It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2nd Amendment,saved my life.... And it took someone else's.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by trooperdoom

So correct in your words. A split second decision that can literally change your life & out look on it completely. You do second guess yourself, you do feel guilt, it can take a toll. I realize now just how right my wife was when she told me to tell it on here.

I wish I had the time in my life to sit and respond to each & everyone of you that replied to my thread. Your kind words & non-judgemental view is what has helped me the most.

Something else I see here has really blown me away. No prejudice have I seen in any reply. Not one person has asked what race Or ethnic background or religion the man shot was. I left that infomation out on purpose and not a soul has cared. THAT IS AWESOME. WHY CAN"T WE BE LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME . I think if we were, we would not need the level of protection we feel we need now.

But until that day arrives. Stay vigalant about your protection. Take care of you and yours, and try to get through the 85 or 100 years we all expect to get with smiles, laughter & nothing but good times. Peace.

P.S. My dad used to tell me this all the time when I was kid," Life's hard , get a helmet". Now I know it's meaning.

edit on 24-10-2011 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

In my ideal world, no one would have guns.

But that is not the reality of the situation. I grew up in the south, where guns were just a normal part of life. My dad had a pistol, no idea what it was, but I remember him showing it to us kids and telling us in no uncertain terms that it was tool with which to kill people. It was always locked away, and I never say him brandish it again. It was not something he "showed off".

I've lived in the UK for 5 years now and still find it odd, most police don't even have guns. I do wonder sometimes, what would I do if the unthinkable happened. Reaching for a gun is not an option. I would, only in extreme circumstances, to protect my family, but like you would probably struggle with the actual feelings afterwards.

You protected your family, at the end of the day, you did the right thing.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerTruths

Zombies don't stand a damn chance in my neck of the woods. Thanks for the kind words & support. My dad taught me about firearms at a very early age. Around 7 I shot my first shotgun. On my 8th B-day , he bought me a 410 gauge shotgun. It's still sits in my closet.

He taught me all the do's & don'ts when it came to gun use. Then I became an adult and took all that was taught to me and handed it off to my son & daughter. Somewhere in there I became a " gun nut". I own several. well more than several, I look at it as an investment, and investment in firearms is no different than anything else you buy , hold onto, and hope it goes up in value.

But the truth is i don't sell any of them. There's 9 shotguns, 11 rifles of various calibers, and 21 pistols , 11 revolvers 11 semi=autos. I'm pretty set with firearms & ammo. So bring on the Zombies!! My situation and how I handled it, was a 40 second blur in my life. I refuse to let it define the father, husband the man I am. Prudent action to protect life & family, is just that Prudent decision. It could save your life.

The home we live in now. No one can get to my door, if I don't want them too. Gated drive, fenced yard, Pebbles & Bam- Bam may eat your arse if you scale the fence. And Pebbles & Bam - Bam are all about eating some arse!! Pebbles & Bam-Bam are my American Pitbull Terriers.
edit on 25-10-2011 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Glad you were able to protect your family from harm. If you were not armed you would be dead.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: InnerTruths

Bunch'a maniacs running around yelling "MINE"...

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Dear old dad is a WW2 vet and served in Patton's army. When he was in his 80s his eye sight had started to fail and he had the tremors in both hands. When I was a child we grew up on a farm and used to hunt and protect live stock with all kinds of guns. But with dad being old I told him to try and forget a pistol and use a shotgun instead (I had my doubts he could control the tremors enough to hit the broad side of a barn from 50').. Well as luck would have it the neighborhood was having homes burglarized when people were away at work. Dad was sitting in the den when there was a knock on the front door... Dad did not feel like interrupting his reading for a solicitor so all he did was lay a 16 gauge across his lap which had been right beside the chair. The next thing that happened was a huge guy busted the front door into Dad's house. Father said all he had time to do was drop the book raise the shot gun and in a command voice say, "get out now"!

One look at the barrel of the shot gun was enough to convince the B.G. to turn around and run. Dad followed and got the make of the car and called the police. The guys girl friend was driving the get away car and when the cops (actually did their job) captured the two only a few miles away the place where they were staying was full of recently stolen items. A happy ending all the way around.

People make choices.... some get their heads cut off while on their knees praying.. some decide they will over come their oppressors or die trying.

I have never killed anyone who was not trying to kill me (war) and I have lost no sleep or cried PSD when remembering what went down. I am glad I was just a little quicker or better prepared (weapon wise) than they were.
Someone armed breaking into your house is not someone you want to invite in for cookies or supper IMO. So Salute.... for yourself and your family "you did good" not to mention the others these individuals would HAVE harmed... They had already crossed the line of humanity into the zone of rabid animals...

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Nvm.
edit on 7/28/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join