It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In memory of Col. Muammar Gaddafi...For those who don't know, the truth revealed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

It's not the 'type' of system that should have been allowed to start up. Libya has plenty of stock to back their own currency. You really think this is being done 'by the rebels' in the 'best' interests of the citizens? You actually now, probably, have all your funds funnelling out just like every other country.

Do they even have the gold still? Or has that been heisted? I know where Saddam's gold went.

I will ask you, what goes, in this reality, after the gold?
edit on 20-10-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
OMG a day after Clintons visit. Suss. Right before they declare war on Iran. Suss. These are the best bunch of ragtag rebels ever. They have shot down planes with shoulder fired missiles and they have such skill with those toyota mounted guns and ak-47s. Gaddafis army must be the worst performed bunch of trained infantry ever.

Yeah my theory is that they used the Egypt crisis to gather the forces in southern Egypt. Using trained militia from the al-CIAda camps in Afghanistan. Then under the cloud of French airstrikes pushed forward deep into Libya. I remember Gaddafi saying al-Qaeda was the ones killing civilians. and that it wasn't him. I also remember Gaddafi not buying into the NWO thing. So he would need to be eliminated or surpressed in preparation for Iran. Considering how much the Mediterranean is going to be active during these coming months.

Mark my words Clinton signed the cheque and CNN make it believable.

Its amazing what results money and opium have on a group of men one trains to act as rebels or al-Qaeda terrorists. Same thing is happening in Syria. But Assad does what Gaddafi couldn't and that was just shoot them dead. Hence Syria will be next to fall. Ever before Iran war or during the first stages. The US or should I say NWO powers that be will not allow Syria to be in control when the green light is activated.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
A graphic pic and video are up online on DrudgeReport.

The illuminati are on a roll this year. A lot of moves all at once. Its almost as if they were on a schedule and nearing a deadline.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
What bugs me is the fact that sky news have shown his dead body at least ten times now ..... but they wouldnt show bin laden ? hmmmmmmm

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ReptileRipper

Yeh, all signs point to OBL died a while ago...

But on topic....10 times, wow, that's extreme. Mental imprinting? Rubbing it in?

No doubt.

Gotta go to bed.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ReptileRipper

Sky news did not have the photos to show.
The US military had the photos and did not release them, so how could any media release them if the US never put them out to the public.

They can not show what they do not have. Nothing suspicious about that.

edit on 20-10-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Ok, i kind of take your point and tbh i do not want to get into an argument over it. An evil man is dead and that is good but it is still wrong to celebrate death. That is my main point. Also, i am not Libyan. I am from the UK but i have worked and lived in Libya giving me more than a passing knowledge of the true situation in that country. I was actually in the UK when this whole thing kicked off and had to arrange safe ways out for all our guys still working over there - largely thanks to the selfless acts of our Libyan friends and colleagues.

It really is no media manipulation that in large swathes of the country there is genuine delight that Gaddhafi has gone from power. But like i said before, do not take my word for it - travel there and see for your self. I realise that for most, this isn't possible owing to financial constrictions but for those that can, go. You will see that i have spoken the truth on this issue. You will also see that Libyans are like people everywhere, generally very nice.

I also agree that our economic system is wrong and should be changed. However, this position in itself isn't good enough. Without a valid replacement it is simply a moot argument.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Bin Laden was Islamic so we had to respect his burial rights. Gaddafi was Islamic so we did not have to respect his burial rights.

Perhaps I should speak more like the government:

"We did not respect Bin Laden's by burying him at sea. We never buried him at sea. We were never at war with Bin Laden or Al-Queda. We've always been at war with Iran."

I can't wait for the next version of the Newspeak Dictionary to come out.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
A graphic pic and video are up online on DrudgeReport.

The illuminati are on a roll this year. A lot of moves all at once. Its almost as if they were on a schedule and nearing a deadline.

^^ This.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
How about this from April 2010?

Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi considers the US president a blessing to the Muslim world. In a speech published in London-based al-Hayat newspaper on Saturday, Gaddafi praised Barack Obama, called him a "friend" and said there is no longer any dispute between his country and the US.

Speaking in the Libyan city of Sirt at an event marking the 24th anniversary of an American attack on Libya, he said, "At the time, we were the target of the American cannon, the American navy challenged us in the gulf of Sirt and attacked us all along Libya's shores. America tested Libya, and the Libyan people resisted the large country, but today, thank God, the difference is great."

He said, "Now, ruling America is a black man from our continent, an African from Arab descent, from Muslim descent, and this is something we never imagined – that from Reagan we would get to Barakeh Obama."

Gaddafi stressed that Obama's presidency is "a major historical gain" and said, "He is someone I consider a friend. He knows he is a son of Africa. Regardless of his African belonging, he is of Arab Sudanese descent, or of Muslim descent. He is a man whose policy should be supported, and he should be assisted in implementing it in any way possible, since he is now leaning towards peace."

How can you not feel sorry for Gaddafi after stating that? He thought Obama was a friend and leaning toward peace while the whole time Obama was destabilizing Northern Africa with the CIA with the intent of killing Gaddafi for his handlers at the Federal Reserve.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

You can think that now. But I assure you, what you will read needs careful dissection. Gaddafi cares more about Libyans than the people in power now. You owe them money, and I believe there was a 2 Billion dollar figure being thrown about before too...I wonder how much is owed. What's the interest?

Germany has announced that it will lend €100m to the Libyan opposition to ease a growing humanitarian crisis in rebel-controlled parts of the country.

The £88m loan to the national transitional council (NTC) was secured against frozen Libyan government funds. The money comes as the rebels struggle to pay for essentials, a fact that was exacerbated on Sunday when government missiles struck the oil tanks that fuel the besieged city of Misrata's power generators.

"We have decided to provide the NTC with urgently needed funding for civil and humanitarian measures," said the German foreign minister, Guido Westerwelle, in a statement. "People are suffering more and more from this, particularly in eastern Libya."

Five months into the war, cash is running low and the rebels have tried and failed to get access to billions of dollars held in Libyan government accounts.

The situation is most acute in Misrata, Libya's third largest city, whose only route to the outside world is by sea. The normally affluent city was well stocked with supplies when war broke out, with petrol tanks and grain silos full. But supplies are running low, along with the cash to pay for them.

Prices for goods ranging from clothes to fruit have skyrocketed in recent weeks. "You cannot pay for everything you need in Misrata now, you cannot pay for juice, the children must have fruit and we cannot pay for it," said Bashir Al Zawawi, a lecturer in business administration at Misrata University.

On Sunday, one of the four giant tanks holding the city's oil supplies was hit by three grad rockets fired from government lines, leaving a huge pall of smoke over the city.

The most acute shortages are felt in Misrata's battered hospitals. "We have a shortage of everything," Dr Khalid Abufalgha, head of the city's health council, told the Guardian. "We are receiving humanitarian aid but it is never enough."

The rebels say Qatar, one of their key backers, has offered an "air bridge" to fly in food and medical supplies fly out wounded, but only when it is safe to land at the airport. Engineers have cleared the runway of debris and cannibalised wrecked machinery to provide fuel and power for landing planes, but the government frontlines are too near to make landings safe.

"We need this airport," said the airport's director, Abdul Hamid Garwash. "From our side we're ready, but permission is needed from Nato."

Earlier this month the NTC spokesman, Abdul Hafiz Ghoga, complained that promises of payments from western donors in May remained unfulfilled. Western officials counter that payments are being held up because the NTC is unable to present a fully transparent accountancy system to allow funds to be checked, and to guarantee that money earmarked for aid is not used for weapons.

Nato remains outwardly confident that however bad things are for the rebels, they were worse for government forces, saying that weeks of bombing had inflicted significant damage on Muammar Gaddafi's Bab al-Aziziyah compound in Tripoli, where bombs reportedly hit early on Sunday morning.

"Gaddafi has for decades hidden from the Libyan people behind these walls," said Major General Nick Pope, spokesman for Britain's chief of the defence staff.

The Gaddafi government insists it remains open to a negotiated solution to the war, with spokesman Moussa Ibrahim saying Libyan officials had a "productive dialogue" with US officials last week.

Informal peace proposals will be canvassed this week by special UN envoy to Libya, Abdul Elah al-Khatib, a Jordanian senator. But the sticking point in any negotiations is likely to be the insistence of the US, UK, France and Russia that Gaddafi steps down as a precondition to talks, which Ibrahim said would be rejected.

Source

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Yeah. Deja vu.

t was just this week that US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton openly called for the political assassination of Moammar Gaddafi, the Libyan leader. "We hope he can be captured or killed soon," she said -- while in Libya, to Libyans.

edit on 10/20/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Yeah, and contrast that with his robotic speech last week about Iran seeking to assassinate an ambassador and how that fell outside the "norms" of accepted behavior.

Obama must believe assassinating heads of state is the only accepted behavior?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Do anyone of you honorable ATS-Member read his Green Book?;
en.wikipedia.org...

I highly recommend it

PS; i am in a way very sad, he played a major Role in my political awareness
and he was a unique Leader

But i need to say that his Machinery/ Apparatus was deadly as many other African Machinery!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

The cash reserves held in foreign banks certainly need to be released to Libya. Bank managers are having to limit daily withdrawals to the lucky ones that are at the head of queue every day and that is intolerable as there is plenty of Libyan assets.

I also agree that when he set off on his journey 40 years ago he probably did not aim to be a tyrannical despot, rather a progressive and faithful to his people leader. Somewhere along the way, however, he did not so much fall off this track as smash it to pieces.

I guess the old saying that power corrupts can be held up here......

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Mike - there is no such thing as a "straight play" in the world of espionage.

Take a look at this video...

Originally posted by michaelmcclen
He did rule with an iron fist ,but at least his people got more from their government than any of us westeners ever did, Rest in peace.

edit on 20-10-2011 by BRAVO949 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I would love to also bring to attention this thread, already mentioned in one of the quoted posts by ChaoticOrder

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I cannot believe how people cannot see this was a trap all along. Honestly, if they think they are going to have it any better in Libya they are wrong, and time will tell, of course, it will all depend on what we 'hear' from the mainstream media. No doubt they will be able to cover up many things in the future regarding the raping of Libya's economy, which WILL happen. They will 'borrow' more money, even though it isn't required, and we will all see their, I guess it is now very, DESERVED fate. Congrats to those who are keeping the rich richer.

I'm angry. This is not a win for freedom. Al-Qaida were rumoured to be organizing the rebels. Journalists were threatened for even mentioning the 'rumours'. Al-Qaida could currently be ruling Libya for all you know. For those who know Al-Qaida's true origins, like myself, do call them Al-CIA-da. It's no joke, well it is, and you all fell for it.

He was working on creating a 'United States of Africa'. He was working on creating a currency with the backing of a united Africa and it's riches. How well do you think that was going to go down with the 'Bankers'? Just dig a little people, it's all their for you to see.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Further to this. Was Occupy Wall Street an operation to divert the attention of the public off the conflict in Libya? I mean, with enough people power behind an Anti-war protest surely that would have generated momentum? Much like OWS. Maybe OWS was the distraction.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

nice work on this thread Light

well done mate thanks for putting it together

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Highlander64

I could've done a better job but I was tired, angry and upset about it and just wanted to get my feelings out and into a post.

It's still not 100% confirmed yet so we may be back-peddling in a few hours/days.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join