It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In memory of Col. Muammar Gaddafi...For those who don't know, the truth revealed

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Ahmadinejad urges Libyans to unite against West
Agence France-Presse
Published: Tuesday, October 25, 2011

www2.canada.com/topics/news/world/story.html?id=5602042

TEHRAN - Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Wednesday urged the Libyan people to work together to prevent Western powers from taking control of their country and plundering its wealth.

"Their first objective is to take control of Libya and (then) attempt to impose non-revolutionary and non-popular rulers on its people," he said in a speech broadcast live on state television from South Khorasan province.

"NATO forces intervened under the pretext of helping Libyans ... and have turned Libya into ruins ... and under the pretext of reconstructing Libya, they want to plunder its wealth," Ahmadinejad said.

(...)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jjjtir

He's a smart man. Hence why he is the next target.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mustfarhan

I like that, i ask you a simple question and you don't answer but you do add me as a respected foe!

If you read the entirety of my posts i have a lot of respect and time for Libya and the Libyan people. Just not for Gadhaffi. I will concede that he had done some great things for his people. Unfortunately, he ruined all of these actions by the repression that he put his people under.

Like i have said in other posts, don't take my word for it. Go to Libya and see for yourself

My biggest hope now is that the Libyan people are allowed the chance to properly run their own affairs but i am, in honesty, not sure how that one will play out

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Flavian,

I really appreciate your input in my thread, and I'm not all that happy with the disrespect that has been shown to you given you have been tactful and courteous throughout.

I can vouch for your comments and the level of respect you have shown deserves a little more than the trash talking being directed at you.

Don't worry about the respected foe thing, it's no different than a schoolyard bully who has run out of vocabulary to return an insult to your comment and then decides to resort to physical violence.

People need to learn that everyone is allowed to have an opinion, and we're all allowed to disagree peacefully and to agree to not agree.

I hope others understand this because I have thoroughly enjoyed our conversations.

LA.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Thank you very much for your kind words. Like you, i thought the point of this site was to discuss opinions and inform each other. I would have to add that it is 'water off a duck's back' mostly but has left me slightly confused!

I am definitely getting disgusted with all the new footage of the actual execution (no other word for it) of Gadhaffi that keeps on emerging. Aside from anything else, you cannot help thinking that if he was a western leader we would all be up in arms at the disrespect being shown there.

He was a bad man at the end but that footage is actually very distasteful. Whatever his crimes, that definitely leaves a sour taste in the mouth......

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Actually I find it hard to sort the wheat from the chaff regarding this all.

I know he was bad, this I have not refuted. I have asked for proof from people merely because everyone says he's bad but has not provided links and whatnot to back up their statements.

The other problem we have is the fact Al-Qaeda linked LIFG are there and are leading the rebellion and we cannot determine how involved they were with the initial momentum of the protests, and then rebellions. You have to consider the fact knowing this is an Al-Qaeda group.

I have a feeling Gaddafi was trying to be more humane in the last 10 years, after 9/11, but the damage he had done in the past and the fact people did not have a choice over who was in power, was his undoing and certainly created an avenue for Al-Qaeda and/or the West to exploit.

Ultimately the facts are that Libya is now under Sharia law, not voted in by the people, and the efforts to fight for democracy now seem to have been completely futile. The future of Libya is not looking good and having heard reports of how people are disgruntled about how Sharia law has been implemented I have a nagging feeling that one of two things will happen. Hard line Islamic government will oppress the people and the West will turn a blind eye to it as long as they have access to cheap resources (which of course lowers the revenue available to the country) and the benefit of an unstable Middle East/Africa OR the West have wanted this so the people would rise up again and they would have to 'invade', properly.

There is no other conclusion but the above.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

I understand and respect your views and kind of agree (mostly). However, i would also say that people were disappearing right up until the end.......

It is horrible to now see some of the acts that have been carried out in revenge. And i also genuinely fear for the rise of Al-Qaeda off shoots in Libya. It is no secret that the mountainous area between Algeria and Libya has been a breeding ground for groups such as this for a long long time (one of the areas we were always advised to stay well clear of as our safety could not be guaranteed).

I don't know - Gadhaffi was bad man who did some good things. Some of our leaders strike me as good men who do some bad things.......

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
I wonder how much of that they recoup through the zero cost of human testing of newly created medicines on the poor and starving in Africa.

I could go on about what the west have done but I won't bother, it seems you are already ignorant with a statement like that.

Right. Got some proof on human testing in Africa, or just talking out of your fourth point of contact?

Ignorant? Look in the mirror, Gus. But before you do that, how about some research on the billions that he US has sent to Africa for AIDS research.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Yes. OK then.

Just ignore all the other factors involved. I understand this may be too hard for some to comprehend, you know, a western government doing something bad. Doing something for the purpose of keeping or improving on the status quo of their own interests.
edit on 29-10-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

Yes. OK then.

Just ignore all the other factors involved. I understand this may be too hard for some to comprehend, you know, a western government doing something bad. Doing something for the purpose of keeping or improving on the status quo of their own interests.
edit on 29-10-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

Yes. Ok, then

Just ignore all the factors involved. I understand this may be too hard for some to comprehend, you know, a western government doing something good. Since it's just soooooo easy to blame the West for every problem that comes down the pike.

According to you, the West spent money to develop AIDS, released it in Africa so they can then spend billions more to find a cure. Yeah, makes a metric s**t-ton of sense.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

You realise how off-topic we've gotten. The thread is about Gaddafi.

The purpose of the invasion is to remove someone standing in the West's way. Not to remove an evil despot. The laws he had were liberal, hence why he had an active Islamic terrorist group active within his country, the LIFG, who are Al-Qaeda affiliates. There is even more, which ATS'er OldCorp is going to bring forth on the next episode of The Truth Is Viral.

I agree there is no evidence to show what the West is doing but if a regions people are sick it makes sense that this adds to instability, it stops them from developing, which keeps the oil prices lower. I'm pretty sure all the 'aid' going to Africa from the Governments own pocket would be negated by the prices of oil that they have access to. Please also keep in mind the amount of money going to that region from peoples own donations which I believe is a significant amount too. Also keep in mind the amount of money the US spends of weapons development. There is always going to be an argument had here.

It's obvious why Gaddafi was removed. He was going to provide stability, regardless of his own actions, what he was going to achieve was going to have very serious effects on the whole system.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join