

Bin Laden was Islamic so we had to respect his burial rights. Gaddafi was Islamic so we did not have to respect his burial rights.

Perhaps I should speak more like the government:

"We did not respect Bin Laden's by burying him at sea. We never buried him at sea. We were never at war with Bin Laden or Al-Queda. We've always been at war with Iran."

I can't wait for the next version of the Newspeak Dictionary to come out.

I love everything about this post!! wish I could give you more than one star!!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

Complete Transcript
[Historic Speech of Gaddafi to UN General Assembly, 2009]

Note: United Nations removed the English transcript of his speech from its website and western media removed the transcript from all types of media resources. MetaExistence Organization made an effort to restore the original transcript from his video speech. Gaddafi showed a actual evil face of UN and security council to the world.
Truth always be truth . . . . You never hide it

Gaddafi's 2009 UN speech

I urge you all to read the WHOLE speech.

Wow, that was a powerful speech. Is this the 3 hour rant as described by the mainstream media that I read about some years ago? It is certainly a was a rant, but a rant nevertheless with valid points. Without a doubt said with passion, reminds me of Hugo Chavez who also gets a bad rep. I admit I do not know much about Gaddafi, but I knew that the NATO "assisted" attack was done for no other reason but oil and resources. But reading that speech I see why he needed to go. No wonder he was targeted.
edit on 21-10-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
When a crime is committed in a city the police go through their records and see if the MO matches past crimes and known criminals.

Here is a short-cut for you.

When something evil and criminal happens on a global scale check for the Zionist / Israeli connection.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
While the rest of the world cheers, this thread mourns the loss of one of their heros.
This example of martyr worship of a brutal dictator makes the cheering of his death all the more worthwhile and justified.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The John Pilger film, "Breaking the silence...." about the war on terror is a great insight on events over the decade. I think it is essential viewing, and gives an insight to the current events and a pointer to the demise of the Col'. Pilger is a respected free-lance journalist with an impressive record who has a long record of documentaries accepted by the british main-stream media, albeit with accompanying disclaimers, possibly his trade mark. He has a known association with Wikileaks, not as a whistleblower, but as a supporter and you could argue that he may be privy to stuff not yet seen, but that is me speculating not to much.

www.youtube.com...#!
edit on 21-10-2011 by smurfy because: Link.

edit on 21-10-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join